Semi-sad European<

Hi,

Are their any other European users waiting to play this game without a 'early-play-time' key disappointed that the Maintenance is scheduled for 11pm GMT (19th December) and ending at roughly 4am tomorrow on the 20th? I for one was looking forward to staying up all night playing it till 7.30 am when I have to leave for work Not that I'm saying that I think Europeans should get priority over US/Oceanic players but I would have liked to of seen separate maintenance times if only for a one off time at the launch.

Perhaps I am just impatient and the majority of users feel the exact opposite. I realise I will most likely get to play it when I get home from work around 5pm tomorrow like most people in the EU but as I said I would have liked to have been given the opportunity to play it for at least a few hours at the launch time.

Links to the scheduelled maintanence times for SW:TOR can be found here http://www.swtor.com/blog/scheduled-...nd-december-22

A direct quote from the above link...

"Maintenance Window #2:

Date: Evening of December 19th (CST)

Time: 6PM CST (4PM PST/7PM EST/12AM GMT/1AM CET)

All game servers and SWTOR.com will be offline during this period. This maintenance is expected to complete before 11PM CST, and will mark the end of Early Game Access for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.
    "
    "This World Will Burn"

the game launches at 6am CET so

10+ Year Old Account
    No not really because for them to be able to release the game for EU in line with NA they are bringing servers down at 4pm today which is eating up my EA time. So no, I don't feel bad for you at all.

Edit: its a playful tone btw

Yes, which is total bollocks for normal people who actually have jobs. It's fine for people who are unemployed / slackers (or if your one of those people doing one of dozens of pointless university degrees) but everyone else gets screwed over until late afternoon.

edit: my main point was that it would have been awesome if for a one time only thing they could have done separate maintenances for EU and the US.
    Last edited by Arcánía; 2011-12-19 at 09:45 PM.
    "This World Will Burn"

Deleted
    It's just a matter of thinking really. Try put it in a more positive way:
    ¤ Get a good night sleep, you will be rested for work
    ¤ Since you get a good night sleep you will have plenty of energy to play all you like tomorrow

So, put yourself into bed bro, tomorrow is another day =)

Deleted
    yea sucks balls, i tried to log and found the message, guess my playing at midnight is out of the window

I'm glad i'm unemployed...get up at 4.45 tomorrow and get ready to play all day....assuming there are not massive queues ...got the game this evening installed it and got my account up and running so all i need to do is log.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    I'm glad i'm unemployed...
    Are you actually serious when you say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Spac3Rat View Post
    Wouldn't you be if you had money enough to get by?

pardon my rage, but i dont fucking get it.

WoW servers were up right at the fucking midnight. I was at the store during midnight launch, i came home, installed the shizzle, logged in and played on a laggy server. Laggy, but nevertheless, i was in and exploring dumb shit like quests, new areas, create my char, make a name etc etc.

Now, i see this from two point of views:
    1) Having maintenance during Early Access period would make ppl rage because they got less than 5 days.
    2) Having maintenance AT THE FREAKING LAUNCH makes people mad, because most people assosiate 20th december as 20th 00:01. The moment the clock strikes 00:00 from 19th to 20th, the servers should be up and running. This included the new servers they were talking about.

Honestly? I would go for #1, because they can hide behind the "up to 5 days"-clause. Going for #2 just makes people pissed off and makes people miss out on 6 hours of game time.

Im on vacation at the moment, so i was all psyched as i usually am at the midnight launchings. Imagine the faceplant into concrete floor this maintenance gave me (and probably many many others).

Edit: and also, what is UP with not being able to post on their forums even though i redeemed my game at 13th?

What pisses me off, just to put the cherry on the cake, is that a friend of mine is playing his Early Access thing right now, and they were supposed to take down the servers for maintenance at 11:00, an hour before midnight. If they are not performing that maintenance, why am i not in then?

"No active subscription is active on this account". Well, thank you.
    Last edited by Aran; 2011-12-19 at 11:32 PM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3010461094

Zellviren of Invective of Killrogg: I salute you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aran View Post
    Edit: and also, what is UP with not being able to post on their forums even though i redeemed my game at 13th?

