Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    im doing pvp leveling + crafting at once..... around 2 days online and level 30. When im in queue for bg i do quests as they go. Not fastest way but got 3 crew skills to 270 alrd. Takes all gold you get tho.
    Geme smtn 2 kielllllll.

Considering I haven't advanced any character beyond 15.... mostly because I have eight characters all moving at a similar pace... it ain't too slow. I want to take all of them to the point they get their ship, or 16, whichever comes last. Mostly trying to see how each AC plays out and where the balance is. I am skipping conversations for non-class quests for the later characters. This game won't have as much re playability as some others as you have no choice where to level... so I might take them all up at once meaning I won't see 50 anytime soon.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    the story lines are engaging and immersive, and they make you want to keep playing way longer than you should (Ya... stayed up til 4 am last night.)
    So true! I enjoy every step I make in this game the questing experience is on a whole new level from other mmos I played. So enjoyable! I played for bout 20 hours and I'am lvl 19 atm. There are lot of minor glitchhes the game feels tad raw, but overall a very good game. I play with a friend of mine we go dual BH (powerthech and merc) we can do anlmost any quest together.

Leveling speed is fine for me, as I totally enjoy the process. I'am a little bit afraid of what is to come at level 50 near the end. I hope they won't blow it. *crosses fingers*
    Last edited by Asperity; 2011-12-19 at 11:52 AM.

My Sith Marauder is level 23 with 1 day, 11 hours, 43 minutes play time currently.

It feels like I've played him maybe 12 hours, though.

I also wonder what the rush is. Say you hit 50 before the game is even out. THen what? Scream that you are bored and back to jumping on mailboxes in WoW? I'm very much enjoying the game, and my wife enjoys it too (I am going to get her a copy tomorrow). Anyway, i'm not an explorer, but i find myself exploring the world a bit, and pick up the side quests. Also like others have said, i did my first bonus mission chain ysterday, i got a nice orange piece of gear. I think that is like the wow blue? idk. Of course these things are pretty easy so far. Just mindless slaughter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by R0AM3R View Post
    LOL your doing it wrong. I got onto the game like 20:00 played till like 3:30-4:00 and i'm almost level 12.
    I gained the first level in 5 min, should be done in 4 more hours then...?

OT: I'm going somewhat slow to, prefer enjoying the game over being effective.
    Space mission quests seemed to give a fair amount of xp, and doing a few flashpoints + daily quest gave a fair bit too

Honestly I don't mind the leveling experience being a little longer. First thing is I have learned more about my class going up to level 24 then I ever would have in another MMO setting I have played (uo, wow, rift, and now swtor). Next is voice acting and yes it is bad ass. But it does take longer then it does just to skim over quest text and then go kill the 10 rabbits. That adds time that a lot of people might not be accounting for in the 'rush to 50'. Another thing I know that took me some getting used to was travel time. That is right no more flying over the top of everything and landing on the ending point and until level 25 you don't even have a mount (have credits ready for that at 25 too!). So it is all on foot. This makes things take a lot longer then people are used too. So yeah if your the type to RUSH as fast as you can to 50 then you will feel slowed for sure. At least your first time though when your still getting the ropes. Or at least I can understand how some people would feel that way coming from other MMO's.

But just going though the planets themselves and the RP experience of the single player / straight leveling experience is simply amazing. To have all of these people questing about on completely different (or the same if class is the same) stories yet interacting completely in harmony with the world is amazing. Plus how they have the on the fly 2-3 man 'flashpoint' style of 'heroic group quests' that make grouping fun and natural throughout the leveling experience as well. Although they are optional they often are how you will meet new players and learn to play as a group since you hit a few of these before you see your first FP at times unless you look ahead and know when and where etc.

But the things I really found amazing? (All my opinion fyi)

The arcade style flight game that looks pretty amazing and plays really simply. Makes me wonder how much damage I can do to that space station when I have my ship rigged out. I have done what I can with this so far but it seems like its pretty limited until later levels when you can really upgrade your ship with much more powerful items. I do plan to keep working on her. But what turns me upside down about this is that it is in an MMO. Finally some live on the fly action at your finger tips. Curious to see where this can expand into as well.

Flashpoints are freaking amazing as well. They are so much more fast paced -- the line always seems to move forward. People that tank just seem to be getting it. People that heal just seem to be getting it. DPS is coming right along as well. With how tanking and healing work in this game either roll feels totally 'holed' in just standing around in one spot pushing buttons. They get to move and fight in the battle as well. In fact I have done some boss encounters where if done right you almost need NO healing minus a few spot shots on the tank because everyone played that violin oh so nicely and on other fights tanking and healing can be VERY demanding and even an early introduction to very soft DPS race style of encounters balanced around resources. Over all FP's give me a feel of real action and not just netting a bunch of whales and blasting them down with 16 inch naval guns at point blank range for hours on end while dodging the falling whale flesh and fat to collect loot at the end. Don't get me wrong it has its 'don't stand in the bad' and 'pick up the adds' moments but its less snap mechanic and more of a battlefield adjustment sort of feel. I hope this continues as I progress to the later levels because this is my first time though the game.

PVP. So far I love how they are making PVP into much more a game of 'us vs them sport' then a 'clash at the middle road' style of game. It seems to drive players towards the directives much more clearly. We have to score a ball for example to win. You can pass the ball, run, whatever. But if you die it resets. Or you have to defend doors from attackers. Several doors they hit the objective and it flips best time wins. But it force spawns you in the right spots when you die to keep the action in the right spots. To keep the game more about 'us vs them' and not people not knowing wtf to do. You just get tossed into it again more or less. It makes pugging much more enjoyable because you aren't stuck with those 5 people just killing people pointlessly on the other side of the map while your main base falls for a full game. Another thing I REALLY love about the PVP experience in this game so far is the environment is important. It gives LoS. It also can hurt you. Yeah that fighter engine your standing next to can fire up or the floor can shoot fire out of it. A bridge can be raise and lowered. You can be thrown off the edge to your death. Also be careful how you jump out of certain spots. One final note about PVP with this game is they don't hold back on giving you a big tool set quickly so don't feel bad about some low level PVP because it isn't just spamming 11121112 anymore. You will have interrupts, self heals, damage, the whole package at a pretty early level making it fun. I say all of this as someone that isn't much of a PVP type of guy -- but casually it seems to open up much more cleanly and with a punch then comparative PVP.

So what can I say. I love this game. lol. <3

Me

Maybe too much "RP", I mean, reading and talking to NPCs than actually doing quests? Just a thought.

But this striked me: game officially launches tomorrow and there are people at lvl 30+ (and probably some at 40+). So within FEW days after official game start they will be max level. I wonder what will they do next? Another toon? At that speed they will max ALL possible classes within few months.

Kinda bad score for a new MMO...

I felt the same way. I got in on the very first wave of emails day 1, and I'm currently lvl 27. Seeing guildies who got in the 2nd day creeping ahead of me, but it's probably because they have a bit more free time than I(a lot are on vacations for the holidays, or planned for the game to have time off).

The story is so entertaining, I don't even mind if I slow down. I'm having a blast morphing my character how I like, and haven't had this much fun since I made my first toon on WoW and got lost in UC for 3 days til a friend showed me how to get back out.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

My Sith Assassin has about 17 hours of play time, and is sitting at level 26.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 12:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lordzed83 View Post
    im doing pvp leveling + crafting at once..... around 2 days online and level 30. When im in queue for bg i do quests as they go. Not fastest way but got 3 crew skills to 270 alrd. Takes all gold you get tho.
    Indeed it does. Spent about 100k credits already

Deleted
    Slightly OT but i find it interesting that a number of people assume that when you hit 50 the game is somehow over. Have you not played an MMORPG before?

10+ Year Old Account
    No it is not too slow, its pretty fast if you know how to play. I am level 40 right now considering I only played hardcore the first day (1-25 in the first day, 25-33 the next). It is fine as it is. Space combat gives nice XP boosts and so those PvP when doing dailies.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 12:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    Slightly OT but i find it interesting that a number of people assume that when you hit 50 the game is somehow over. Have you not played an MMORPG before?
    These people are called close minded morons.
    -K

Deleted
    Really, where is the problem? Enjoy the game, it is amazing. Don't care which level lyou are. If it will take you 2-3 weeks longer till 50 that isn't a bad thing.

Lean back and enjoy the quests and your toon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alver View Post
    Really, where is the problem? Enjoy the game, it is amazing. Don't care which level lyou are. If it will take you 2-3 weeks longer till 50 that isn't a bad thing.

Lean back and enjoy the quests and your toon.
    +1

this game is not wow where all the best experience is at the top levels ( raiding ), in swtor its a thrill all the way to max level no need to rush.

I got access on the third day and I'm now lvl 36 - Sith Warrior. I Spacebar through all the non-class quests (making sure I'm only choosing dark answers when applicable), and I only listen/watch a few of the class quests. I finish a planet before moving onto the next and I send my companions while I'm out - I never sit in town waiting for them to finish. I only visit the cities or fleet for quick access to the GTN, otherwise I'm always out. I also haven't run a single flashpoint. I skip all heroics if no one is around - I don't wait for people, especially considering there are only ever 5-20 people on the same planet as I am (yes, I'm on a full server with queues). Just ahead of the leveling curve at the moment.

I'm almost sure some people are just making their problems up. In my opinion as long as you're enjoying the process of leveling, you shouldn't mind. Play at your own pace, don't look at others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neostigma
    He be climbin in yo windows burning yo people up
    so y'all need to hide ya kids, hide ya wife, and husbands coz he's burnin' everybody out there!
    Veru, player formerly known as Meliann.

I've got 2 words for you. Ship battles.
    You can gain alot of xp early on by running these every day. Do your dailies! Do your pvp dailies too.

As others have stated, enjoy the game hitting max level this early in the game won't be a good thing as far as I can tell

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    the story lines are engaging and immersive, and they make you want to keep playing way longer than you should
    That is your "problem". You have a choice, either enjoy the story lines, or level quickly. People that skip all the hard work that was put into the voice acting are going to save themselves a pretty significant amount of time over people that want to immerse themselves in the story. I don't see anything wrong with either method of leveling, but those that skip the quest stories are simply going to level faster.

I know those that played in the Beta have already seen the same story lines dozens of times and also know where to go to complete the quests so I'm sure they are leveling faster than others who were not in the Beta or didn't play as much in the Beta. Knowing exactly where to go and what to do to complete quests cuts a significant portion of time off from your journey to max level.

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 10:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RadmaKanow View Post
    So within FEW days after official game start they will be max level. I wonder what will they do next? Another toon? At that speed they will max ALL possible classes within few months.
    For many MMO fans the game actually STARTS when you hit max level. That's when you can take on the end game raids and bosses and when you can start honing your PvP skills once all your character's abilities are available. Leveling is simply a chore that must be completed to get to where the game becomes tolerable (not saying this is how I feel, simply how some people view MMOs).

If you think the only thing for someone to do at max level is start over with a new toon then I don't think you have any business posting on these forums. Go play the game and then come back after you hit max level and you'll realize how ignorant your post sounds.

There's no need to rush. Play the game at your own pace.