obtaining tier gear in LFR - effective strategy?

for a warlock, (pally, priest, warlock) tier pc

would it be an effective strategy to only participate in LFRs when there are a very low amount of warlocks, pally, and priests. just quitting any group that has a lot of these classes?

does LFR arrange classes so there are more even amounts in each run? or does LFR just take the first available?

Deleted
    Given that I joined an LFR with 12 paladins and 6 shaman the other day, I'd say it's pretty random and just takes whatever it can.

I was on my resto druid in an LFR that had 1 healing priest and 5 resto druids. It was lolz central.

conq is by far the most common class in lfr in my experience. LFR seems to cap at 50% on one token though - the queue times for my prot / vanq alts are less than my conq chars - both as dps.

For the time being, I queue with a few guild alts, and anyone I can bribe from trade to roll on my stuff too. One last token, and a trinket to go.

If you're wanting to increase your chances of winning a roll then yes, having fewer people to roll against would be the way to go about it if possible. I didn't worry about it on my lock and mage and I still have 4 piece from LFR on both of them, but I've been extremely lucky obviously (won 2 tokens with 8 mages in the raid one week). It requires just as much luck to have very few classes to roll against though I suppose, I've never had fewer than 7 people rolling on the same token as me on any of my toons.

wish it'd cap at 50%, had 17 ppl on vanq tier on my druid the other day (I quit the group and requeued later)

My rogue rolled against 14 other ppl and still won 3 tier items. Lucky I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    conq is by far the most common class in lfr in my experience. LFR seems to cap at 50% on one token though - the queue times for my prot / vanq alts are less than my conq chars - both as dps.

For the time being, I queue with a few guild alts, and anyone I can bribe from trade to roll on my stuff too. One last token, and a trinket to go.
    Interesting how we've seen difference. I only run lfr on two characters but i've never seen less than 14 people on the vanq token.

queue check the group leave if the chances of getting the items are low, repeat until u get right group, or queue with friends

i went into the first half of a LFR on my warr not expecting much, came out with his 2p bonus :<
    and just did the same on my mage, now only if red gems didnt cost arms and legs.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

First Wednesday of LFR , I got 3 pieces of Tier for my druid, when the entire raid had a insane amount of druids, dks, mages and rogues XD I felt so lucky :P

Deleted
    I wouldn't leave unless there are like 10-12+ of your token. I mean people leave after first boss, second boss etc, and new people joins.

For example yesterday on my warrior we were 3 protectors, after first boss we were 6 and after second 9.

10+ Year Old Account
    First available.
    I did an LFR yesterday with 2 ranged dps, both mages. No hunters, warlocks, s priests etc.

Deleted
    I was in a group made up of (I shit you not) 6 Dks, 7 Druids, and 4 mages. Plus me as a Dk tank. And I still won almost every piece of gear. Even offset gear.

I was only lock with 2 pallys and 3 priests and 5 people rolled on 2x leg tier.

And i lost both.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with queuing until you get an acceptable number of competitors, is that you may spend hours requeuing and never finding it. On a related note, I was one of only 3 str dps out of 25. Thought I had a pretty good chance. Gurthalak dropped and the warrior tank won the roll. It's all RNG.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatgrinder View Post
    I was in a group made up of (I shit you not) 6 Dks, 7 Druids, and 4 mages. Plus me as a Dk tank. And I still won almost every piece of gear. Even offset gear.
    How did you win offset gear when the DPS DK's would have had +100 roll bonus?

Unless you mean you rolled on and won several identical tier tokens, in which case you're a dick.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I would say no for the simple reason that the LFR loot system is quickly ranking one of the most broken things in the game, and believe me there's heavy competition for that. The LFR, by defition, is always 25 man and the odds are really low that you will ever get such a favorable group to your class that you would ever truly increase your odds of winning a specific roll. The sheer fact that, no matter what spec people play, unless it has red text indicating that they cannot use it they will roll for it, regardless whether it is an upgrade or even remotely usable to them.

Healers will roll for dps pieces, DPS will roll on tanking gear, and it is just a huge mess. Sure there are some restraints place but it is still really gimped.

You can win os if ms greeds/passes and he did say "almost".

10+ Year Old Account
    the best way, how to obtain whatever you want in LFR, is to join LFR raid and do nothing, just let other people carry you and roll on the loot you want ... and if you were bad enough, you get your puprplez ... I am not even trolling ... after runnning LFR with my main and 3 alts getting nothing, while topping DPS/heal meters, after that I run LFR with my 4th and 5th alt with crappy gear and very poor ability to effectively play these classes (sub rogue and spriest) and I won almost anything I wanted ... worse raid performance means higher LFR roll ... I have no doubt about it
    "Ubi sementem feceris, ita mettes."