Mixing/matching my current comp specs with the recommend Dolphin

I was looking to mix and match some of the Dolphin specs as upgrades to my current computer, but I'm unsure if you are available to do this.

I was wondering if I would be able to do the following: keep means they are in my computer currently, purchase means purchase the recommendation from Dolphin

KEEP nvidia GeForce GTX 460.
    KEEP Rocketfish 500W ATX Power Supply.
    PURCHASE Intel i3-2100 Processor.
    PURCHASE Corsair Air Series A70 Heatsink.
    PURCHASE Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard.
    PURCHASE NZXT GAMMA Classic Case.
    KEEP 4GB DDR3 RAM.
    KEEP 750 GB Hard Drive.
    KEEP DVD Drive.

Is this possible to do? If it is not, what makes it impossible, and is there a fix to that?

*EDIT**
    Replace the i3-2100 Processor with the i5-2500k Processor.
    Replace the Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard with the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard.
    Last edited by Supern3rd; 2011-12-20 at 04:06 AM.

I don't see how investing over 100 dollars in a dual core cpu is a good idea at the moment, with more and more games benefiting from quads.

Wait for the new Ivy Bridge CPUs in March if you aren't in a hurry.

I am in a hurry, to be honest. Which processor would you recommend?

Replace the i3-2100 Processor with the i5-2500k Processor.
    Replace the Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Motherboard with the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Motherboard.

How about now?

Either motherboard will work, but the 2500k will last much longer than the 2100.

But I WILL be able to keep the same Graphics Card, Power Supply, RAM and Hard Drive with a brand new CPU and Motherboard, correct?

Yeah, but that is a low end PSU, so if you do have problems that would be the first place to look.

Awesome. I appreciate it chaud, thanks for your help. I might just give in and purchase the 650W Corsair, only an extra $75.

Also you really do not need that A70 processor heatsink unless you plan to buy a K-model processor and overclocking it. Normal heatsink Intel ships with the non-K models will work perfectly fine unless you happen to live in Florida or Australia or other warm place.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

stock cooler with the i5-2500k is sufficient cooling to 4.0ghz in my experience with that cpu.