Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    For the empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellomourn View Post
    Literally the same reason. When I found out you could do Sith Pureblood Inquisitor, I was so fucking down. Not even funny lol.
    It's really too bad Malgus KO'd Vindicus, he seemed pretty badass.

I really don't see appeal in Empire. They aren't as cool-looking as Warhammer's Destro, they aren't as morally ambiguous as horde, they are just Dark Evil Johnny McEvil, flat as a paper. At least Republic isn't presented as goody-good, there's widespread corruption, abuse of power, all the shady stuff in the dark corners.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

People roll Empire cause they think they are all evil and cool.

People reroll Republic because they realise the Empire's evilness is more being completely emo all the time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that interests me on republic side is the smuggler, not interested in a good guy forceuser or a generic soldier.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I'm 42 and have yet to see an empire player...
    Lol in open world iv only seen 1 republic player, a jedi knight who was unfortunate enough to get caught in my inquisitors path on alderaan. *electrocute, and then i proeeded with the rapeage, poor fellow never stood a chance*

I took a break from my BH to make a JK...and I just didnt like the story telling as much. I agree that our minds are locked into the story we have seen in all the movies, and with the other side, it has an air of mystery.

Although I am going to roll a Dark Side JK.
    Gold selling site spam is an important part of our eco system.

You see, there are currently to many puppies and kittens on this world.
    Every time a Goldseller spams his advertisement on the mmo-champion site, a puppy dies.
    Every time you ignore these threads and don't report them, a kitten dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    People roll Empire cause they think they are all evil and cool.

People reroll Republic because they realise the Empire's evilness is more being completely emo all the time.
    I think a lot of people look at the Empire the way we look at the Horde in WoW. While the Horde is a collective of misunderstood outcasts, the Empire is pretty damn straight up evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Styxz View Post
    I think a lot of people look at the Empire the way we look at the Horde in WoW. While the Horde is a collective of misunderstood outcasts, the Empire is pretty damn straight up evil.
    The Horde has depth. A lot of people will argue with you on "misunderstood outcasts", but that's the whole point - there IS actually something to argue about. Empire is just a one-dimensional "evil empire" stereotype, it's boring.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I myself have a problem with Republic JK/JC's going darkside. Just the thought of their skills and abilities are still BAM WAVE OF WHITE AND BLUE LIGHT, LIGHT LIGHT AND MORE LIGHT LIGHTSIDE EFFECTS MOAR LIGHT and the only darkside appearances that actually change is their face even if you're %100 darkside, from what I've seen.

Otherwise, if our abilities actually changed color, I'd roll Republic in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    The Horde has depth. A lot of people will argue with you on "misunderstood outcasts", but that's the whole point - there IS actually something to argue about. Empire is just a one-dimensional "evil empire" stereotype, it's boring.
    Definitely the Empire itself, but your character definitely doesn't have to be. Hell, BH are completely unattached from the Empire, I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of Light Side options with him.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Yeah that's pretty much what I'm saying. The Horde has a more endearing story, but the Empire or jerks >.< There's no real reason to sympathize with their plight. Empire honestly reminds me of North Korea >.<

Quote Originally Posted by eylieen View Post
    i wanted to go empire, simply because i've always favored the not-goody-goody side, but our guild's poll ended up with us playing republic. all the wimpy jedi crap gets really boring really quickly, to the point where i take every single chance to do/say the wrong thing, just so i don't sound like a tosser. i can certainly see the appeal in the empire, being an irritating self-righteous know-it-all can only be fun for so long..
    Not surprising you play Horde. That's a pretty meat headed mentality imo.

Try to be gentile.. but ummmm, Republic = Jedi right? (and Empire = Sith)

Maybe its me being in my 30's, but I would have expected more players to choose the light side by default.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prank View Post
    Its all the kids rolling empire... Republic look WAY more badass
    And booring.
    Also, mainly kids preordered the game. Yeah.
    LoL
    Also, if i might point out, people have the right to roll whatever they want, being a sith sorcerer running around electryfiyng everyone for dark points dosent mean he is like that IRL, its just a game
    Last edited by mmocd3750dc86d; 2011-12-20 at 05:41 AM.

I really wanted to go jedi consular, but pebbles vs force lightning...... lightning wins hands down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    I suspected prior to early start that the Empire would outnumber Republic on most servers. I didn't think, however, the numbers would be as skewed as they are on so many servers, mine included. On PvP servers, the average ratio of Empire: Republic is 2.1:1. On PvE servers, Empire outnumbers Republic by an average of about 25%. Objective data has been mined by taugrim and can be reviewed on his blog (taugrim dot com), but anecdotally, I'm sure most of the early access folks can attest to the massive imbalance (the honest ones will anyhow).

That said, please join us in the Republic, especially if you have any PvP experience. Warzones, although they have been instant queue pops on my server, have been miserable (in before the "you're just bad" spam -- I almost always place #1 on damage, and I'm often top 3-4 heals as well and play the objectives well).

So come on, for the sake of balance...join us in the Republic!
    ***In a Princess Leia voice --- Help us release day crowd, you're our only hope!
    People fall to the Empire sometimes out of loyalty but mostly out of fear, fear of the Dark side of the Force!
    In this intergalactic war, who wouldn't want to be on the winning side

Inquisitors have Force Lightning!

But I will be rolling a trooper for sure. Those big ass guns they have! Nuff said!

Deleted
    The Republic are the Horde of SWTOR, more mature and better at PVP.

And a plus-size (setting 4) female force-sensitive Miraluka is just the sexiest thing.

I woulda gone Republic but everyone I know is Empire