Swtor and my laptop.

Hey guys, i do a lot of traveling and as a result i find myself playing a lot of world of warcraft on my laptop.

I guess what i wanted to know is if my laptop will be able to handle swtor at the very lowest setting available.

In world of warcraft i can play medium graphics at around 25 fps, but i figured i may as well give you guys the spec too.

Hehe, and feel free to make fun of the laptop

Specs:

Processor: Dual core t4500 at 2.4 ghz

3 GB of ram

windows 7 home

Some type of integrated graphics system but i cant recall it.

Not to worried about smooth pvp or pve at this point, getting a desktop in February.

Basically wanted to know if i would be able to play this at low settings (lowest everything shadows etc) at around 15-20 fpsish.

Thanks guys!

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 02:44 AM ----------

Bumpageeee

Try canirunit.com. Without knowing the graphic card it's hard to say. But if you can play WoW decent on Medium, you'll be able to play SW:TOR on low.

I am having issues playing with 4gb ram win7, 2.4ghz, nvidia 320M. Have all settings on low and shadow off(this made game fps better but still not fast like wow).
    Also my system specs are above minimum specified by swtor game.
    Last edited by gruffi; 2011-12-20 at 03:06 AM.

My laptop is a Gateway FX series gaming laptop. My specs are 2.26 Ghz duo core processor 4 GB ram, Vista 64 bit OS, Nvidia 9800 GTS video card. I have all my settings set on low and have a pretty low frame rate. In the cut scenes, I can get mid 30's fps, but in game play it's in the teens, and high traffics areas I get 7-9 frames. I haven't played in any flashpoints or pvp matches yet so I am not sure how well it will work. I am looking to see if I can upgrade my video card since it isn't integrated. Good luck.

Kaleesie

The way my game play is, fps will become worst in flashpoints or warzones.

I can tell you from experience, dual core processor is going to kill your experience regardless of your GPU. HD6770, 12gb 1333 RAM, Athlon II x2 (3.0ghz). Game on medium is choppy, Low is more manageable but that's 99% gpu.

I bought the card because a TomsHardware article said SWTOR was less about the CPU and more about the GPU. My experiences differ greatly. Drivers for all hardware are up to date (as of 12/13, including rollback attempts). I even flashed my BIOS a few weeks ago to make sure it was absolutely up to date.
    Last edited by Prag; 2011-12-20 at 04:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you guys playing with high res or something? I'm playing on a laptop that can play decently on 1600x900, with an i5-2410M (2.3 GHz 2 core), 4 GB RAM, and integrated graphics card (not sure what it is, its not listed in device manager). Its not breaking land speed records, but its definitely playable.
    Eire - 50 Balance and Kinetic Combat Shadow, Master Zhar Lestin server. Ace guild