Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azure P View Post
    If this site is WoW only. Why is there diablo 3 splashed over the front page?
    The funny part is that you can't figure the answer out for yourself. Diablo and Starcraft are made by the same company as WoW, so there's an occasional bit of news about them. And it's nowhere near the amount of coverage they give for WoW.

And since when did a picture and a blurb equal "plastered all over the front page"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Josmm View Post
    Dunno what the goal of people saying that this is a WoW only website, but its been the other way around since a year or so...
    If by the "the other way around" you mean "MMO-C has occasionally put up news about Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 for SEVERAL years now", then yeah. Because they are other Blizzard products. But, again, they don't give Starcraft or Diablo anywhere near the attention they give WoW.

What I wonder is what you think it proves.
    and with the decreased amount of WoW subs, the focus will be different in a few months.
    People have been saying this since the first sign of WoW losing subs. The only thing that's changed is the game they think will overtake WoW.
    Last edited by unholytestament; 2012-01-06 at 10:55 AM.

Deleted
    I personally use http://www.oldrepublic.net, seems the most decent one.

I like Oldrepublic.net and ForceJunkies. They both have good articles and guides. As far as a database goes, when I saw the debut of Torhead I knew who my go-to DB was going to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Josmm View Post
    Dunno what the goal of people saying that this is a WoW only website, but its been the other way around since a year or so... and with the decreased amount of WoW subs, the focus will be different in a few months.
    It is wow centric site, it just is and it will be, because in the network it is a part of they make other resource/info pages for other popular games.
    Wows subs just didn't start dropping, so idk what kinda assurance you have but, until the servers shut down you will only be catching WOW stuff here 99% of the time.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    What's so great about MMO champion is that they only post information about the game that is actually interesting.
    The DarthHater frontpage is full with useless stuff nobody cares about: Podcasts, Facebook track of the day, Collectors Edition unboxing...
    While I haven't seen facebook crap here daily, we do see it some (like this or that to enter a contest). We also see podcasts (just not ones created by the site owners) and CE unboxings. Also loads of other crap.

I do like mmo-c and dislike darthhater, but that comment seemed too off not to reply to. Pretty crappy name for darthhater too. It doesn't really sound like a site that planned to be the go to place for swtor news, so I won't treat it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    And what would you call not reading the topic you just posted in?

MMO-C is a WoW site. It has been said MANY times. No other MMO has been as popular as WoW, and as much as people like to praise SW:TOR it's not there yet.
    You should have read my post first. It's only one sentence. MMO-C is obviously a WoW website, but it can be more than WoW. Wasted opportunity for a competitor to take over.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    That is my personal choice as well. I like the layout and the forums. They aren't biased to either faction and seem to be pretty on top of updates. The forum chatter is a lot slower than what I am used to at MMOC, but overall I like the feel of the community. (read: less trolls and flamers)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostprotocol View Post
    You should have read my post first. It's only one sentence. MMO-C is obviously a WoW website, but it can be more than WoW. Wasted opportunity for a competitor to take over.
    So you responded by simply asking the exact same question again, despite it already being answered in the thread?

Why should it be more than a WoW site? It is pretty much THE WoW site, the go to site for all WoW news, leaks, and conversation. Devoting themselves to multiple things could divide the base, not to mention it would kind of defeat the purpose of Curse having a SW:TOR centric site.

And it sure is shit is not shortsightedness that they have remained WoW-centric, because if they jumped at each and every new MMO they would have had sections for Warhammer, Aion, Rift, DC Universe and several other games because they were popular for a short time and the effort put into covering those would be pretty much wasted since their popularity died out really quick.

It's shortsightedness on the SW:TOR fans' part that they believe Boub and company should fall to their knees and bend to the whims of a game that's not even a month old.

10+ Year Old Account
    There actually IS a TOR version of champ, someone made it. I'll be damned if I can remember the address though lol. I remember finding the link on these forums, and registering and all that. I'll check my computer at home as soon as I actually get there.

EDIT: Rofl, that was hard. http://www.swtor-champion.com/ Although the site has gone through a massive facelift since I was last there...as a matter of fact, it's NOTHING like what it used to be, or maybe I'm going senile >.>
    Last edited by endersblade; 2012-01-07 at 01:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-C gives the current "champion" MMO a bigger spotlight than others.

