Healing Comparison

I am reaching out to the community for constructive criticism on one of our Resto Druids. Below is a link to CompareBot. There is a huge difference in the use of HoT's and I was hoping experienced players could share their thoughts and opinions so that I can help them improve their play style.

http://raidbots.com/comparebot/4eef5...0002e4#healing
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Worshaw doesn't seem to use any of his spells nearly as often as he should. He has rather low LB uptime and very low Harmony uptime, doesn't seem to keep many of his HoTs rolling, and only used ToL and Innervate once during the fight. Pretty much, he seems to either be half-assing it, or doesn't realize that he can maximize CD usage to afford himself the luxury of pumping out a lot more heals than he currently is without having to worry about going OOM.

I would say his best bet would be to read through the Resto guide here and preferably actually talk with an experienced Resto Druid about heal styles.

Not particularly relevant to the comparison, but I'm not seeing any Regrowth usage at all... I thought it was worth using at least once per minute just for Nature's Grace? Personally I choose Regrowth over HT for CC proc for the HoT in case I need to Swiftmend it, but that's a preference I suppose.

But yeah, LB uptime seems quite low. It needs to be on the tank nearly 100% of the time, especially on Zon'ozz where there's only one tank and no movement. It's not just for the healing it does - it's a major mana regen mechanic as well especially with 2pc T12. I'm also seeing lower Swiftmend usage for Worshaw (which also results in lower Efflorescence healing). It's possible that the overall damage taken was lower for the 2nd raid (and you can only heal as much as damage taken), but since it was a wipe I guess that's not the case.

Yup, I use HT for CC procs if it's a fight where NS+HT is useful (Hagara, Spine, Madness) but otherwise it's RG.

I will almost always take RG over HT as it is more consistent in it's healing, and generally heals more than HT (if you include the HoT and the living seed that is almost guaranteed to proc from it). It also proccs Nature's Grace, and is a second quicker to cast. Basically everything about it makes it my go-to direct heal when SM is on CD or if I'll be needing to chain the two (Regrowth into a Swiftmend is a beautiful thing).

That said, I don't use ether all that much, and I do use both situationally.

My first suggestion to him would be to get his lifebloom as close two 100% uptime as possible. It is the single most important spell in our arsenal right now, not only because it heals an absolutely absurd amount for the tank, but it's is also how we manage our mana. It gives the group Replenishment, it's the only spell that procs our clearcasting, and it procs revitalize. The amount of mana this gives over the course of a fight is crucial.

For Zon'ozz,he should be using WG on CD and targeting all his swiftmends to make the most of efflorescence. Outside of that, keep LB up 100% of the time, regrowth the tank (or whoever is low) for clearcasting. When damage is low, nourish the tank (refreshes lifebloom and keeps our mastery, Harmony, proceed).

Both of these druids could stand to improve their play style, since they both have really poor Harmony uptime.

The harmony uptime is not THAT bad but could be better on a fight like that, but the lifebloom uptime is poor and he does not seem to be using rejuv enough or other abilities on short cooldowns.