Thread: Queue Question

Deleted

Queue Question

Hey guys

Im sure this is being asked as others must have been as annoyed as me.

I got on the game at the 5AM GMT launch and thought i would pick a standard population server, went for Tomb of freedon nadd EU as i have no idea about servers so went for one i saw mentioned a few times.

Now i logged out and just got back and theres 1hr queues to get through to play?

I wanted to know is there going to be things to address this or do i re roll on a different server and waste my 6 hours played?

Thanks for any advice on what to expect, as i type this im 690th in the queue : l

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomb of freedon nadd is the most heavy populated EU server... you better switch servers before you get to far in the game :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by H3ll View Post
    Tomb of freedon nadd is the most heavy populated EU server... you better switch servers before you get to far in the game :P
    ah right is it likely they will solve queues though? only other mmo i played was wow around burning crusade time and that was always fine.

just didnt want to see those last 5 hours or gameplay wasted.

Deleted
    Yer I think some of us should have posted with how the servers looked from EGA to avoid this (sorry!).

The only real suggestion I have is to monitor the servers to UK prime time then choose one that isn't queued up. You will just have to weigh up to yourself personally if the queue time is worth the game time on your server.

Our guild was assigned to Basillisk Droid which is already at 2 hours this morning so will likely be 6 again by prime time (meaning people coming home from work would miss raid time) and large community / pvp issues aside we are all looking to bail asap if transfers come up. We wont reroll now as we are mostly 40+

Deleted
    I strongly advise you to pick a different server, one with light population, unless you like waiting for hours everyday to play

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by infernouk View Post
    ah right is it likely they will solve queues though? only other mmo i played was wow around burning crusade time and that was always fine.

just didnt want to see those last 5 hours or gameplay wasted.
    I remember in Wrath waiting 2 hours and a half to enter Al'Akir EU

I don't think it will be solved pretty soon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Billybumbler View Post
    Yer I think some of us should have posted with how the servers looked from EGA to avoid this (sorry!).

The only real suggestion I have is to monitor the servers to UK prime time then choose one that isn't queued up. You will just have to weigh up to yourself personally if the queue time is worth the game time on your server.

Our guild was assigned to Basillisk Droid which is already at 2 hours this morning so will likely be 6 again by prime time (meaning people coming home from work would miss raid time) and large community / pvp issues aside we are all looking to bail asap if transfers come up. We wont reroll now as we are mostly 40+
    I dont really want to play the whole intro levels to my character again though after just doing them, the server i next pick could end up just as bad. Perhaps i will start an alt on a les populated server then play then until the server issues are fixed. What i wanted to know really though is if the queues will go away / become reasonable any time soon?

edit: what server would you guys reccomend using that has a good pvp community and lower population?

Deleted
    Tomb of Freedon Nadd will have you waiting 6 hours to get in, and those 6hours are from personal experience, and was on the 3rd day of EGA.

It's not the server for you, if you really don't want to queue, at prime time it's estimated time is on 2hours30mins+ normally. I've queued at 2/3pm and not got in until 9pm. I've pretty much been unable to play since day 2 of access.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Tomb of Freedon Nadd will have you waiting 6 hours to get in, and those 6hours are from personal experience, and was on the 3rd day of EGA.

It's not the server for you, if you really don't want to queue, at prime time it's estimated time is on 2hours30mins+ normally. I've queued at 2/3pm and not got in until 9pm. I've pretty much been unable to play since day 2 of access.
    wow o dear that was a big mistake, at least i only got to level 9.

Anyone know of a good low pop server I will actually be able to play on that has a EU/UK Pop and primarily PvP?

I dont really know anything about who is on what server

Anyone know of a good low pop server I will actually be able to play on that has a EU/UK Pop and primarily PvP?

Neither do most of us. There's a listing of the 'unofficial megaservers' for various things, but those are the ones that will be super-highly populated. Ergo, not the ones you want. So honestly, we really have no idea of what the 'best' servers will be. You just have to pick one and wait and see.

Deleted

I moved to Trayus Academy on republic side there. It's only on Heavy/Very Heavy during prime time, had a queue this morning of 5mins but yea that's nothing lol.

If you come Republic there, I'll team up with you once you catch up.

I haven't been able to play on ToFN since day 2 of EGA, my character there is only level 22, whereas my char on Trayus Academy is level 18 already, just because I don't have to wait.

Deleted
    There's no point switching servers, they're all going to be full by the end of the day. EA need to fix this and open new servers soon, because this is really pathetic.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure most of the servers are going to have their capacities raised a bit today. An I've read that they will be adding more servers as people register their game codes.
    Yes it is frustrating to try to log on and get long long queue, but it is a new mmo and it is Star Wars so I'm not surprised by the queue at all.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of the servers are going to have their capacities raised a bit today. An I've read that they will be adding more servers as people register their game codes.
    Yes it is frustrating to try to log on and get long long queue, but it is a new mmo and it is Star Wars so I'm not surprised by the queue at all.
    Server caps are being heavily controlled right now to attempt to spread out the vast number of players fairly evenly. They already attempted to do that with guild assignments, but now they are going to have a massive flood of people buying the game today to deal with. By keeping some servers flagged as full right now they are just trying to get new players to roll on the lower pop servers to attempt to prevent many dead servers from coming up in the next week or two as people jump ship for unofficial servers, change to play with friends, etc. The servers aren't even remotely close to their individual capacities so expect to see those queues die down as the week goes on and they ease off on the population caps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    This is just me, but I was in a 1,2k queue this afternoon(EU) when I got home and BAM! After like 2 mins of queue time I get in.. I don't think suddenly over 1.2k people logged off, so I guess they raised the cap.. and now I am in queue again for like 200.. and this is on Bloodworthy which got like 3h+ queue at prime time. =P

While I would say you probably want to pick a different server, the server queues on a lot of servers should get better soon.
    They are doing two things with the queues. First, they are testing their hardware. Yeah they got to test it some in beta but they are trying to find out what their servers are capable of and making sure they can safely bump the cap.
    The second thing they are doing, and most likely the main reason for the queues, is making sure people spread out. Queues will make people choose other realms that don't have as many people which will help balance server populations.

All that being said, I do think they made a couple of mistakes. First, I think they would have been better off opening up all servers at once. Sure some servers would still have been heavily populated and others would have been very quiet. But at least people would have had better odds of not getting their whole guild locked into one of the servers opened early.
    The other thing they should really do is open up free character transfers for the first month. Most people would willingly move to a low pop realm to avoid the queue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jeepguy16 View Post
    snip... The other thing they should really do is open up free character transfers for the first month. Most people would willingly move to a low pop realm to avoid the queue.
    Aye, if this became an option I would do it in a heartbeat!