Thread: Sopa

Sopa

Hey.

Not sure if there are threads about this already. Glanced through the first several pages and saw nothing. If there is, then please mods feel free to lock this and please provide a link to the actual thread in your lock post.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/wtf-is-sopa/17336

I don't understand the situation 100% so i wont pretend to know everything, but simply put there is a bill that may be going through in America that looks somewhat scary for internet users. It's TotalBiscuit doing that particular video if you like him. And if you don't, please take a look at it anyway.

Please at least listen to the first few minutes of the video.

Edit : Not sure if this is the right forum, and if not then please move it to the correct one.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

theres nothing on the page.

Eh? I just clicked the link again to test it and there is definately a video on it.

If it still does not work, google 'WTF is SOPA ZDnet totalbiscuit' and the first result should be the same page as the link.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

working now, was saying blog didn't exist.

Odd.

As long as it's working now though.

this is horrible
    Asrock Extreme 6 Rev B3 | Core i5-2500k@4.6ghz | 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance | Corsair HX1050W | Intel SSD 510 120gb | 5TB storage space | Gigabyte GTX 580 SLI

Deleted
    Here is the petition for anyone wanting to sign it http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_int...fiEYqbb&pv=170

Even if your not in the US (like me) you can sign the petition to help show the US congress that the world as a whole does not want this bill to be passed. Remember that it would also see sites like this one shut down so it's really important people raise their voice against it. If your in the US you can get in touch with your representative and express your opinion on the bill.

I'd also ask for everyone to take that petition link and send it to everyone you know and ask them to sign it as it will effect all the world and not just the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the people not bothering to read the page:
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gridalien View Post
    Remember that it would also see sites like this one shut down
    This needs extra emphasis. Folks, if you aren't totally sure about this bill, or what it could do, put quite simply, your beloved mmo-champion.com would be no more, quite simply. So if you like this great website, SIGN THAT PETITION!!!

This bill truly sickens me and it bothers me even more that I am a voting citizen of the very country that is supposed to be so free and yet is taking everyone's rights away, one by one, including even affecting people in other nations. If you don't think this bill will affect you, well, as Totalbiscuit so eloquently put it, yes it will. mmo-champion, youtube, facebook, sites like these and MANY more will be shut down, and not just for American users, but everyone else as well.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water