Thread: [TV] Homeland

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Finale was good.
    I couldn't disagree more.

That played out far more like a series finale than just a season one, and it just came across as completely limp-wristed. So what's next, do they think people are going to tune in next season to watch the Carrie and Quinn show? Pass. All interesting story dynamics have officially left the building.
    Last edited by melodramocracy; 2013-12-15 at 05:01 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I couldn't disagree more.

That played out far more like a series finale than just a season one, and it just came across as completely limp-wristed. So what's next, do they think people are going to tune in next season to watch the Carrie and Quinn show? Pass. All interesting story dynamics have officially left the building.
    I agree that it was more of a series finale than a season finale, but on a whole I think the content was good and I have faith that they will pull [I]something[/I] out of the bag for next season.

The dialogue with Saul could be a possible hint of him going back to the Agency, so I guess we'll have to see how that works out.

I personally think Carrie is going to go on some sort of vendetta. Being posted in Istanbul at least places her in the region for potential retribution.

I'll definitely give the next season a chance.

ya it definitely played out like a series finale so i have no idea how the next season is gonna be but given how good the show has been this entire time, its definitely worth waiting to see if the next season is good. being in the CIA business kinda means when they wrap up 1 big story arc, they can start a new 1 just as exciting and big.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the finale was amazing. One of the best moments of television I've ever seen.

Danes was amazing and kept making me cry (when she told her family that she was just so sad and broke down..../wrists). And the hanging scene...omg. Seriously, just...wow. And I had this feeling of dread leading up to it like, they're really going to frakin' kill him, there's not going to be a last minute save for Brody. It was just heartbreaking. When she put his star up at the end...seriously. Just great writing, acting, directing all around. Amazing finale and it sets up an unknown, what happens now? feeling for the next season. Some people don't like that but I love it. I'm also a fan of Quinn so I hope they beef up his role.

One of the best shows ever.

Deleted
    Yea good finale, Quinns a badass the show would have benefited more from him and his morality. Now hopefully we won't have to see any more of Brodys bullshit family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Yea good finale, Quinns a badass the show would have benefited more from him and his morality. Now hopefully we won't have to see any more of Brodys bullshit family.
    Well the daughter + wife (ex?) Are not going to be in next season, only appear for special appearances

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the_fallen View Post
    Don't Know if it is a spoiler but anyways *SPOILERS*

I would have liked that he would have blown up the whole place including the Vice President and his staff.

I really don't like the portrayal of terrorists in this show thought. They are almost all Muslims, would be cool if they add some other people there. Still wondering who the traitor on the US side is.
    Well in the case of Brody, he becomes Muslim, and that was used as a tool for relief, so to speak. Watch Damian Lewis' interview with Jonathan Ross, and he speaks of how he didn't want to be portrayed as a bad Muslim.

Back on track, I thoroughly enjoyed the finale-it was emotional, tense and tied some threads together. It felt more like a series finale, because so many stories ended, and other people resolved issues, and there was hope for the future. The titular star was a nice touch. I just don't know where they'll take the story when it returns next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Apparently "Homeland" is Obama's favorite show on TV.

I was wondering if he shouted "NOOOOOO" just like everyone else I know when Brody failed to detonate the bomb.
    I wonder if he cheered when Brody and Nazir helped to kill Walden (who looks like Mitt Romney).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    They should have had the balls to end brody's storline in season 1. The finale seemed more like a final wrap up and season 4 will be a reboot, new story, new players.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    I thought the finale was amazing. One of the best moments of television I've ever seen.

Danes was amazing and kept making me cry (when she told her family that she was just so sad and broke down..../wrists). And the hanging scene...omg. Seriously, just...wow. And I had this feeling of dread leading up to it like, they're really going to frakin' kill him, there's not going to be a last minute save for Brody. It was just heartbreaking. When she put his star up at the end...seriously. Just great writing, acting, directing all around. Amazing finale and it sets up an unknown, what happens now? feeling for the next season. Some people don't like that but I love it. I'm also a fan of Quinn so I hope they beef up his role.

One of the best shows ever.
    It was obvious that he was going to die the moment he agreed to do this mission. Especially with Javadi playing a part in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Still, even if you ignore the that, the hijab is a serious safety concern.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    So what? If I got to decide I'd take Stalin's path regarding religion.

I literally cried at the end of the final episode...

I stumbled upon Homeland this time around last year, and haven't regretted it for a second. The whole constant feeling of climax, suspense, tension and thriller kept me going, and I really think the series should end here to be honest, since I can't see what S4 will be about.

A great ending to a great series, what Mass Effect 3 should have been, and, on a sidenote, the "Leaving Earth" track from ME3 was featured in the ending of one of the S3 episodes, think 10 or 11.

The second half of Season 3 was top-notch, especially liked the parts played out abroad and the drama surrounding it.

If you haven't watched Homeland yet, I recommend getting all 3 seasons, and watching them in turn in a marathon, and keep an eye out for details, however minor, because all of those tend to lead up to a climax, though I must admit there are some plotholes and things that were either ignored or never cleared up, which makes me think those clues will continue on in S4, such as the talk of a mole within the CIA, which was never adressed in S3.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianoz View Post
    such as the talk of a mole within the CIA, which was never adressed in S3.
    i thought that was the israeli agent they caught dating saul's wife ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    i thought that was the israeli agent they caught dating saul's wife ?
    Not sure, but still doesn't explain for example who slipped the razor to Brody's bodyguard

Quote Originally Posted by Adrianoz View Post
    Not sure, but still doesn't explain for example who slipped the razor to Brody's bodyguard
    don't remember that ? what were the circumstances/location ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So, 4 episodes into season 4, thoughts so far?

Personally I thought the first 2 episodes were slow, but the relationship between the US, ISI and possibly a third party is very intriguing.

Although I think I'm done with Carrie, her character is starting to become annoying, especially in the latest episode.

I'm watching solely for Quinn now. Guy carries the show at this point.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Ok todays episode was nuts, I never expected that end.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

yeah... i kind of felt it when carrie gasped. he really seemed so innocent. such an emotional ending. im definitely interested in seeing what happens to dennis boyd and what's going on with john redmond.

well that was intense... i hope saul and carrie are alright. i know that is a pretty crazy hope after what happened. a door opened before all of the suv's were hit though, so... who knows. at least don't let this be the last season!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nolliepop View Post
    well that was intense... i hope saul and carrie are alright. i know that is a pretty crazy hope after what happened. a door opened before all of the suv's were hit though, so... who knows. at least don't let this be the last season!
    IDD, that episode was brilliant. Hopefully we get some Quinn hype next ep. Time to see him in action again, and hope he doesn't die.

This season had a slow-ish start but the past 3 episodes have been top notch amazing