What pisses me off, just to put the cherry on the cake, is that a friend of mine is playing his Early Access thing right now, and they were supposed to take down the servers for maintenance at 11:00, an hour before midnight. If they are not performing that maintenance, why am i not in then?

"No active subscription is active on this account". Well, thank you.

This slightly annoyed me also. I wanted to make a brief, non-derogatory post on the forums highlighting why in my opinion this maintenance was scheduled at an ill conceived time and the fact that they would not let me argue constructively this point on their forums is stupid. I Even no less than 10 hours ago subscribed to 6 months of playtime in anticipation of the launch and the intention of allowing this game to become a main hobby. All I wanted was to summarise a constructive critical argument why this decision adversely affected me and other Europeans with similar time constraints. Also being a semi-hardcore gamer and an ex-raider of a highly competitive WoW guild I have regularly attended many, many launches and stayed up till late in the night on launch days. Past experiences doing this have been positive and I was sincerely looking forward to doing this during SW:TOR's launch.

I think this was a poor decision to schedule the maintenance at this time all for the sake of allowing a few people to play the game early near enough up to the start of the day in which the product is going to be sold. I understand allowing a small amount of people to 'test' the game as a sort of 'soft-opening' is a smart move but in my opinion it is not necessarily essential to do this right up until the very hour before the launch date. In conclusion a briefer but more efficient soft-opening would have solved the current issue.
    Last edited by Arcánía; 2011-12-20 at 12:05 AM.
    "This World Will Burn"

Quote Originally Posted by Arcánía View Post
    Yes, which is total bollocks for normal people who actually have jobs. It's fine for people who are unemployed / slackers (or if your one of those people doing one of dozens of pointless university degrees) but everyone else gets screwed over until late afternoon.

edit: my main point was that it would have been awesome if for a one time only thing they could have done separate maintenances for EU and the US.
    Insult people you don't know more for no reason. It'll get people to agree with you.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    You ppl are so sad realy. most of you nagg that you lost 5-7h play time!!! Are you guys for real? You will play this game for many days, Weeks, months manybe years and you nag about some shit 5-7h??

IF it was soooo damn importend that you play why did you not get a pre-order? If you say I did not know that game was good. Well F- you realy your bad.

Now go to bed so you can play when the servers are back up. AND BE HAPPY THAT YOU CAN PLAY AT ALL!!!!!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Wouldn't you be if you had money enough to get by?
    If you have enough money to get by you're not unemployed, you're semi-retired :-)

I can't see anything wrong with it, if anything the Euros have it better. Here on the east coast the servers just went down at 7pm and won't be up till midnight. People who aren't fortunate to have jobs that take the week off don't have the luxary of staying up that late.

Quote Originally Posted by Vantheus View Post
    If you have enough money to get by you're not unemployed, you're semi-retired :-)
    All depends tbh, I could work for periods and make high amounts of money to take months of living of that money, it's all about how you prioritize, if you value free time and not a lot of fancy stuff you don't need to work a lot to get by tbh.

Deleted
    12PM GMT*

And no Im not disappoint. I should be sleeping now, and wake up well after the servers are up. Im glad they started doing maintenance on decent hours tbh. Being a european Im trying to understand, but I just cant get how people can be so upset over this lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    What difference does it make? Assuming you have a job, then in the US you'll be able to play maybe a couple of hours before you have to go to bed. EU could get up a couple of hours early if you wanted to. A lot of QQ over nothing (as usual)

Quote Originally Posted by Spac3Rat View Post
    I have been unemployed for 18 months now, and I can say its been the best 18 months of my life since college. I am very good at saving money, so I am still getting by. Yeah, it sucks that I cant eat steak as much anymore, or buy some expensive toy, but that irritation doesn't compare to the hell on earth that is office jobs. rolling out of bed whenever you want and playing computer games is awesome... 18 months has felt like 18 days. I cant do this forever but I wish I could. As long as its on my savings and not your support its fine.
    Last edited by Cruor; 2011-12-20 at 01:23 AM.