Thread: [TV] Homeland

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like season 5 as much as the other seasons this far. Lots of ridiculous TV computer thingies, weird plot (everyone is a traitor) and too little allahu akbar.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

This season is shaping up so nicely, there is so much tension, you can't predict what's going to happen next. No one is safe, everybody is involved. Maybe it's just my taste, but this season may become the best Homeland season so far.

Anyone else disappointed by this season? It felt like a parody of how the show used to be. Uninteresting characters (Jonas, Düring, the hacker guy, the amateur terrorists, etc), the story being bland and disjointed, a terrible finale (almost as bad as the one from last year). It's like the writers had no idea what to do with this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Anyone else disappointed by this season? It felt like a parody of how the show used to be. Uninteresting characters (Jonas, Düring, the hacker guy, the amateur terrorists, etc), the story being bland and disjointed, a terrible finale (almost as bad as the one from last year). It's like the writers had no idea what to do with this season.

I felt the opposite. I thought this season added different layers of "humanity" to its characters instead of making them all either action-heros or collateral damage.

the finale especially, I thought that was some "heroic" sacrifice. its all well and good to *say* you'd give up your life for others, but when it comes down to it, would you personally turn against your family and sacrifice your life to save total strangers ? That's a pretty hard choice, and I think this season helped illustrate the difficulties involved in changing who you were to who you want to be

I also don't think its so much a case of "too many traitors" *cough* 24 *cough*, but that everyone is an individual... and sometimes that means making a choice that "their group" won't like.

10+ Year Old Account
    i struggled with my feelings after the finale. After an entire season of quinn getting the shit kicked out of him for him to end up like that was a bit gut twisty.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post

I thought it was okay. Still think the previous one is the best of the series imho.

For me this was the best season of Homeland, and the ending was perfect, I just hope it's the series finale...I mean, how many times will Carrie quit and then come back and save the day? If Quinn's letter wasn't motivation enough to quit, I don't know what is.

Quinn is still alive. And Season 6 is approved.

Wait. How has this not been commented on so far this season ?

What a mind!@#$ of a finale.

What the. Was this the finale? Of the series? I'm confused.

Damn Carrie, DAAAMN!

Save it all, sacrifice everything you love, for that. Just. So depressing. Too depressing god damn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't sure whether I was feeling this season at first, thought it had become the Dar Adal show, but boy did that take a dark turn. Great season but...Quinn Reminiscent of Brody's fate. A character we grew to love being chewed up and spit out. Fuck.
    Last edited by Daws001; 2017-04-11 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    I wasn't sure whether I was feeling this season at first, thought it had become the Dar Adal show, but boy did that take a dark turn. Great season but...Quinn Reminiscent of Brody's fate. A character we grew to love being chewed up and spit out. Fuck.
    chewed up, spit out, then his memory spit on by the president he saved.

heck, this season even managed to spit on brody's sacrifice too. was a pretty rough season to watch at times.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nooooooo Quinn!!

What a season...I just hope it wasn't the end of the series because that would leave a really bad taste.

PS. Was King Eckbert playing Sean Spicer?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed season 6 quite a bit.

Hated seeing Quinn die but seeing him go out heroically softened the blow. Great character in general imo. I'll miss seeing him in the rest of the show.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    PS. Was King Eckbert playing Sean Spicer?
    Indeed it was. Almost looked like he did back in his Law & Order days.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought season 6 was fantastic, loved seeing it focus more on the covert intelligence shit that goes on behind closed doors and less focus on the usual "errmegerd Terrrirsts". As usual Claire Danes and Mandy Patinkin were superb, as was Rupert Friend. REALLY sad to see Quinn go, but if he HAD to go out, I'm glad it was as a hero and that Dar and his bitches didn't get the chance to drag him through the mud.

The big question though... That ending?

Is Keane a dupe, or an evil mastermind? Is she being controlled by her cabinet who are feeding her bad info, leading to these arrests... Or has she been playing Carrie this whole time and was just waiting to get into power so she could put all this into play. I get the feeling it's the latter, and next season will be Carrie working against her, trying to clear at least Saul's name and get all this nonsense cleared up.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30