Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Worst customer support I've ever experienced.

    About a week ago, My SWTOR account was locked due to me forgetting one of my security questions, Yes I am aware that I should have remembered and that it IS my fault. But regardless of that, Bioware SHOULD have a better method around this because it WILL be a common problem. Wednesday night, I spent 3 hours sitting in a queue for customer support, which might I add was an international call, I wasted a load of my money and time trying to get through to customer support. I decided to email them, two days later, a reply came. Saying that the issue was now fixed, But of course that didn't happen. I replied again, saying it wasn't fixed, they now say that they need a photocopy of my drivers license to verify my identity. So I send them in a photocopy of my drivers license and they reply yet again, saying that the account is now unlocked and the security questions are reset, no such luck AGAIN. I reply yet again, saying that if the issue is not fixed before launch that I want a full refund because the lack of customer service is blatantly rediculous. They now reply saying that it can't be done through email, and that I need to call customer support, So i spend another 3 hours in the queue that night, drain all my credit yet again, and get no result.

    All I can say is, Bioware, you are utterly pathetic.

  2. #2
    Wrong time, wrong questions, wrong vagina. I had the same problem, I called them, and they asked for my address then gave me the answers to the security questions. Don't forget they are key sensitive.

  3. #3
    Brewmaster Roxinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrious View Post
    About a week ago, My SWTOR account was locked due to me forgetting one of my security questions, Yes I am aware that I should have remembered and that it IS my fault. But regardless of that, Bioware SHOULD have a better method around this because it WILL be a common problem. Wednesday night, I spent 3 hours sitting in a queue for customer support, which might I add was an international call, I wasted a load of my money and time trying to get through to customer support. I decided to email them, two days later, a reply came. Saying that the issue was now fixed, But of course that didn't happen. I replied again, saying it wasn't fixed, they now say that they need a photocopy of my drivers license to verify my identity. So I send them in a photocopy of my drivers license and they reply yet again, saying that the account is now unlocked and the security questions are reset, no such luck AGAIN. I reply yet again, saying that if the issue is not fixed before launch that I want a full refund because the lack of customer service is blatantly rediculous. They now reply saying that it can't be done through email, and that I need to call customer support, So i spend another 3 hours in the queue that night, drain all my credit yet again, and get no result.

    All I can say is, Bioware, you are utterly pathetic.
    just so you know you arent the only person in the world having a issue with the game and btw its really bad that you forgot theanswers to your questions maybe idk you could have written them down they arent going to just drop everything they are doing to go to the back of a line to help you you have to wait like everyone else so please stop crying

  4. #4
    Dreadlord legdIm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    797
    At the end of the day, it's your responsibility to choose a security question that you're not going to forget. If need be, write it down on a piece of paper and hide it somewhere secure enough that only you will ever find it. As for customer support supposedly being 'terrible' I think you'll find that the support team are doing their best. It's impossible to have a large enough team to swiftly deal with every issue during the early stages of a game's launch.

  5. #5
    Herald of the Titans Oneirophobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Summoner's Rift, feeding Darius. >:D
    Posts
    2,759
    Maybe you should try games from EA? I heard their customer support is phenomenal.

    INFRACTED! For uhm... Idk, I'll read the ToS later, I'm sure I'll find something in there I can stretch to cover whatever it is I don't like about you.

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Conzar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    366
    Or maybe picked security questions that you do know the answers to, that are facts and wouldn't change (mother's maiden name, first school and so on) rather than ones that might (favourite movie). There was a massive list to choose from.

  7. #7
    really? we just had one of these yesterday. how hard is it to freaking remember security questions, wow.

  8. #8
    So its their fault that you forgot your security code, and that they take security precautions not only through online verification, but through phone calls as well so no one can just call and spoof your identity. >_>

    Sounds legit.


    You believe that you deserve instant customer service and so do the other million players. Hold your horses and take some responsibility.

  9. #9
    I really can't feel any sympathy for the problem described in the OP. Comcast and DTE still have the worst customer service I've ever encountered. I have a hard time believing SWTOR will be any worse than Blizzard (which is pretty terrible).

  10. #10
    blizzards customer service actually pretty good if you're not an idiot. guessing your experience was shitty because you acted like a twat and they decided to follow suit. i've had to deal with blizzard CS on the phone plenty of times and never had any great issue aside from a 30-40 minute wait time if they happen to be overloaded with calls. same story from friends/family that play blizzard games.

    and gj with reading comprehension folks, he said in his post he's aware it's his fault. doesn't excuse the fact that it takes days to get something like this done when it should take one 10 minute phone call (plus however long you sit on hold of course, because that's bound to happen with any company) that should be toll free.

