Deleted

Affliction Help!

Hey, I just leveld my lock to 85 to start arena. Im not a total beginner in arena, Ive played warrior and paladin at 2k'ish rating.

The problem atm seems my damage, in the end of the arena I mostly end up last on the damage, I try to dot as much as possible. But after ive doted and SS'ed, what do i do then? SB? DL? or just run around and wait?

Also I have no chance against melees, please give me any tip what to do against melees

thanks

Deleted
    Dot up 2/3 targets and keep them up 100% of the time. Better to keep pressure on 2 instead of take 3 and fail, unless other team play like crap you can't keep 3 dotted for any decent time.

Make use of portal and glyphed flame for slow. If you can take a melee down in Dalaran or BE arena and portal up you are safe for 10 secs. Don't be afraid to soul harvest if need be. If your buddies get zerged UA + fear is your friend.

Depending on your setup your "dps" partner and your healer can CC/peel stuff away from you etc to let you free cast more but really expect to be trained so juke 'em hard!

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    The problem atm seems my damage, in the end of the arena I mostly end up last on the damage, I try to dot as much as possible. But after ive doted and SS'ed, what do i do then? SB? DL? or just run around and wait?
    You should be top of damage, so something is wrong here. Make sure you're using Demon Soul and damage trinkets if you're going to get long enough to Haunt/UA/CoA/Corruption someone, then soul swap all of those DoTs to the second nuke target. Only use Fear when it is needed, make sure it isn't on DR when you actually need it. Drain Life in down time, keep UA running with Fel Flame and always keep DoT's rolling on at least 2 people. Keep it on the 3rd if you're trying to force pressure on the entire enemy team or make them OOM.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Also I have no chance against melees, please give me any tip what to do against melees
    get a healer or bend over and take it

Shadowflame (Glyph) off CD for the awesome slow
    They will likely trinket your Howl of Terror so Death Coil -> Hardcast Fear when they do, pop all your damage trinkets and fully DoT them up. Those DoT's will probably take them to 30-60% health or so assuming no heals.
    Keep kiting, don't let 'em get your in melee

Lock vs Melee 1v1 is extremely hard to win though.