Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone remember Okami? Loved the game and the art style.

Rayman Origins

Its pretty hard to find a decent screenshot, but its all beautifully hand drawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim did sooooooooo good with the dragons. the animations are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by cpillow View Post
    Skyrim did sooooooooo good with the dragons. the animations are amazing.

Skyrim has some very pretty pictures, but 'artistically beautiful' (for recent games) is Bastion hands down. The stylized graphics are great, but the voiceovers, music, and use of environmentals just.... WOW. How did a little indie manage that in this day and age ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    http://images.mmosite.com/my/upload/cf/c2/ecc3fa76e45f658b27b57693d41a9053/theme/832d5af99cc9f595b03d8d7a3c604e28303.jpg

Have to hand it to CCP their enviroment is amazing looking. Though Amar and Min ships still look like ass XD.

Id have to say a heavyly modified CSS is very nice looking, mind you not that default shit. I mean hours upon hours or even days upon days of work setting up or retexturing models and maps. I had my CSS looking very very very nice a while ago.
    Yeah, I have to say CCPs art department is probably the best when it comes to sci-fi MMOs (or even sci-fi games in general for that matter). Everything in EVE looks fantastic especially now in Crucible. Their art has that tone and atmosphere that gives you an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration and fear. Even the character creation has that. EVE is truly a remarkable game in almost every aspect.

PS. You're crazy, Minmatar rule! Their ships have that steampunk/cyberpunk hue to them....they... are... awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah so many choice, from the recent ones Trine 2 hands down the visual pleasure you're getting from this game has no match, it's absolutely gorgeous.
    Shadow of the Colossus already mentioned beautiful game stunning sceneries

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved playing through Trine so I had to buy Trine 2 and its beautiful although Bastion is good aswell and I really loved Mirror's Edge so much beauty in that game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

Aion is pretty stunning

Any korean game unplayable, but visually stunning

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 11:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stealessence View Post
    Aion is pretty stunning
    indeed it is, might be surpassed by tera though

Deleted
    That bloody game on iPhone.... what's it called.

OH, Infinity Blade. Not only are the graphics ground-breaking for a phone game, but generally they're very amazing imo

I'd say Drakensang: The Rivers of Time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okami and Okamiden. Nothing looks quite a pretty as running around in a Japanese inkwash painting as Amaterasu, in the form of a bad ass wolf (or wolf pup).

Last edited by Primernova; 2011-12-19 at 10:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Okami was probably the first thing that came to mind when seeing the title of the thread. Even though it's a few years old now, I still pop it in every now and then; and it still looks great.

Shadow of the Collusus is also way up there though, that game blew me away when it first came out.

Ico is another one - something about the style of that game, I just love.
    Last edited by jamlol; 2011-12-19 at 10:59 AM.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

I do not think Skyrim is that 'artistically beautiful'. Despite the bad textures it looks nice. However, it is a very generic looking fantasy world paired with nice graphics fidelity. It sure got great animations, it is very well done but it is a very well done unimaginative world.

Even though I criticise it a lot, I think WoW is just excellent when it comes to being 'artistically beautiful'. The engine is too old, it was already old when it was released, and the game still got landscapes that are simply amazing. The textures are not great, graphics fidelity is just not there, but the art is so great that it makes up for a game that engine-wise is like a decade or so old.

Bastion is another game that could be mentioned, it looks unique, it is just like the story. It can be very colourful and very grim at the same time. Amazing looking, gotta love it.

Rayman Origins is just absurd. It looks gorgeous. It is incredible.

LIMBO is just another amazing looking game. Art at its finest.

Having said that, I think Trine 2 is just the best looking game I have ever seen. It has got a good bit of graphical fidelity, paired with amazing well made environments. Even though I do not like the game much myself (I would rather a more action oriented game), it is worth playing just for the visuals alone. Amazing. It is almost magical, fairytale.

Other games that got amazing visuals would be Okami, Tera (it looks too good! The best looking MMORPG, dare I say!), Sonic Generations (looks very nice, level design is good, textures are quite good on PC and it is very fast paced), Dirt 3 and the new Mario for Nintendo3DS. Even though I despise Mario's games, this game is great looking and completely done in a way that screams '3D'.

I could go on, but I guess those are enough. Trine 2 takes the cake, in my opinion
    Last edited by Niter; 2011-12-19 at 11:14 AM.

The OP's Skyrim picture is very beautifull. Artistically beautifull games I love are the Mario and Yoshi worlds, because they're fun for pretty much every age. Also Alan Wake looks pretty beautifull, I love that place where the game takes place

Too many to pick just 1, but among many:

SWTOR
    Skyrim
    Mass Effect 2
    Final Fantasy 13-2
    Halo: Reach
    Aion

Those are the ones I can remember right now.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    http://deadendthrills.com/ - a site for beautiful in-game screenshots. Not just Skyrim, but also.

E: Apparently the OP's Skyrim shot was from deadendthrills..
    Yeah I love that site, there are some simply amazing screenshots there.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    I also think that Viva Pinata is outstandingly pretty.
    Haha, yeah I own this and play it on my Xbox with my daughter all the time. Very unique, just wish the game allowed more objects in the garden, and gardens in different areas, maybe with different weather from time to time. Seasons would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Mirror's Edge, completely beyond comparison.
    Totally agree, it's like nothing else out there for the gameplay/visual style mix. The theme tune is also awesome, got it on my iPod :P I own this on my Xbox too and really hope they do a sequel.

Deleted
    I like Dead Island and Mirror's Edge.