Deleted

Cool New monitors - old setup

I'm in a little hard position, I really feel like getting a new incredible setup, as I am getting a little tired of my old one - it's a few years old.

Here is my old build:
    Club3D GeForce GTX 275 1792 MB PCI-Express 2.0, GDDR3, 2xDVI, TV-out
    Optiarc / NEC DVD-burner AD-7200A-0B IDE Dual layer, black bulk
    Western Digital 1TB Black 3,5", SATA 32MB Cache, Dual Processor, 7200RPM
    ASUS P5Q3, P45, Socket-775, ATX, DDR3 GbLAN, Firewire, 2xPCI-Ex(2.0)16
    APLUS CS-188AF, ATX, Black w/o PSU Side 250mm fan
    Corsair TWIN3X 1600MHz DDR3, 6GB, DHX+ Kit w/3x 2GB XMS3 modules, CL8-8-8-24
    D-Link DWA-547 Trådløst PCI, 802.11n 802.11b/g/n, Rangebooster
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz Socket775 6MB, BOXED m/fan 1333Mhz CPU
    OCZ StealthXStream PSU 600W 20/24pin ATX/BTX/PCI Express/SATA

I get around, but as I said eventually everyone just really feel like getting a new I looked around and got exited about some different parts I put together for a new awesome build going up tipping over $5k (including monitors), but I have realized it would be really silly to go out and spend this much right now when the new GPU's are just around the corner, as well as the new CPU's (hopefully soon anyways).

I have (almost) decided that it would be best to wait, and so I am really interested in getting a few of the items, that I should be able to bring over to the new build I would get after these new comes out. One thing is hard-drives, I know it's a bad time to buy them right now, but I am in really need of it so that'll just have to do. The other thing I wanted to start out with is the monitors, my only concern is if my current GPU will be able to handle it until I get my new build.

I am planning on getting 2 of these: Acer GD235HZbid Widescreen 23.6" 3D LCD Display

I don't think I will be running them "as one screen", game on one then have other applications on the other, so not that much load on both monitors at the same time. Will my current GPU be sufficient for a while? (I am mostly concerned about them being 120Hz as I guess this can draw a lot of processing power?)

Thanks for any help!

Deleted
    5000 dollars, what the hell? You shouldn't even be breaching 1500 dollars on the computer itself without going almost stupid on the component choice (e.g. spending hundreds for a single percentage performance gain).

Save for Ivy Bridge, a minor update only thats 4 months away, theres nothing important that'll release on the CPU market anytime soon.

Deleted
    Yeah i know going over 1500 - 2000 starts to give pretty bad bang for buck, and you might think I am some spoiled brat getting what I want - but fact is I have been working really hard and would like to give myself a present, and making a crazy setup like that will be pretty awesome for me. I need something in turn for having 2 jobs, one full time and working 50 - 60% in my own "company", becoming 14 - 15 hours a day on average including weekends.

Enough about that, yes I will wait with the main components till the new ones comes out, but I am very curious if my current setup will be able to handle those 2 monitors - I know ofc I won't be able to run max on the latest games, but I was hoping for a mediocre quality that I could live with meanwhile, or would it then be better to stay with my current single 60Hz 1080p monitor until I get the rest of the components? I would be very happy if I could get 2 monitors asap though :-)

Edit:
    Also know that this is prices when bought in EU, and so it would probably be a little over 4k in US since newegg and so on are usually pretty cheap compared to over here.
    Last edited by mmoc4d24f4263b; 2011-12-20 at 06:31 AM.