Deleted

Performance issues?

Hello

I have been playing for 2 days and strangely enough, I am having serious performance issues!

My machine :
    Radeon HD 5770
    3GB RAM
    AMD Triple core 2.2 Ghz

I am usually running WoW on Ultra/high with 40-60 fps while idle and 30+ in 10man raids.
    I used to run Rift on medium-high with 30+ fps.
    Now I start playing ToR on the same machine and it performs way below expectations. I even set EVERY SINGLE graphics setting to low, reduced drawing distance to minimum... and I can barely get 20fps... and that's only outside cities in low-populated areas.

This performance is incredibly strange to me, considering that each planet is its own instance(as far as loading times show). Moreover, each planet "instance" supports only 150-200 players of the same faction. Once that limit is reached, a new instance of the planet is created and all players zoning into the planet will automatically be transfered to the new instance, so for example you will see players in your guild or /who that are in zones like Tatoine(1), Tatoine(2). You can switch between those instances whenever you wish via your map.

I don't know what's wrong with the game but performing that low on LOWEST possible setting while having such a low number of players in the same zone at the same time is just ridiculous.

Anyone else having the similar issues? Any thoughts on solutions(inb4 buy new computer)?

Yes, I've posted something similar the first day of my early access (Wednesday or Thursday?) There's a few variables to go with, like the amount of people in your area, your machine, what is running in the background etc.. ToR is much more demanding then either of those games, but not to the extent SOME people are seeing. I was using the example of the stress test beta, that I was pinging around 15-30 FPS (Not great, my gaming computer was broken moving from campus) and when it launched I am pinging around 5-7 in low traffic areas and hit 1-3 FPS in class restricted zones for some reason. The theory I've come up with is the lower gen processors aren't able to delegate the work load correctly, and because of that it's dragging down the rest of the computer. There also seems to be a bit of malfunctioning code some where that I've yet to find.