Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Confused on purchasing the game?

Well since I am in Australia, my only option right now it to buy it from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Old-...4368617&sr=8-1

The thing is, on the SWTOR website, there is a link to DOWNLOAD the client? And I am downloading it right now, so what does this mean? I can just make an account; put a subscription on and play without paying $59 for it?

What does it mean?

(Also for any aussies out there, EB Games and other retailers have told me on their systems the game is not to be released until ' next year ' so... possible delay...?)

Playing it in Aus right now, have been for a few days. When you purchase it, amazon 'should' send you a code that you can use straight away, but you still have to purchase the physical copy.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Playing it in Aus right now, have been for a few days. When you purchase it, amazon 'should' send you a code that you can use straight away, but you still have to purchase the physical copy.
    Oh ok thanks, so when it says ' DOWNLOAD NOW ' (which i am doing) its basically just me downloading the game through the net rather than using the discs? ( but i STILL have to buy the retail copy, aka: pay 59 dollars?)

You're pretty much buying your game code, not really the discs (although you still get them).

In my example I've been playing since pre-launch but I don't get the discs till end of the month, but amazon sent me my code to activate my account.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    You're pretty much buying your game code, not really the discs (although you still get them).
    Ahhhh okay, that makes much more sense xD thanks lol, ill purchase it off amazon right away then !

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if they're offering free trials for SWTOR? I'd really like to play it before i am tempted to buy it.

Why would they offer a free trial at launch on a game ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by icecruiser View Post
    Well since I am in Australia, my only option right now it to buy it from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Old-...4368617&sr=8-1

The thing is, on the SWTOR website, there is a link to DOWNLOAD the client? And I am downloading it right now, so what does this mean? I can just make an account; put a subscription on and play without paying $59 for it?

What does it mean?

(Also for any aussies out there, EB Games and other retailers have told me on their systems the game is not to be released until ' next year ' so... possible delay...?)
    just means you can download the client but in oder to play it your still going to have to buy a copy of the game

Quote Originally Posted by sharam View Post
    Anyone know if they're offering free trials for SWTOR? I'd really like to play it before i am tempted to buy it.
    prob not for a while, try stay on tipic though

Quote Originally Posted by sharam View Post
    No free trials or buddy passes, at least not yet. Best advice I can give is find a friend who has it and will let you try it on their account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might have to try that and see if a buddy of mine will let me try it. As to the troll Rakash alot of new MMO's do offer free trials for people who might want to play it without buying it, and if they like 90% of the time they buy it.