Hi everyone,

I understand from past interviews with the Bioware dev team, that Republic and Empire players can talk to each other via the sort of close-range /say commands (apologies, using WoW terms here, hope you know what I mean..). But not via any of the global chat channels.

How is this working out so far? Are there many opportunities in the game world for characters from both factions to mingle and communicate, in a sort of neutral "town" area? Or even out in the wide-open questing zones? It seems like this system could potentially lead to some really neat RP.

And have you encountered any abuse or griefing of this system, with spamming of derogatory text from one side to the other? I'm mainly thinking of the sort of thing you see in Warcraft pvp from time to time, with players bypassing the language barrier with all sorts of incredibly witty and intelligent banter (not really) such as "hA hA anaL TIME". I was just thinking that if players didn't even have to figure out how to translate Orcish to Common, then this would be even more widespread?

Appreciate any feedback on this topic. (( Oceanic player, so won't be playing for a couple more months, ))