Arathi Basin's Gold Mine.

Okay, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but.. I can't hold back my curiosity anymore, and this involves a battleground so PvP forum sounds right. That mine is absolutely HUGE. I'm wondering - was there ever any point to it's size, or has it always just.. been there? There's no way to explore it without.. you know. Being a useless pile of failure to my team. Was there ever something in there in Vanilla, or something? Does it just keep going like it seems to? Has anyone actually seen the end of it? Is it just a trap for curious people like me?

It's an easy way to farm AB rep when you're trying to get Justicar.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was the same mine model as all the others, so it was simple to just put it in
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by HikariOblivion View Post
    Okay, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but.. I can't hold back my curiosity anymore, and this involves a battleground so PvP forum sounds right. That mine is absolutely HUGE. I'm wondering - was there ever any point to it's size, or has it always just.. been there? There's no way to explore it without.. you know. Being a useless pile of failure to my team. Was there ever something in there in Vanilla, or something? Does it just keep going like it seems to? Has anyone actually seen the end of it? Is it just a trap for curious people like me?
    It isn't very big, ends after the first bend. Just some carts and peons.
    Religion is like a penis.
    It's fine to have one.
    It's fine to be proud of it.
    But please, don't whip it out in public and wave it around,
    And please, don't try to shove it down my children's throats.

no explanation as to why it's so big but i can tell you that node is entirely useless and you shouldn't be holding it anyways. you can't see a thing from GM and it takes alot longer to react to inc calls at any other node from there.

Yeah, that mine is huge. It used to be where Blizzard came up with wow ideas. Now all the gold is gone, but they found a fossilised, million year old panda turd back there crusted to a wall and ..... well the rest is history.

Deleted

alterac valley

AV has some extra gameplay elements that sadly aren't used anymore. In earlier days it actually had sense in a 3 hour long AV fight, to release all the marshalls, call airraids and summon the ice lord. Aahh, good old days, always was fun when you could summon the ice lord en protect him till he grew the size of a small mountain and insta killed everything.

There's a mine in AV though that has a purpose....

Thanks for the responses. I was never sure exactly how large it was, just that - for an extra sticky-off-bit it's rather ridiculous in size. Good to know.

And I do know of Alterac Valley's mechanics! I really wish I had been around to see that.

Deleted
    Gold Mine in AB is like 30 meters long and there is nothing there to kill for rep or am I mistaken?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The gold mine in ab has always been there since the release of ab. There has not been a real purpose, besides the fact its the crappiest base to get. Nevertheless, if you get it, its the one thats the least under attack.

So it has some purpose, but nothing if you are talking about the idea of the gold mine.

Edit: i hate typing on an ipad. Corrected spelling.
    Last edited by Schadow; 2011-12-18 at 05:23 PM.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

I was disappointed that there are no copper nodes to spawn in there. Fish in the water would be nice too. I thought I remembered fish in there at one time so we could pass the time while we wait for the opponent to assult the blacksmith, could be wrong though.

There may have been fish in there, AV used to have some too but they got removed due to all the drama caused by people fishing instead of fighting. Probably took them out of AB at the same time.

there should be some kind of vein depending the lvl of the battle, like pyrite or silver with a rare spawn
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    GM is far from useless, I always try to cap it first in every AB game....usually only like 2 people run to it and its pretty easy to hold once you do get it. It's almost a guaranteed cap if you bring a group compared to fighting it out in bsmith or something. It might not have the advantage of a high outlook but its very easy for backup to get there from either fm/St or bs.