Thread: [TV] Homeland

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[TV] Homeland

I was surprised I couldn't find an existing thread on this series.

Anyway, it finaled today and omg was it the most disappointing letdown you could imagine. It practically undermined the whole season.

Granted, I really liked the build-up and plot so far. Sure it took its time but I appreciated that.

But the finale just kind of ruined it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? I thought the season finale was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't Know if it is a spoiler but anyways *SPOILERS*

I would have liked that he would have blown up the whole place including the Vice President and his staff.

I really don't like the portrayal of terrorists in this show thought. They are almost all Muslims, would be cool if they add some other people there. Still wondering who the traitor on the US side is.

Deleted
    Yeah, if you knew it had been renewed for a second season it was a given that the event which it was building up to wasn't going to happen. I thought the finale had some really good performances in it and while it wasn't the best episode of the season was still a really strong episode. My only complaint, and a small one at that, is the cliffhanger effectively leaves us with an amnesia storyline and the audience will spend the beginning of the second season just waiting on Claire Dane's character to regain her memories. Homeland's story, to me, was always about getting Brody into a position of power and now even the audience wonders just what he is really up to. Is he truly committed to terrorist cause? Or is he just trying to survive in an impossible situation?

I lost interest in this series halfway through, and have been meaning to get back to it. I really love the lead actor from Life, and his wife from Firefly is pretty tasty too... but... I dunno...

Deleted
    Apparently "Homeland" is Obama's favorite show on TV.

I was wondering if he shouted "NOOOOOO" just like everyone else I know when Brody failed to detonate the bomb.

Deleted
    This show hasn't got much coverage in the UK (or anywhere by the sounds of it) but won best TV series at last nights Golden Globes (Claire Danes also won best actress)

Is the show worth the watch?

EDIT: Watched the full season, great show for anybody who liked 24, hope they make a S2
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-01-25 at 01:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reviving this thread again since of the Newest season coming out.

What did you guys think of the ending of Episode 2?

My reaction: OMGWTFBBQLOL?

15+ Year Old Account

[TV] Homeland

People should be watching this show.

Of the Sunday night shows I DVR, this is the one I'm watching first. The acting's great and the story (intelligence agencies, politics, and counter-terrorism) is compelling, if not always realistic.

Sorry, I guess there is a thread on this show, a few pages back. I just hadn't ever seen it on the first page. Feel free to delete this or merge or whatever.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2012-10-22 at 09:17 AM.

Deleted
    I can't believe the lack of interest that MMOC seems to have about this show is the best thing on TV at the moment imo. It's brilliant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Merged to the existing thread. Please check the index before creating new threads. chances are it's there.

I really like this show and watch it every monday through download. But... the pre-emptive programming is starting to get way over the top.
    The anti-islam sentiments are way too much and also the anti-constitution campaign is repulsive.

"Thomas Jefferson was sooo confused, how could he write "All men are equal" from a plantation".

That is just way overdoing it and totally uncalled for. I mean that has no meaning what so ever in the series and it really didnt have to be in there. Its paving the way to get rid of the Constution. Believe it or not.

The finale was absolutely amazing. It's weird when people get annoyed to the extent they dislike the show; even though what they're annoyed with is fictional events.

Fantastic show, showtime is n1 as always.

so far s2 is getting super nuts(omg sundays episode!)
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only seen one episode of S2(the one where Brody needs to hide the guy who knows his identity). I need to start watching this.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    I can't believe the lack of interest that MMOC seems to have about this show is the best thing on TV at the moment imo. It's brilliant.
    I would actually say that 'Boss' (Kelsey Grammar series on Starz) is in the running for this as well, though I don't see it coming back for a third season. Viewer numbers are terribly low for it.

In any case, I do dig Homeland, though I question some of the directions the show has taken, especially recently.

Spoiler alert!

Arresting Brody probably isn't going to help much, especially if they're trying to keep it as some covert operation. The guy gave nothing up in 8 years of torture, so it's unlikely that he'll crack now (in fact, all it's going to really do is reinforce his hatred of the current government).

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 04:15 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    I really like this show and watch it every monday through download. But... the pre-emptive programming is starting to get way over the top.
    The anti-islam sentiments are way too much and also the anti-constitution campaign is repulsive.

"Thomas Jefferson was sooo confused, how could he write "All men are equal" from a plantation".

That is just way overdoing it and totally uncalled for. I mean that has no meaning what so ever in the series and it really didnt have to be in there. Its paving the way to get rid of the Constution. Believe it or not.
    No, I don't believe it, nor do I see how you're jumping to such a conclusion. There is nothing particularly incorrect about what she said. The DoI was, in fact, written by slave owners. The rest of the discussion is two kids talking about homework, essentially.

The anti-Islam sentiments mainly come from Brody's (insanely hot) wife, who would be more than concerned with seeing her PoW husband actually convert to a methodology that tortured him for 8 years.

More spoiler:

If anything, his daughter is quite understanding of what her dad is going through, though you know they're setting the show up that she's going to let some information about that slip to her new boyfriend, and eventually to the VP.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2012-10-23 at 09:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Started watching season 1 last night after seeing this thread. Pretty damn good so far! On episode 2 so I can't say too much really. Glad Morena Baccarin is in it. Something good to look at

Melodrama you may want to use spoiler tags [spoiler] opposed to the white text since you're not actually matching the background so people can actually still read that quite easily even with a glance.

Text inside spoiler tags would look like this

That said homeland is a great show I'm really glad it got picked up for a second season and am hoping it makes it to 3 (it gets a ton of backlash from "patriots" since it doesn't depict America as perfect and you know how some Americans get (not intending to sound bigoted or anything just as a non-American I'd hate to see it cancelled for silly reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Melodrama you may want to use spoiler tags [spoiler] opposed to the white text since you're not actually matching the background so people can actually still read that quite easily even with a glance.
    I learn something new every day... thanks for the tip!