Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i also agree that 25 mans are easier, theres always soem kinda slacker that has the potential to be in the group that gets carried. im not saying this happens all the time but it does happen. in 10 man theres no room for slacking, you cant carry some one like you can in a 25.

Quote Originally Posted by zola View Post
    i also agree that 25 mans are easier, theres always soem kinda slacker that has the potential to be in the group that gets carried. im not saying this happens all the time but it does happen. in 10 man theres no room for slacking, you cant carry some one like you can in a 25.
    That's crap that 10's don't carry people, of course they do but people probably don't want to acknowledge it because 10's are usually a bunch of friends and they don't want to admit they are carrying friends.

Top line 25 man guilds don't carry people either, just like the top line 10 man guilds. By top line I mean consistent world top 25 rankings, not guilds below that level.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    imo the biggest problem with the 10v25 debate is this. 10 man guilds dont have 25 players, so they cant raid 25mans on any kind of competative scale. most 25man guilds will have 10man alt runs weekly at the very least. and obviously 25man raiders (myself included) will always want to think they are raiding the harder content just like the 10man raiders do, but 25man raiders have the ability to experience 10man. this is generally not true in reverse.

one other thing to point out. since lots of people are claiming 25mans have loads of defensive cooldowns so its easier, beleive me every single one of those cooldowns is needed. the damage IS balanced around having at least 5 cooldowns.

10 man is seen as easy mode not because of the content itself but rather because it is easier to organize a consistent group of 10 players, getting everyone on the same page and maintaining excellent attendance, than it is to organize 25 players.

Deleted
    some of the problems stem from the fact that blizzard seem to balance 10 mans around a "no perfect setup" in terms of raidbuffs and debufs.

this causes "perfect setups" where all the raidbuffs and debufs you want are present to make fights shorter on 10 man as you have more dps than they are balanced for.

and means even though there are 3 reses in 25 man when it's progression for you a SINGLE death in 25man = a wipe

the biggest factor of this is Replenishment. all 10 mans are balanced to allow healers to heal the encounter as if they DIDN't have the buff ( on normal) meaning if the buff is present no mana-issues exist for your healers and a good portion of your dps.

the previous replenishment example was first hand experienced in normal modes and while not heroic. afte seeiing heroic and the mana pools of some healers at the end of 10 man kils sometimes i believe this is evident. a combination of avoidable damg being a lot lot more avoidable in 10 man (more space per player compared to 25) multiplies this as there is less aoe healing required per healer.

all ofc my opinion/observations of 10vs25 i like them both but have never considered 10 to feel "epic" enough to want to ever stop 25.
    Last edited by mmoc1ace84aa42; 2011-12-20 at 04:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    25 man you just stack raid cooldowns= easier.
    Considering you have a grand total of 0 Heroic kills and normalmodes are faceroll in both modes, you really shouldnt be talking in this topic.