Page 1 of 22
... LastLast

Things I wish I knew...

So just about Level 30 on my first char - Sith Assassin thought I'd start a thread of things I wish I knew from the beginning to help out the incoming players at launch. Could be fun, I'll start.

-You can have your companions craft or run mission simultaneously, and the mats can be in your cargo hold, not just your inventory.

Your turn.
    Who's got two thumbs and is awesome? This guy!!!

Don't click things labelled "Mysterious" ;P

Only one person has to be present to turn in most group quests. Once they do, you get an option to 'holocall' and appear at the dialogue as a hologram. You can still make choices; however, you will be exempt from choices that perform physical actions.

Gear your companions well, trust me, it's worth the investment for levelling.

Deleted
    Camera zoom by default is not set to maximum distance. It can be increased in the settings

The first flashpoint needs 2 players with their companions and tends to be easier like this

Don't go overboard levelling crew skills(professions) before you have your mount. Otherwise you won't be able to afford the 48k credit cost at level 25. The exception being slicing which makes money directly(as opposed to needing to find out which craftables sell well on AH)

Any class can rez a dead person in their party when you right click on them (out of combat of course)

Mind = blown when someone in my group told me that.

15+ Year Old Account
    don't be a twi'lek if you like wearing hoods.

At the end a Flashpoint, you can exit the area by clicking the "Exit Area" button above the mini-map. True story, bro. Don't be stuck in an instance for 20 minutes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamota View Post
    Gear your companions well, trust me, it's worth the investment for levelling.
    This. So many times this. Kaliyo was getting folded on Taris, then i realized all her gear was between 17 and 25 lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can buy Starship upgrades before even getting your Starship... Had I known that I wouldn't have done the 1st mission 8 billion times with out completing it.

If you get a BoE with that shiny orange color crystal in it, taking it out will make both the crystal and the item bound to you without warning.

What Reverse Engineering acctually was used for. All those things I crafted and just sold to a vendor...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xamota View Post
    and the mats can be in your cargo hold, not just your inventory.

Your turn.
    2nd character to level 18 and I never knew this!

- Character names can include 2 apostrophes, 1 dash and there is a 15 character limit. - Bioware DO NOT offer any name change services unless you're breaking the naming policy. No paid service and sending a ticket to a GM won't help. Not even the punctuation can be corrected. (Hence my 2nd character lol)
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-01-06 at 12:40 PM.

Everyone has an ability in their "spellbook" general tab called EMERGENCY FLEET PASS.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    Everyone has an ability in their "spellbook" general tab called EMERGENCY FLEET PASS.
    For good heavens sake. I knew I had it but I didn't care to read what it did.

As soon as you get your ship, get all the upgrades you can and do all the missions asap, you should complete all of all of them, and the xp is good.
    If you PvP before 20, enough to get at least a thousand commendations, get pvp gear from the fleet, its that good.
    Take you time with your first character and learn how the map functions work, e.g. it can save a lot of time if there is a GTN kiosk, and you traveled to a different planet to find one.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hitting Space bar in a Space Mission does a barrel roll. >_<

-As a smuggler/IA you can press Shift + F to always deploy your cover where you are at and not roll to anything nearby. (EXTREMELY usefuly for bosses)

-There is a companion customization vendor (for all of them) on Balmorra which you can access the moment you get your ship. (republic)

You can enable an option that allows you to compare gear not only to your own, but to that of your active companion's when you hover over the item.

You get sprint at level 14. zomg, so much love for sprint!

Slicing can earn you a great deal of credits while leveling, and it doesn't require using the AH or any other timesinks. Even if you drop it at 50, it's worth using to gain a lot of credits early on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    What Reverse Engineering acctually was used for. All those things I crafted and just sold to a vendor...
    So many times this.