Thread: Origin?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Origin?

Everyone is saying not to buy swtor off origin... why? it will cost me more in fuel prices to go to the store than to get the £4 difference in price...

Deleted
    Generally bad service. At least that's what I've heard.

Deleted
    Played November 28 Beta-

Bought the DE the next day.. All ok and the game Was ready to go once my Early Access came throught

Got my Email For early Access on the 15th - all worked fine

on the 16th Got an email saying my account was now active + another Activation Code which i entered into my SWTOR account in their website, they had now billed me for the full game and my DE item where in the mail ( ingame mail box )

All was easy, No driving, No waiting for people to deliver stuff, No mixed up Codes or missing Code, its was Fine..

Nop one hitch

Because it's run by EA and EA must die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by russ555 View Post
    Because it's run by EA and EA must die.
    & they destroyed Theme Park! Seriously. Download it for the iPad. It is advertised as the "reinvention of the classic game". Only thing they have in common is that they're in a park.....

There was a stink a while ago when someone actually read the Origin EULA, got scared, and tried to get other people scared too. There's a paragraph in there about information gathering and sharing that's basically the same as Steam's, but because EA is involved, it's a wicked plot to sell your identity and soul to the Legion of Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    There was a stink a while ago when someone actually read the Origin EULA, got scared, and tried to get other people scared too. There's a paragraph in there about information gathering and sharing that's basically the same as Steam's, but because EA is involved, it's a wicked plot to sell your identity and soul to the Legion of Doom.
    Except it wasn't the same as Steam's. Steam's restricts itself to "gathering stuff related to Steam", EA's was "gathering anything we damn well like".

Origin is a terrible client, and their customer service is pathetic at the best of times. Origin should always be your last resort.

I made the mistake of going there first for my ToR preorder. They still owe me £5 >.<
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

i think origin had some bad reports about it a while ago but EA needed a place where pp could DL the game so i think they bought origin and are now trying to sort out all the crap - i know 4-5 ppl who have DL swtor from origin with no probs so i think it comes down to you as te person who wants to buy the game - from origin or retailer

I got mine from Origin and everything went completely fine for me.
    /shrug
    ಠ_ಠ

You can buy SWTOR off of Origin, it is fine. I did it, and the game is working great. SWTOR does not run on an Origin client, it is completely separate from it.

because it's more fun to interact with a ton of people face to face and party while you're waiting to pick up your copy than to try and wade through day 1 server stress? at least that's my reason. i don't actually play the games until a week or two later half the time.

Never had any issues with origin, always worked fine.
    Boomkin/Mage/Whatever in Fatsharkyes

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    I'm considering buying this from Origin, the Digital Deluxe Version. The problem is, that I already have an Early Access going on from another version of the game, the normal Retail Box version. In SW:tOR Account Management I have Early Access of a Standard Digital Version or the site just shows all Early Access that way.

If I purchase that Digital Deluxe Version from Origin, will I run into problems while registering the Game Code? I think I should not even try to register another Early Access code to my account.

The point is, I'm very bothered about the delivery of my normal Retail Box Edition via mail, it's getting close to Christmas (22th December) and my game hasn't been delivered yet.
    Early access codes are not specific to your version of the game. You can redeem any product code on your account. This was confirmed on Twitter last week.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Already using Origin for ages for other games (battlefield 3/bad company 2 etc it's the new name of the old EA Download manager from years ago).

You don't even need to run it during SWTOR and I got the client from the website not via origin.

After I used my product code the Origin version changed from pre-order/not released to "Play" but directly launching the swtor launcher works as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Already using Origin for ages for other games (battlefield 3/bad company 2 etc it's the new name of the old EA Download manager from years ago).

You don't even need to run it during SWTOR and I got the client from the website not via origin.

After I used my product code the Origin version changed from pre-order/not released to "Play" but directly launching the swtor launcher works as well.
    They can quickly change that, so that you have to run Origin, to boost it's numbers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    They can quickly change that, so that you have to run Origin, to boost it's numbers.
    Ya and a piano could fall on me from an 8th story window today when I am outside. Does that mean that I should look up whenever I am walking from now on in case a piano is teetering on the edge of a building?
    SWTOR doesn't need Origin. There are no plans for it to ever need Origin. Stop with the conspiracy theories.

@OP: If you want to buy the digital version on Origin, do it. I had exactly zero issues with the service after pre-ordering it day one. I got both my confirmation emails and then got my "product ready" email Saturday with my actual retail code. No issues at all. Ordered an authenticator from them, didn't show up in my orders page so I left the live chat window open for ~30 minutes while playing SWTOR and got it sorted in about two seconds with them. In general, yes it is a horrible, horrible service, but as a store it functions perfectly fine since you don't need it for the actual game at all.

The Origin client is 100% garbage. I had tons of problems with BF3 that were Origin related. Just look at the BF3 technical issues forum; it's ridiculous.

That said, I ordered SWTOR through Origin as well, and I didn't have any problems. SWTOR doesn't actually play through Origin though...the obvious difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you go Digital via Origin you will be fine.

The big issue right now is Origin has canceled tons of physical box preorders, mostly CE's I believe even though these people received early access keys and are playing right now.

I went digital via Origin, downloaded my client via SWTOR and aside from server queues being ridiculous its been a good launch.