SWTOR is by no means a champion of anything except for being recently released.

MMO-C has a section for SWTOR.

Your complaints are mislead and misguided.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Please boycott DathHater, the design is so awful.
    While this can possibly be said for the forum, etc, the database they have containing missions (quests), npc's and the like easily is the best out there right now. By far. TORhead is poor in comparison when you want to find information about missions. That said, I guess TORhead's talent calculater is good enough. The forum and such needs a little brushing up, but I am sold on the database itself.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

It would be nice to find a site fully dedicated to the game that gets the same attention WoW gets here.

I just don't think MMOC could ever become "the" Star Wars site because there's too much invested with WoW. But with WoW declining (and mostly due to age and with so many competitors in the field) everyone's getting a piece of the pie now.

There will be a good chunk of the community that will break off from the main site (and not just because they were banned) and that site will reign supreme for Star Wars. Hopefully it will be a well-designed and fairly-moderated site that is a little looser on the controls (this one is a little over-modded with a few (not all) individuals that seem to be overzealous when it comes to handing out infractions).

It will take a good year before the leader emerges.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    MMO-champion is not wow-only website.

There is already huge swtor community here and it constantly grows.

Few month later you will see more swtor news on first page and less wow news
    you'll forgive me if i take a "i'll believe it when i see it" stance on this, since this is litterally only the 9th time i have heard this about: lineage 2, AoC, guild wars, Warhammer Online, FF14, LotRO, AION, RIFT...etc, etc.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    For those who refuse to accept that MMO-C is a pure WoW / Blizzard fansite. here is the explanation.

MMO-Champion was created many years ago for covering mmo games, when it was created, WoW was the biggest mmo and still is.
    Later on it got purchased by Curse to make it their "official" World of Warcraft fansite, with Boubuille on almost free leashes to do what he wants, as long as it covers world of warcraft news.
    this site got a major community, and since many wow players who have started playing other games instead, they still come here because of its community.

Mmo-C was just nice to give other games their own sub-section, and maybe it wasnt that smart of a move, due to people from other games going here to discuss their game instead of the curse sites made for the other games, but thats just my opinion.

And the reason this site is so popular, is because of Boubuille's amazing work, with help of the mods and many of his "inside sources" if we can call it that. SW-tor don't have a guy like him YET. but if it happens that SW-tor get as popular as WoW, someone will step up and be the Boubuille of SWtor :>

That being said, there is nothing stopping anyone of you to go make a fansite, if you think you got what it takes, there is money to make and a lot of fun and long nights (should post a picture of Uncle Sam here)

*Disclaimer: This post have been made without any hard facts don't nuke me with real facts if i'm horribly wrong*

Deleted
    I'm hoping mmo-champ takes more intrest in SWTOR. since I check it daily ;P

Could i suggest massively? you'll have to google the URL as im not allowed to post URLS yet, but they are a great website for overall MMO news. wow kind of excluded, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Faaip View Post
    Could i suggest massively? you'll have to google the URL as im not allowed to post URLS yet, but they are a great website for overall MMO news. wow kind of excluded, actually.
    That's because joystiq has a WoW-exclusive blog and while their news reporting is top notch most of their guides are garbage.

Deleted
    Been said a thousand times, MMO C is a WoW site. It's even in the FAQs http://www.mmo-champion.com/faq.php?...rules_offtopic

Anyhow on topic, there's also tor.zam.com, torhead, (both owned by the same company, so we could expect torheadnews, like they did to wowhead)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    I really like oldrepublic.net myself. I hope they come out on top for popular fansites. The users so far are pretty helpful and friendly. They just need to set up a similar system to darthhater, where they summarise what the devs have been saying across the forums (kinda like Blizz blue posts here or the news that Wowheadnews produces).

As for Torhead, it's not their fault that they lack a lot of what Wowhead has. The game simply makes it hard to gather accurate data. Down the track, I'm sure there will be a lot more information available there, and hopefully more people commenting on their experiences.
    For the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    MMO-champion is not wow-only website.

There is already huge swtor community here and it constantly grows.

Few month later you will see more swtor news on first page and less wow news
    Why on earth would there be less WOW news?
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.