Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    @foolishness
    In the case of Nef, it was somekind of a exploit that got hotfixed like 1 or 2 days after
    in the case of Nef, there were no exploits involved, the ability worked as it should be, blizzard overlooked the fact that DoT-classes scaled so high with that buff
    => see paragon's using feral druids due to rip. They could have used fire mages or locks instead but they don't bring what druids can, like tranqs, roots.

hence the reason blizzard changed the buff.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    It's like watching a sport, it's like the superbowl being a completely blowout game, it's just stupid.
    Oh wow. So you play in the superbowl?

IF double resets at the end of the old contents for two months gave KIN that much advantages (which is a completely hilarious attempt at bringing their achievement down).. new patch always coming out 1-2 days later than everyone has been a big disadvantage for them since the beginning of WoW. Idk what to say more.

Quote Originally Posted by foolishness View Post
    Ya, they were rooting the adds, right?
    Oo no they didnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Oo no they didnt.
    Right on, must have been speculation or something that with time turned into fact in my head. Regardless, class stacking is nothing new or exploiting game mechanics (soul stoning 15/25 people in your raid). I keep harping on Paragon but I have nothing against them. I just think people are missing the point that WFs will tend to have some bit of controversy attached to them.

fucking amazing! congrats to KIN Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by blgdinger View Post
    best post of this thread lol
    I agree, grats to Kin.

I don't care about the class stacking one way or the other, but concerning Paragon vs Nef, it wasn't an exploit. 5 CP Rip is simply the highest damage per application attack in the game, (or at least it was at the time) that could be used on demand without any kind of setup like arcane blast, or combustion. They used ferals because of the mind control debuff you got. It lead to feral druids doing insane dps on that encounter.

The actual KIN members posted a couple reviews on the encounter.

I'm not going to translate it all but if I may highlight one...

"Madness was easier than the Spine fight, we only took one attempt on the day of kill."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The death of Kim Jung Il granted them strength to kill Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    People so addicted that they're actually angry at Blizzard for WoW getting old >.< Insulting WoW because your tired of it is like hating your dad because he's older than you and not as fun as your friends.

i wonder what all the fuss about. awesome 11th Raggy guild kills DW WF since 4 top guilds got banned... what in the hell is surprising here ?
    let's see if any of those banned guilds will kill it too this reset potentially spending even less time than Kin Raiders... i know that motivation is different but still for me that would be interesting...

it's almost like when Usain Bolt lost his World 100m crown after he was disqualified for a false start... but still everyone knows who is the fastest man on earth :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    Oh wow. So you play in the superbowl?
    Can you read?

It's like watching a sport, it's like the superbowl being a completely blowout game, it's just stupid.

Between them full clearing LFR and reg versions of the raid on about 9 times in addition to the twice weekly raid resets I think these guys deserve the World First kill. However with the twice weekly resets may have halved the amount of time that it would take in the US and EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Between them full clearing LFR and reg versions of the raid on about 9 times in addition to the twice weekly raid resets I think these guys deserve the World First kill. However with the twice weekly resets may have halved the amount of time that it would take in the US and EU.
    As has been said numerous times already in this thread, the double lockouts only applies to earlier raid tiers, and wasn't applied until late October. All they got was 6 extra Firelands lockouts, nothing that had any actual impact on the race. Please stop bringing this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Khavok View Post
    To everyone saying that the resets gave them double the staves, they head 19, 4 of which were from people joining the guild right before 4.3. While paragon had 27 staves, so the double reset did not give them any advantage at all. Paragon's alts were all fully geared out in 4.2 heroic gear, KIN was not ahead of anyone in anything but skill and tactics.
    I am seriously still doubting about that. Not about that Paragon has more staves but that KIN Raiders have some special tactic that Paragon or other guilds can't figure out for days after the WF Spine kill. This game is not THAT complex. I really want to see how they did it.
    And skill, well... let's be honest you really think individual skill really still matters at that level or teamwork for that matter? WoW is really not that hard. Maybe there is a miniscule difference but it's still more about resources and dedication and then who comes up with a good tactic first. Those other guilds are not stupid, not stupid enough to need a week longer to find a tactic that works.

There are now two more Spine kills by Stars and Silent (never heard of Silent). Maybe there is some sort of tactic/trick that the others haven't figured out yet. They better post a video of their Spine kill or maybe they want to see the others sweat a little more ;p.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I am seriously still doubting about that. Not about that Paragon has more staves but that KIN Raiders have some special tactic that Paragon or other guilds can't figure out for days after the WF Spine kill. This game is not THAT complex. I really want to see how they did it.
    And skill, well... let's be honest you really think individual skill really still matters at that level or teamwork for that matter? WoW is really not that hard. Maybe there is a miniscule difference but it's still more about resources and dedication and then who comes up with a good tactic first. Those other guilds are not stupid, not stupid enough to need a week longer to find a tactic that works.

There are now two more Spine kills by Stars and Silent (never heard of Silent). Maybe there is some sort of tactic/trick that the others haven't figured out yet. They better post a video of their Spine kill or maybe they want to see the others sweat a little more ;p.
    They got the staves, but do they have the shamans? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    You're absolutely right. No one could come up with a unique tactic except Paragon. I mean c'mon! They're Finns! Even back in the day (Yogg0) Paragon had the exact same tactic as STARS, but they simply decided to take some time off, because they did not want to be in the spotlight again.

I'm not saying that I'm sure the kill happened without any "creative use of game mechanics" or "exploits". I just think it's kind of biased to imply that there is no possibility of an "unknown" guild coming up with a unique tactic.

EDIT: I apologize in advance for a) my bad English b) just making this about Paragon. I am in no way a hater.
    The Fogelmensch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    All your problems in this game have the easiest of solutions. And they're usually caused by you in the first place. The sooner you see that, the sooner they're all solved.
    Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
    Kosh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    It's been clear from the beginning that V/BL stands no real chance, either Inner Sanctum or Paragon will definitely get the 1st Western kills of both remaining encounters.
    All good raiders in the world reside east of the Atlantic.
    Everyone is east of the Atlantic, if you go far enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Srsly, do you just post crap? Or actually inform yourself before you post?
    About 500 people alone in mmo pointed out that the double reset was only for FL to make them catch up with our ilvl average...

OT: Gratz but next time keep the race on a little longer
    It's no fun to watch this madness
    "Hey we killed spine and the day after tomorrow we will down madness" - KIN Raiders ^^