Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    4.5 stars for leveling perhaps. As for the full look of the game, the lack of a LOT of things you would expect in this day and age, things that SWG did 8 years ago. Too ambitious? Who knows. No one can surely give you an in depth review on end game but as for reports so far - lacking.

No cosmetic costumes? Surely not an expansion feature, LOTRO did this and many many others did which makes it worse as each "tier" of end level sets look the same but recoloured. Lack of races and general customization, this is an MMO ( though at most never feels it, KOTOR3 with chat, anyone? ) you NEED to differ yourself from other players with more than skin colour and name.

WoW had constant complaints on lack of character customization so they introduced transmogging, sure every paladin has T2 but that's his choice and it only took 7 years to implement but even so this 7 year old game has more animations per race than Swtor, they may look worse but the effort is there.

Now don't get me wronG< I love the game but I know it's flaws and will only sit on middle ground until things are fixed.
    So the game is in middle ground because you can't "customize" your character's look enough and because you can't put on some roleplaying set yet? Bioware have clearly stated that they only wanted to have human looking races in the game so that it would be more immersive.

And no, it doesn't feel as KOTOR3 with chat, not at all. How the fuck can you even say that? Sorry for swearing but you people that are implying it feels as a single player game should really reconsider how you think. It's a proper MMORPG (!!!), there's tons more grouping up than any other out there.
    I'm not the Devil. I'm much, much older. I watched the Beginning and I will see the End. I am the dark behind the stars. I am the dark inside you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sethlol View Post
    And no, it doesn't feel as KOTOR3 with chat, not at all. How the fuck can you even say that? Sorry for swearing but you people that are implying it feels as a single player game should really reconsider how you think. It's a proper MMORPG (!!!), there's tons more grouping up than any other out there.
    More so than WOW, less so than RIFT. After the starter areas the grouping is easy provided your in a good guild, I see people spam all the time for groups so apparently there are people not getting in them. It certainly feels like a single player game at times and having a companion makes it even easier to forget other people are playing the game.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    Leveling is fine, but Im 50 and the PvE content is FAR too easy

And that is what I mentioned before...leveling fine, after that nothing to do yet after the first week

Great Sinlge Player Game, but not a great MMO.
    That's what I been saying all the time! Gimme KoToR3!
    I guess it might force Blizzard to put more effort into WoW if Sw:tor proves to be a worthy concurrent!

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The normal mode version is the easiest version, mate. Normal < Hard < Nightmare.
    3 difficulties? Seriously?
    Damn.. I thought TWO difficulties in WoW was too much. Just make some easy instances to begin with and some really hard end-raids. The only game I've played where several difficulties actually is fun is Diablo.
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2011-12-20 at 02:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    I fail to see how people can perceive WoW as the better multiplayer experience during leveling. What sets it apart (or above) exactly?

It's equally possible to level alone there, in fact most of my alts were, even though I had an old and established guild with lots of friends.

The only reason WoW isn't mentioned as much as a single player experience is not because it promotes grouping more, it's because it's single player experience is crappy, offers little to no immersion, often makes story a boring background spiced up with pop culture references.

Rift, not sure. Played only for a week and reached around 30-35th level iirc, didn't have as much fun there, in group or not.

But to each his own, people who enjoy those games are ofc free to do so. The bigger and more diverse the abstract gaming world - the better in my eyes.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-12-20 at 02:03 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    No cosmetic costumes? Surely not an expansion feature, LOTRO did this and many many others did which makes it worse as each "tier" of end level sets look the same but recoloured. Lack of races and general customization, this is an MMO ( though at most never feels it, KOTOR3 with chat, anyone? ) you NEED to differ yourself from other players with more than skin colour and name.
    Wait, what? No cosmetic costumes? Are you playing the same SWTOR as the rest of us? There are literally hundreds of items that are fully customizable that you can keep forever to have whatever look you want. There are dozens of Social rank pieces with an incredibly variety of looks that you can wear and be viable. You want to look like the Sand People from Tat? There is a set for that. A twi'lek dancer? A set for that. A pilot? A set for that. There are tons and tons of different looks that you can CHOOSE. At no time are you forced to wear a specific looking set like you are in other games. SWTOR has by far the most gear customization I have ever seen in an MMO that I have played. My Trooper has full sets of custom gear that I can use depending on the look I want. If I want to be a lightly geared recon type Trooper I can equip the pieces I have in my bank, throw my current mods in there and I'm done. I want to use a white, sniper looking blaster rifle instead of my stubbier, SMG type black one. Throw my current mods in it and off I go. Sorry this game doesn't include all 8,000 Star Wars universe races but you are flat out wrong if you think this game lacks gear customization.

15+ Year Old Account
    First official day of launch and people are already feeding the trolls LOL

For the new mmo players here, just a word of warning, if it sounds ridiculous then most of the time its not true....

Play the game, have fun, make up your mind on your own whether you like it or not.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger