Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Hey just to let all know, after 30 min a message pops up saying you will get disconnected in 30 sec due to inactivity. There is also a "cancel" button; so just have Autoclick on that spot every 19 sec and voila; free camping over nights. Happy camping
    If it's pressing anything or doing anything without you being at the keyboard to say to do it each time, that's considered botting. Any automation of gameplay, no matter how insignificant it might seem to you is against the rules.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I think it might be legit if done properly with an external software such as Razer's softwares as someone suggests before.

I talked to a GM to ask if I could use the macro function of my razer keyboard for disenchanting and prospecting, the GM said to me that if I can get it working, there is no harm in using it and he told me that it would not be counted as botting - I disenchanted and prospected a lot of stuff using this.

So I don't see why it would be a problem to use a keyboard/mouse macro to make it click the button every ~30 seconds or whatever.
    Thanks Jekdin for the amazing signature!

Trouble with sending keys being used in another application, particularly the directional keys is that you would have rather erratic movement on your character.
    The best idea would be to only send keys which will be interpreted, but not result in a visible response such as a macro with a conditional which will then fail.
    I have myself toyed around with a rare spawn camping mechanism and the repetition mechanism aside, I was using a keybind for a macro.
    The macro would test for the swimming and indoor conditions, and attempt to use the turtle mount if I was.
    Certainly in the case of the TLPD camping, which fortunatly I no longer have to do, it would obviously fail on both conditions.
    If say camping poseidus then the indoor conditional would fail, and both results would not move your character in an erratic way or anything else noticeable to anyone else, other than a lack of responses to conversation.

I set up a macro that made me whisper myself over a amount of time.
    Wether you use a auto-clicker or not, it doesn't really matter.

Doubt you will get banned even if they somehow would "catch" you doing this automated process.
    Just like in real life, "crime" isn't static.

it's like giving the death penalty to a child who shoplifted a lollypop.

Deepsidedj Finally got his TlPD Big grate :-)

Deleted
    If you're getting issues with addons not working with WoW in background, change video settings from Fullscreen to Fullscreen(Windowed).

When I camped for my PSD, I put a single sheet of paper down on my mousepad. Then I set 2 ROUND toothpicks down on top and set my laser mouse on top of those. Turn a ceiling fan on and voila you wont go AFK.

The slight movement the paper gets from the fan moves the toothpicks slightly, which in turn moves the laser in the mouse a very small amount, and as long as the mouse is moving you wont go AFK. If the paper isn't moving enough, try putting a slight bend in it so it catches more air.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makine View Post
    I think it might be legit if done properly with an external software such as Razer's softwares as someone suggests before.

I talked to a GM to ask if I could use the macro function of my razer keyboard for disenchanting and prospecting, the GM said to me that if I can get it working, there is no harm in using it and he told me that it would not be counted as botting - I disenchanted and prospected a lot of stuff using this.

So I don't see why it would be a problem to use a keyboard/mouse macro to make it click the button every ~30 seconds or whatever.
    you could just loop the disenchant button with also the mailretrieve and leave it alone until your mailbox is empty, but is considered botting
    the GM just said "if you can bind a button to do all the work you can do it but you have to keep smashin' it"

with a decent scripting skill you can binding all the keyboard with the prospect bind in wow:
    /run "check if there is elementium in bag, if not retrieve the mail from mailbox" (it can be done, no restriction, gonna write it as soon as i get back from work, you gave me the idea :P)
    /use normal prospect macro here

smash buttons on your browser/playing on another account and with AutoHotKey bind all of them to the prospect action in wow, so you can do whatever you want and your JC will prospect in the time

this is an example of what isn't considered botting, as technically you're actively pressing the buttons

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    putting something heavy on your keyboard so that your character spins in circles on the spot works wonders for not going afk/DC.
    it's input from your keyboard, noone can prove that it's not you sitting there with your finger on the keyboard.

just to state the obvious; if I ever see someone in a BG turning circles on the spot for minutes on end, I will report you

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krullthor View Post
    putting something heavy on your keyboard so that your character spins in circles on the spot works wonders for not going afk/DC.
    it's input from your keyboard, noone can prove that it's not you sitting there with your finger on the keyboard.

just to state the obvious; if I ever see someone in a BG turning circles on the spot for minutes on end, I will report you
    if you keep the button pushed you'll still get afk (if they didn't change it recently, i tried it in vanilla multiple times)

if that char is pushing a button exactly every X seconds for hoursn (like setting your razer board to spam the button while you just keep it pushed), you can be banned w/o even get whispered by a GM

different story if you run a script that press a "random" button every "random" seconds (notice the quotes)

10+ Year Old Account
    on a chair staring at a screen somewhere in Europe
    have to admit that I havent tried it for hours on end, only about half an hour to an hour and it worked for me back then. but I can imagine there would be some checks for repetitive action in place yes.
    forget I spoke (posted)

<I used to be a poster like you, but then I took an infraction to the knee>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arachnan View Post
    That comes very close to botting, even if it is for harmless use.
    Don't think there's any legal way of making your character move for you for extended periods of time.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure anything that automates the game, even just clicking so you don't get DC'd for AFKing is considered botting. OP, you need to check with a GM or else you could get banned.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I would not suggest not sleeping... lawl

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're a warrior you can /startattack while you face away from the mob you're 'attacking'. This should keep you online if you can pull it where you want. Works for BM hunters if you can get your pet to hit the mob once, pull it to where you want with concussive shot, and have Spirit Mend on autocast so your pet won't die.

Use a Keypress program, alot of people that make alot of gold use it.
    they macro Prospecting and use a keypress addon to press the number and go afk
    you could do the same. You can even make your camping worth gold if you can mill/prospec.