Thread: Computer Help

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    I think you should check bestbuy first, they have a cheaper laptop accer aspire series that have really nice led backlit screens and amd video cards.
    They have really great price to what they perform, i think since you were looking online you may also have found outdated online store information.

Check in a store or phone them since some ppl dont tend to update their websites.
    Ive checked best buy but havent seen anything good.. but i havent checked there laptops out

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Sorry Op i miss read, i thought these were laptops.
    And i was distracted by the flamer so im going to stop talking in the thread so you can get some peace and quiet.

Again im sorry.

Can you get out of the thread were trying to help the OP.
    I ll post a screen shot to prove it to you ok, but were here right now to help the OP spend his money on a good laptop ok.
    At least the mods wont have a hard time telling whether or not you were trolling now. Have fun.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Hey Sorry Op i miss read, i thought these were laptops.
    And i was distracted by the flamer so im going to stop talking in the thread so you can get some peace and quiet.

Again im sorry.
    its fine your just trying to help

15+ Year Old Account
    BlueCow, how much do you have to spend on a computer?

Neither of those are terribly amazing gaming computers, the i5 2500K will likely do better for WoW, SWtoR is a toss-up as I haven't played it and don't know if it's GPU intensive like Rift, or CPU intensive like WoW.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

Neither of those are terribly amazing gaming computers, the i5 2500K will likely do better for WoW, SWtoR is a toss-up as I haven't played it and don't know if it's GPU intensive like Rift, or CPU intensive like WoW.
    For SwTor i was in the beta, but the settings the game had were only the high if it even goes to ultra on release i have no clue.

But there is a built in fps meeter that overlays the bottom left corner.
    And it always read over 100fps. with a 90 average.

As large as the environments look everything is split up so your not loading entire zones just what is relevant to you.
    And then there is the instanced off quest areas.

I would say its neither cpu or gpu intense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post

I'm seconding this. The 2500k is miles ahead of the AMD chip in terms of processing power for gaming, but not know how gpu intensive SWTOR is it's tough to call. Essentially, if you could squeeze the 2500k and the vid card from the first pc, you'd be set for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    I'm seconding this. The 2500k is miles ahead of the AMD chip in terms of processing power for gaming, but not know how gpu intensive SWTOR is it's tough to call. Essentially, if you could squeeze the 2500k and the vid card from the first pc, you'd be set for sure.
    TOR is so much more GPU intensive than WoW is. WoW I can max AA and not lose one frame per second, in TOR I go for the second of three options (it doesn't have a number, just Good, Better, Best) and my GPU starts to choke in cities.

Though it also gets my 2500K up to 50% CPU usage, it's got two main processes (and 38 threads, according to Task Manager) that eat a full core each.
    Last edited by Nellah; 2011-12-19 at 01:58 AM.
    Super casual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey OP Did you buy your computer yet? And if yes How is it running good i hope, wish ya luck!

And For Glo

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Like I said, please show us a screenshot or video demonstrating your maxed multisampling + shadows in 25man raid action holding 120FPS.

Otherwise, suck it up and accept that you fudged your numbers, move on and be happy you learned something new. Posting these kinds of claims only will confuse people who are genuinely looking for help on these forums.
    100Fps Swtor There you have it.

Settings:

Height = 1080
    Width = 1920
    WindowX = 0
    WindowY = 0
    DynamicLightsLimit = 2
    MeshLODQuality = 1
    TextureAnisotropy = 16
    FarClipScale = 3.9371195
    PlantDensity = 150
    D3DFullScreen = true
    NativeHeight = 1080
    NativeWidth = 1920
    doShadows = true
    doBlobShadows = true
    UseMinSpecShaders = false
    EnableBloom = true
    VerticalSyncState = true
    FullScreen = true
    AllowDepthOfField = true
    GammaRamp = 1.037854
    SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 1.25
    AntiAliasingLevel = 2
    enableadvenvirolighting = true
    DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true
    Last edited by Kouki; 2011-12-22 at 01:04 PM.

[QUOTE=BlueCow;14696188]How much fps could i get on WoW or Swtor low-medium settings with the AMD one?[COLOR="red"]

I have an Phenom II x4 965 @3.4 Ghz and a HD 6950 1 gb and have 40 fps in towns and 60 anywhere else VSYNC on, 1680x1050 resolution. That's SWtor btw.
    in wow middle of org now in patchdays on an high populated server everything maxed same resolution it's on around 20-35

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody cares about SWtoR, WoW is a lot harder to top 100fps in a 25m raid setting.

Also, there are 0 people, objects, or creatures around you.

If you have a good benchmark in a 25m raid in WoW post that.

Quote Originally Posted by heenksa33 View Post
    I have an Phenom II x4 965 @3.4 Ghz and a HD 6950 1 gb and have 40 fps in towns and 60 anywhere else VSYNC on, 1680x1050 resolution. That's SWtor btw.
    in wow middle of org now in patchdays on an high populated server everything maxed same resolution it's on around 20-35
    listen to this guy. His numbers don't seem inflated at all and are probably exactly what you should expect from a Phenom II x4 955/965/975 build
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right