Thread: D3 training

D3 training

do I need to play Diablo 2 to understand the story line etc.. in Diablo 3. I was reading a gaming mag. not long ago and I had no idea about characters and story lines as its been so long since I played D1.

I've been kinda wondering this too. I don't think you need to play D2 to be able to understand how to play d3, but yeah prob wont understand the lore as well. But I haven't played it either : /

ok.. yeah i just could not understand the past story that seems to be so intergrated into playing D2

From what I remmebr from D1 it was 3rd person only.. perhaps D3 will let you zoom right in to 1st person combat.

obviously more info is better when it comes to understanding a story. http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/timeline.xml has a bullion of the important points, but there is defiantly more info.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1vfx View Post
    ok.. yeah i just could not understand the past story that seems to be so intergrated into playing D2

From what I remember from D1 it was 3rd person only.. perhaps D3 will let you zoom right in to 1st person combat.
    Pretty sure the 3rd person game play is a major claim to fame in the Diablo series. I highly doubt they will take that out.

You could also check http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/world/lore/journal.xml if you want info on the story. It has many of the cutscenes from D2, which are definitely worth checking out. Plus, if you're too lazy to read it all, you can hit the button and have Deckard Cain read it to you.

Diablo has never been about the story. Don't worry about it. just make sure you can click your mouse. a lot.

haha, i hear ya... ok .. mousey go go go.

Hhmm I purchased a MS game pad might work better than a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Diablo has never been about the story. Don't worry about it. just make sure you can click your mouse. a lot.
    While this is how most people play video games, I'm sure you'll like the story Diablo has to offer.
    I was considering buying D2 again (lost cd keys) and play around while I wait for D3
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?