Deleted

Most profitable alchemy specialization?

I can't decide on which alchemy specialization would make me the most money, which one do you guys think makes more money nowadays?

Deleted
    I'd say transmutation since the gems are expensive now

10+ Year Old Account
    Really just depends on whats popular on your realm. Normally its going to be transmutation since gems are needed much more than elixirs or potions.
    Trans>Pot>Elix IMO
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."

Hmm...The perfect answer would be; it depends on your server. If you are in a high population server with a lot of raiding guilds, Elixir Master would be beneficial since most dedicated raiders usually use Elixirs atleast 2-3 times during an entire fight and taking into consideration the number of times they wipe. I have never used any potions so I am not sure if there is any market for potions.

However, Transmutation is probably the safest best. You pretty much get a daily income from your daily transmutes. A few times I’ve had the Carnelian transmute proc 3 inferno Rubies. I actually made a 900G pure profit each time from cutting it and listing it on the AH. What I also recommend is if the price of volatile life are low and the price for volatile air is high, buy 15 Volatile Life and Transmute them to Air in Uldum. Most times this gives you a bigger profit than from the Truegold Transmute since truegold is so cheap right now and I don’t remember ever getting a proc on the truegold since the beginning of Cataclysm. And most people are willing to only tip 50-75G for a CD.

I personally roll with flask making, I make a lot of gold that way but the choice is ultimately your's to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post
    Hmm...The perfect answer would be; it depends on your server. If you are in a high population server with a lot of raiding guilds, Elixir Master would be beneficial since most dedicated raiders usually use Elixirs atleast 2-3 times during an entire fight and taking into consideration the number of times they wipe. I have never used any potions so I am not sure if there is any market for potions.

However, Transmutation is probably the safest best. You pretty much get a daily income from your daily transmutes. A few times I’ve had the Carnelian transmute proc 3 inferno Rubies. I actually made a 900G pure profit each time from cutting it and listing it on the AH. What I also recommend is if the price of volatile life are low and the price for volatile air is high, buy 15 Volatile Life and Transmute them to Air in Uldum. Most times this gives you a bigger profit than from the Truegold Transmute since truegold is so cheap right now and I don’t remember ever getting a proc on the truegold since the beginning of Cataclysm. And most people are willing to only tip 50-75G for a CD.
    Definitely a great idea and info. Can't say it hardly any better. Keep an eye out and see what's making the most money where you character is.
    YouTube Channel. TTTT
    "Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go went to do look more like."
    "just cuz u can't comrepehdnable the situational understand in to they of those that spoked to the point in understandable them and then comprehend what their said to them and until then dont spoke."

Deleted
    transmute, esspecially if you have a jc'er.

transmuting living elements is a gaurenteed proc which is nice, and the results are always in demand.

Its slow though.

I have never found much money in flasks and pots. Im not sure what the deal is, but people seem to consistantly sell them for less than the mats are worth. Maybe they are scavenging the AH better than me and finding deals, maybe they are farming the herbs themselves and then crafting them at a loss like a bunch of bads. Ive seen this suggested several times as a way to make gold on this forum.

In any case, flasks are largely supplied in guild these days, Its the only way to do it with cauldrons being what they are. Limits the market for flasks pretty substantially.

Pots are good, but relatively cheap, requires substantial volume, something I personally hate cause it takes too long to craft the stuff.

/whyIdontplayAHwithalchemist

Transmute is safest, Elixir is good if you're on a high pop server. Don't go Elixir Master if your server is low-med pop and/or there are already lots of flask suppliers on AH.

As with anything involving the AH, it depends on your situation.