Page 1 of 2
LastLast

*Final(Shadow)* 4pc t12 or 2pc t12 and 2pc 13?

I have searched through every single thread and have seen various contradictions regarding 4pc t12 and 2pc t12+2pc t13. Is there a point where the two set bonus outweighs the 4pc t12? I personally loved the 4pc t12 bonus and think it was dead on for shadow but I like doing DPS more than any bonus that ever existed. I am a horrible theory-crafter so do any of you geniuses out there have any ACTUAL NUMBERS behind your statements regarding which tier is best to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilee25 View Post
    Tier 11 2p - adds 150pp
    Tier 11 4p - adds 70pp
    Tier 12 2p - adds 288pp, increases Crit by .03pp
    Tier 12 4p - adds 170pp
    Tier 13 2p - adds 170pp
    Tier 13 4p - adds 194pp, increases Mastery by .05pp
    Took me like 10 seconds to find it. Reading stickies is hard I guess. But 4 pc t12 and 2 pc t13 have the same dps gain, so as long as you arnt losing stats from going to t13 its going to be a gain most likely. People really need to remember that 4 pc t12 got a really big nerf.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I will go with chest shoulders T12(391)-Head pants(397) and the hands from Dw till full t13 heroic

15+ Year Old Account
    2t13 gives the added benefit of not spelling instant death a lot of the time =D

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Took me like 10 seconds to find it. Reading stickies is hard I guess. But 4 pc t12 and 2 pc t13 have the same dps gain, so as long as you arnt losing stats from going to t13 its going to be a gain most likely. People really need to remember that 4 pc t12 got a really big nerf.
    I think I wasn't 100% as descriptive as I should be. I had seen these numbers too but was more interested regarding HM combinations and when it's viable to break HM t12 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    I think I wasn't 100% as descriptive as I should be. I had seen these numbers too but was more interested regarding HM combinations and when it's viable to break HM t12 4pc.
    It would only be viable to break HM t12 4pc if you are switching to higher ilvl t13 gear (which is what Drye covered in the "unless you aren't losing stats" part of what he said). The increase in int and possibly other stats depending on the slot you are looking at would make the t13 better, but probably not worth getting the LFR ones. Also.... if you are finding you have to hold off sw: d on fights during execute to keep from killing yourself, you should get the t13 2pc regardless...

Thanks for the quick reply Arlee!

I tried both, I still feel more comfortable with the 4piece for now and im rocking the 397 2 pieces in my bags. Might just all be in my head too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It would only be viable to break HM t12 4pc if you are switching to higher ilvl t13 gear (which is what Drye covered in the "unless you aren't losing stats" part of what he said). The increase in int and possibly other stats depending on the slot you are looking at would make the t13 better, but probably not worth getting the LFR ones. Also.... if you are finding you have to hold off sw: d on fights during execute to keep from killing yourself, you should get the t13 2pc regardless...
    I dont think there is a fight in DS 25m hc where u can use SWD to tell u the truth ( under 25%) maybe Yor'sahj the Unsleeping + SWD under 25% hit like a truck for me tier13 2set bonus is a must

I only say if because some people say they have no issues with their health and sw: d. Personally I don't really understand how but it's possible so I give allowances on it

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    I dont think there is a fight in DS 25m hc where u can use SWD to tell u the truth ( under 25%) maybe Yor'sahj the Unsleeping + SWD under 25% hit like a truck for me tier13 2set bonus is a must
    Even in a lot of the normal mode fights it's testing fate to double tap. It's even more necessary in heroic modes imo. The less stress you can put on your healers the better. So many of the heroic modes have ridiculous healing requirements, why force them to use extra mana healing you when you can avoid it?

From my experience, going from Heroic level t12 -> LFR t13 was a dps loss, even with 2pc + 2pc, but the gain of being able to use SW and not die is immense. I was getting 200k~ SW crits on Zon'ozz which normally would have killed me but with the t13 2pc I was able to ignore.

Going from Heroic t12 -> 4pc t13 is a dps gain and should be done.

If your in normal t12, LFR gear will be a dps gain.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish there was a dummy to really test out the SWD fun.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Get some friends and get the boss dummy under 25%. Used to do this a lot when they first came out.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Happy this thread was near the top, didn't take me long to find what I needed.

Priest in our group is running 2pc 378 t12, and just got 4pc t13 this week (two from LFR, two normal mode). Trying to get him to equip at least 2pc t13 but he said hes losing such an enormous amount of haste he's not sure if its worth it.
    Top 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    Happy this thread was near the top, didn't take me long to find what I needed.

Priest in our group is running 2pc 378 t12, and just got 4pc t13 this week (two from LFR, two normal mode). Trying to get him to equip at least 2pc t13 but he said hes losing such an enormous amount of haste he's not sure if its worth it.
    If u progress in heroic 2set bonus is a must tell him that if he care about the guild progress he will swich them

We aren't doing heroic modes, and probably wont until mid Jan.
    Top 100.

Even if you aren't doing heroics, unless your healers are overgeared for the content (unlikely) he really should be equiping to get the t13 2pc.

15+ Year Old Account
    If he's only using 378 he should definitely - without question - use the 397 pieces, and very probably the 384 pieces as well. I still believe that after the massive nerf to Tier 12 the set bonus is Still better than the tier 13 bonuses, and if he were in 391 I would be saying something very different, but there is no excuse for ignoring two 19 item level upgrades with generally better itemization and gemming (Massive int increase) for the 2pc tier 12 bonus, if it breaks his 2pc tier 12 to use the 397 tier 13 then he should use 4pc tier 13 without even bothering to do the math. He can also reforge to haste if its really an issue, but haste is not even our best stat by a long shot - int is king, anything else is treason, punishable by death.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    You can use the dummies at the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown, they lose health but never die.