Deleted

English EU PVP Realms

Anybody like me come to a hard decision to reroll?

I did just that today. Im not complaining and to be fair we expected this, but quite in the manner it has all been dealt with.. i'm not to sure it was the right way.

My main gripe has been the 'unofficial server' business. Now we know server's were going to become popular and certain ones were ear marked by communities, on LoL it started off so well then rapidly declined last night to almost all out racial war.
    I put my hands up and admit that I headed for a server that had been marked by the UK community because it would be predominatly english spoken in general, but my god, this is not working. I'm not sure how its going on other servers but there seems to be alot of the english servers been taken over by other languages.
    On LoL its been Czech and Slovak's with some Portaguese thrown in. This would be all good if only they stuck to the english in general, some do and are very polite but there are an awful amount not, even nice Czech's fighting with other rude Czech's to speak english and then being verbally abused. Why oh WHY didn't BW think of this?
    Did they not see what happened in 'the game that shouldn't be named's launch? Why is it so hard to make dedicated Russian, Spainish, Italian, etc etc servers? They dont need to be different, just ear marked for their communities, instead of saying EU English, it should say EU Russia, EU Spain etc, this would make everyone's lives a bit more easier with forward planning on where to head.

And then there's the queue's.. but we all know about them so I don't need to rinse and repeat. Please let me know your thoughts

Anyone from LoL and you've had enough.. head over to Starstorm One, seems a nice english community so far, server only went up yesturday (Saturday) so theres not tons of people 50 already and.... NO QUEUE'S!!

Deleted
    I'd like to warn you that some big Russian guilds are coming to Starstorm One. I read that just yesterday on the official forums. I'll try to find the link.

I was also playing on LoL after searching for a proper server, but was disappointed.

I ended up rolling on Hydian Way (PvE) - only English in chat and from my 13 levels of experience, quite a nice community (Empire side, don't know about Republic)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgur8 View Post
    I'd like to warn you that some big Russian guilds are coming to Starstorm One. I read that just yesterday on the official forums. I'll try to find the link.

I was also playing on LoL after searching for a proper server, but was disappointed.

I ended up rolling on Hydian Way (PvE) - only English in chat and from my 13 levels of experience, quite a nice community (Empire side, don't know about Republic)
    Bah, is there an english EU PVP server out there they have not laid claim to? Because they all seem to be 'russian' currently.. Hope BW sort this out!

Hahahahaha.

Hahahhahahahahahhaha.

Alright, I'm done. You were so sure of LoL and completely disregarded anything I said, but I'll tell you again: Tomb of Freedon Nadd is awesome and is not plagued by various languages, despite what some simpletons on here were telling people. There are small Spanish and Italian communities here, as well as lots of other European countries but for the most part everyone speaks English in chat. Last time I recall anyone talking Spanish in chat was saturday morning, which he quickly said "oops sorry, wrong channel".

The queues here are a bitch, but they're looking into that.

You could try Sceptor of Ragnos, I have a small guild there and it seems just fine. Queues aren't too bad, 15 - 20 minute waits during peak times., manageable.

Deleted
    Link to back up my statement regarding Starstorm One: www . swtor . com/community/showthread.php?t=41815

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bionotics View Post
    Hahahahaha.

Hahahhahahahahahhaha.

Alright, I'm done. You were so sure of LoL and completely disregarded anything I said, but I'll tell you again: Tomb of Freedon Nadd is awesome and is not plagued by various languages, despite what some simpletons on here were telling people. There are small Spanish and Italian communities here, as well as lots of other European countries but for the most part everyone speaks English in chat. Last time I recall anyone talking Spanish in chat was saturday morning, which he quickly said "oops sorry, wrong channel".

The queues here are a bitch, but they're looking into that.
    I had heard different about ToFN .. Quite a few people complaining of Spanish and Italian folks taking over, and the queues aswell, kinda puts it in the same department as LoL in my book. I'm trying to think of where to really call home. We know the server cap is going to be raised at launch (hopefully) but whats to say that the queue's will get better? New people will flood to them servers no matter the queues because thats where their communities have said to go.. So I see more Spanish and Italians heading to ToFN in the future, I hope I am wrong

Deleted
    I was on ToFN, but haven't been able to get online since the second day of EGA due to the 6hour queues after midday.

I've moved to Trayus Academy, I think it's spelt, haven't seen any other language in general chat yet, but I went Republic instead of Empire there due to the numbers difference, been the underdog is always more fun.

Not had a queue yet, only listed as Very Heavy a few times during prime time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgur8 View Post
    Link to back up my statement regarding Starstorm One: www . swtor . com/community/showthread.php?t=41815
    Thanks for that, but it looks like just one person declaring this. Russian servers so far have:
    Chuundar (PVP EU)
    Basilisk Droid (PVP EU)

As long as they stick to speaking english in general then its all good.

Deleted
    I think you should come to the server I mention, it's a new one aswell, that was added due to queues. I've not seen a non English word in chat, on Republic side.

I've not seen any posts on any forums saying the server has whatever country coming to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verraxe View Post
    You could try Sceptor of Ragnos, I have a small guild there and it seems just fine. Queues aren't too bad, 15 - 20 minute waits during peak times., manageable.
    Yes, this realm is nice. I specifically checked to see if it was any "unofficial" server which it wasn't. Also, the name doesn't sound too unappealing without it attracting all the morons like fatman or darth......
    Queues are good for a starting MMORPG. Means the server won't die. But they also aren't annoyingly long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zennor View Post
    I had heard different about ToFN .. Quite a few people complaining of Spanish and Italian folks taking over, and the queues aswell, kinda puts it in the same department as LoL in my book. I'm trying to think of where to really call home. We know the server cap is going to be raised at launch (hopefully) but whats to say that the queue's will get better? New people will flood to them servers no matter the queues because thats where their communities have said to go.. So I see more Spanish and Italians heading to ToFN in the future, I hope I am wrong
    I just want to update with this lovely thread concerning ToFN:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=4156
    please read to the end of the thread where its today...

Yup seems its going the same way as LoL, sorry to say...
    Last edited by mmocff58735068; 2011-12-19 at 03:47 PM. Reason: typo