    truly secure questions/answers/passwords are not incredibly easy to remember, and even if you have them written down it's still quite possible through no great mistakes of your own that they get misplaced. this is precisely one of the reasons customer support teams exist, and if his post is actually a true telling of the experience, it's a pretty abysmal one.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrious View Post
    About a week ago, My SWTOR account was locked due to me forgetting one of my security questions, Yes I am aware that I should have remembered and that it IS my fault. But regardless of that, Bioware SHOULD have a better method around this because it WILL be a common problem. Wednesday night, I spent 3 hours sitting in a queue for customer support, which might I add was an international call, I wasted a load of my money and time trying to get through to customer support. I decided to email them, two days later, a reply came. Saying that the issue was now fixed, But of course that didn't happen. I replied again, saying it wasn't fixed, they now say that they need a photocopy of my drivers license to verify my identity. So I send them in a photocopy of my drivers license and they reply yet again, saying that the account is now unlocked and the security questions are reset, no such luck AGAIN. I reply yet again, saying that if the issue is not fixed before launch that I want a full refund because the lack of customer service is blatantly rediculous. They now reply saying that it can't be done through email, and that I need to call customer support, So i spend another 3 hours in the queue that night, drain all my credit yet again, and get no result.

    All I can say is, Bioware, you are utterly pathetic.
    Odd, I got locked out, sent them an email, and got back in under 2 hours...

    I smell a troll.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime - Silver Hunter -
    Lv40 (Firefall) All Battleframes
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  12. #12
    I am having a hard time believing that the Bioware customer support guys messed up unlocking your account twice, however, you do realize that they are launching the game this week and are probably getting thousands of calls every hour. Of course you are going to have phone backup.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Maybe you should try games from EA? I heard their customer support is phenomenal.
    sarcasm? I've never recieved any proper service from EA either. Come to think of it... no games company have ever delivered proper customer support if you ask me. Yes, i think Blizzard is extremely slow to act, but they are efficient when they act, though.
    The biggest mistake one can make, is not admitting when you're wrong.

  14. #14
    Pandaren Monk willtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrious View Post
    About a week ago, My SWTOR account was locked due to me forgetting one of my security questions, Yes I am aware that I should have remembered and that it IS my fault. But regardless of that, Bioware SHOULD have a better method around this because it WILL be a common problem. Wednesday night, I spent 3 hours sitting in a queue for customer support, which might I add was an international call, I wasted a load of my money and time trying to get through to customer support. I decided to email them, two days later, a reply came. Saying that the issue was now fixed, But of course that didn't happen. I replied again, saying it wasn't fixed, they now say that they need a photocopy of my drivers license to verify my identity. So I send them in a photocopy of my drivers license and they reply yet again, saying that the account is now unlocked and the security questions are reset, no such luck AGAIN. I reply yet again, saying that if the issue is not fixed before launch that I want a full refund because the lack of customer service is blatantly rediculous. They now reply saying that it can't be done through email, and that I need to call customer support, So i spend another 3 hours in the queue that night, drain all my credit yet again, and get no result.

    All I can say is, Bioware, you are utterly pathetic.
    1) you forgot your own security questions, you're an idiot.

    2) Skype.

    3)They are insanely busy at the moment

    4) You'll be thankful about the over zealous security when you aren't hacked.


    Tbh, if you had remembered your SQ/A you could of avoided all of this. And you can reset your lockout by resetting your password.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  15. #15
    IF YOU WANT TO ALWAYS REMEMBER ANSWERS TO SECURITY QUESTIONS:

    What is your favorite dog?
    A:favorite
    What was the name of your first teacher?
    A:first
    What is the name of your best friend?
    A:best


    Super easy

  16. #16
    Is this the same guy as yesterday?

  17. #17
    Epic! Helden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,526
    You can reset your lockout by resetting your password through the "I forgot my password" feature.

    I had this earlier on, got locked out, didn't remember one of my secret questions right, my own fault, spent about 15 minutes scrolling through the Customer Support Forums, found people with a workaround, and sorted it out myself.

    The workaround I used if anyones interested, and it'll only work if you were using mozilla when your entered your questions to set them up, is to download an extension called Form History Control, using that you can search back through everything your browser has logged (quite scary tbh the amount that it saves), simply search swtor after you've built up the history, and they'll be labeled Secret_Question_Answer 1,2,3,etc.

  18. #18
    Herald of the Titans Ravenblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany - Thuringia
    Posts
    2,705
    Get KeePass 2, learn how to use it, remember one single password and have all your informations stored away safely. There is a version for it for almost every platform.

    You are not the only person who forgets a security-related password, in fact the fear of forgetting it is the reason why many people reuse the same simple password everywhere but don't blame customer service if they want to make sure that it's really you and not someone who also happened to hack your email account.

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Roxinius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    I really can't feel any sympathy for the problem described in the OP. Comcast and DTE still have the worst customer service I've ever encountered. I have a hard time believing SWTOR will be any worse than Blizzard (which is pretty terrible).
    try verizon for their dls bunch of idiots there from india

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxinius View Post
    try verizon for their dls bunch of idiots there from india
    It's India with comcast too. Before I knew what a dns server was I was having trouble with my internet and called and was told I needed to give it some time for the bandwidth to "build up" instead of telling me their dns servers sucked.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •