Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    You're the first one to get my point haha!

I'm not saying it's gay per se. Just that it's extremely awkward considering we don't really ever do stuff like that and are not really sentimental with each other at all. We pretty much troll and are clowns and give people shit for doing stuff like this. I know he'd really appreciate the game but I won't see him until like next year and the phone call after he receives it would be kinda awkward. If it was in person I'd toss it in his face and punch him thereby making the situation a lot less awkward.

It's not about being gay. It's moreso about it being awkward because we don't usually do stuff like that and neither does anyone else really around here. The gift coming via post on Christmas morning makes it that much more awkward.
    Just tell him thanks for being a bro, and have fun with the game. Keep it short and simple, and be honest. It doesn't have to be awkward unless you let it get awkward :P

I used to buy my guy friends candy for christmas, and they did the same (Might explain the extra weight x_x), but really we'd just give each other our gifts, say thanks, merry christmas, and then act like usual.
    Last edited by Brettshock; 2011-12-19 at 06:39 AM.

Deleted
    It shouldn't be weird, but in a way it kinda is. I can't really see me and my closest guy pals buying eachother something material as a christmas gift.

Though I could see us agreeing to pitch in to do something, as a collective thing. Though we'd do that any time of the year, not just christmas.

I'm not saying it's gay per se. Just that it's extremely awkward considering we don't really ever do stuff like that and are not really sentimental with each other at all. We pretty much troll and are clowns and give people shit for doing stuff like this. I know he'd really appreciate the game but I won't see him until like next year and the phone call after he receives it would be kinda awkward. If it was in person I'd toss it in his face and punch him thereby making the situation a lot less awkward.

It's not about being gay. It's moreso about it being awkward because we don't usually do stuff like that and neither does anyone else really around here. The gift coming via post on Christmas morning makes it that much more awkward.
    "Dude this game is awesome, check it out, merry Christmas!" /brofist

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about buying my best friend a game for Christmas but idk......

Not so sure about the whole 'dude buying another dude a present' thing. Thoughts?
    Not at all. Unless you buy him something awkward.

I use "If you wouldn't give something like it to your mother (unless it's a gag gift) don't give it to your friend" as a goto rule.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Wrap it up in some toilet paper and duct tape, then chuck it at his head like a boomerang - 'HERE ASSFACE!'
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

If I had the cash I'd probably get something for 1 friend of mine. We just help each other a lot with whatever we might need help with and I feel like lately he's been doing a lot for me. However, I am watching his dog for him so he can go home for a few days for Christmas, so we might be able to call it even there.

I don't know but feeling insecure about one's sexuality because of a present sounds like a case that needs some professional help.

ain't nothin' about best buds exchanging gifts.. For my best bros xmas gift, i went over there, and watched his daughter while him and his woman went for a night out.
    The world is a deaf machine.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The only "bad" thing about it would be your bro probably feeling bad for getting ur present since he didnt get you anything, really :P

Bros before hoes and all that. Nothing wrong with some xmas bromance gift-giving.

Naw man, buy your bro a gift.

Sorry but...grow up. I'm not one for flaming and all that cool stuff, but there is nothing remotely awkward about caring for a buddy and wanting to give them a gift...

Just as long as you dont do this:

I think so. It would be pretty weird if i received a gift from one of my guy friend for christmas. I would just be like umm... thanks.

I don't see why it would be weird at all.
    I get my friends shirts all the time for their birthdays or when I go off-island and see something I bet they would like.
    There's nothing "homo" about getting your friend a gift, well... if there is, I haven't found it yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

Not so sure about the whole 'dude buying another dude a present' thing. Thoughts?
    nah, I always buy my friend a bottle of Maker's Mark or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Indecision View Post
    The ignorance of the youth is amusing.

Why on earth would it be weird? That's just...insane.
    Its not the ignorance of the youth, its the Society creates the system that encourages consumerism and discourages actual important knowledge.

Deleted
    If you have know eachother for long, ofcourse its not. If its only been a year since you have been friends I personally wouldn't feel good about getting presents from another dude.

But just give him the present without to much "special stuff" like wrapping etc...just give it to him and say like in the post above "Happy Xmas man".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skatblast View Post
    I think so. It would be pretty weird if i received a gift from one of my guy friend for christmas. I would just be like umm... thanks.
    Yeah, that's the way I looked at it. If he bought me a present I would be happy and all...but it would be kinda strange and out of the ordinary tbh.

I won't get him it for Christmas and brand it as a "gift".

I'll just go to Gamestop with him sometime and if he talks about any game he wants then I'll just buy it for him. He's probably paid for stuff way more times than I have lol. We'll be in the store anyway like we already do sometimes so it won't be awkward.

Thanks for all the answers and LOL at that video Defengar!

Nothing weird about it, personally I don't do it though.

Get him Hello Kitty Universe and anal beads, wrap them up together in Victoria's Secret wrapping paper, spritz it with Bod Body Spray, and when he opens it, throw around glitter screaming "WE'RE GOING TO HAVE SO MUCH FUN TOGETHER TONIGHT, YYEAAAHHHH!!".