Need a new video game

Currently I am kind of bored of WoW and just enjoy raiding, LoL has also gotten a bit dull. Anyways.... I need a new game and would really enjoy one that is similar to the pokemon series or playing as the creature evolving/ changing forms to progress in the game. I havent seen / played a good game like this in a long time. Suggestions would be great

10+ Year Old Account
    I would suggest Ogre Battle 64 if you have an N64 or wii(it's on the vc). If not you can always do that other thing that's not allowed to be talked about on these forums.

OB64 isn't like pokemon too much. It's slow early on but once you get stronger, it gets faster. Anywho, it's a little similar in that you control an army(it's sorta like an RTS, but not quite) and your army is composed of units and the units are composed of individual people that gain levels and such. They're assigned classes that you can change as long as you have the gear and the person themselves meet the requirement stat-wise. As you progress through the game, they can become even stronger classes(Knight is a basic class that becomes a paladin later on). Really that's the only part that's similar b/c you can change the units and switch the classes and they can become stronger(almost like evolution) later on. Give it a try if you can.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Dragon Warrior Monsters. The original, 2, Joker, Joker 2. My favorite's the original, and it seriously consumed hundreds of hours of my life. Hundreds. On a Gameboy game.

They're basically pokemon games, but you can breed monsters to make new, different monsters that learn the abilities of their parents over time. Breeding chains for super-monsters span generations and thousands of levels. It's ridiculously complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Dragon Warrior Monsters. The original, 2, Joker, Joker 2. My favorite's the original, and it seriously consumed hundreds of hours of my life. Hundreds. On a Gameboy game.

They're basically pokemon games, but you can breed monsters to make new, different monsters that learn the abilities of their parents over time. Breeding chains for super-monsters span generations and thousands of levels. It's ridiculously complex.
    Agreed, Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters is just about the closest thing to Pokemon you can get. Also, Monster Rancher. The GBA version is a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I also remember another game for the wii called Monster Lab(iirc). It's pokemon like with turn-based fighting. You create a monster ala frankenstein like methods and depending on what parts you use for its head, arms, torso and legs, you get various attacks or health bonuses etc. I never beat it(got distracted by other games) but it was fun imo.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Yeah Ive heard of all these suggestions and dont have access to a gameboy color anymore. I dont want to be particular but a newer game on the PC would be the most ideal :|. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll definitely keep my eyes out if I could find my gameboy... and I know there are other means.