Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Legacy System so far

Hello people. I was on a trip and I lost mostly of my early access. I started playing last day and I only managed to get to level 9. I was very thrilled when the Legacy System was announced and I really want to know more about that feature. Does anyone got to get high enough on leveling to find more about the Legacy System? What does it unlock on the creation character selection?

I'm not sure just yet, I haven't really paid attention to it. I got the "Kolto" Legacy on my character and I am getting experience for my legacy passively (almost legacy level 2). I'll dig around and see if I get anything extra on character creation screen and update this post if I do.

edit: Nothing new so far, maybe I have to get a few levels on it first (makes sense), but it makes even more sense that it's not implemented yet.
    Last edited by Necrolepsy; 2011-12-20 at 03:02 PM.

Deleted
    I'm not sure what it unlocks at the creation system, but having spoke to a guy that unlocked his yesterday, it seems to become available at level 32 or so, and your name hoice is a one time deal. So choose it well and don't typo it

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Everyone,

This build has our first iteration of the Legacy System! At its core the Legacy system is about allowing players to create a family tree of characters. Family is pretty important to the Star Wars universe, with the Skywalker family having one of the most interesting dynamics in movie history. This version is just the foundational components that we will use to build upon in the future. Here are the features of this iteration:

Once your character has completed their Chapter 1 storyline, they will be able to choose a Legacy Last Name. This Legacy Last Name must be unique and is shared across all characters on that server - so choose carefully!
    Once you have unlocked your Legacy, any and all characters on that server will now contribute to that player's Legacy Experience Points. Much like normal experience points, when you reach certain Legacy thresholds, you will increase your Legacy Level.

We already have plans for how we will expand the functionality of the Legacy System in one of our major post-ship patches. This will include being able to shape your Legacy's family tree, and give you a reward for all those Legacy Levels.

We look forward to reading your feedback on the Legacy System!

--James
    it seems pretty awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    I'm not sure what it unlocks at the creation system, but having spoke to a guy that unlocked his yesterday, it seems to become available at level 32 or so, and your name hoice is a one time deal. So choose it well and don't typo it
    Yeah, it's available after finishing Act I, around 32 level

---------- Post added 2011-12-20 at 05:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    I'm not sure just yet, I haven't really paid attention to it. I got the "Kolto" Legacy on my character and I am getting experience for my legacy passively (almost legacy level 2). I'll dig around and see if I get anything extra on character creation screen and update this post if I do.

edit: Nothing new so far, maybe I have to get a few levels on it first (makes sense), but it makes even more sense that it's not implemented yet.
    What's "Kolto" Legacy

Deleted
    I think there is something that people are missing here, especially when it comes to finding groups for your alts. If you have a well known Main (remember when your character was actually known on the server? Before they brought in transfers and LFD?) Having a unique family name on all your characters would mean that the legacy you create with your main (be it for good or bad) will stick with you on your alts. (God I hope you can't remove it from alts, so ninjas can't hide!)

No more requiring to link your achievement, or armoury (or equivalent) if you can develop for yourself a good enough name that your legacy name is known for being a good player on the server.

I woudn't care less about new race/class combos, the ability to tie all your characters together in terms of good name, that's game breaking.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://swtorhub.com/exclusive-legacy-system-interview

Looks like not much of it has actually been developed.

Seems like it's shaping up to be pretty good.

I think it would be kind of cool if it allowed you to use your character as a companion while on an alt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zinestra View Post
    I think it would be kind of cool if it allowed you to use your character as a companion while on an alt.
    That would be awesome but imho won't happened. I've read somewhere that during beta, a guy had found the script of the game and there were a lot of lines like: "We'll make children" or "Our kids would be strong" from companions...

I'm level 40, on Kaas City.

You unlock your legacy after you complete chapter one. For Sith Inquisitors, this is after you find the last artifact of Tulak Hord and you go back to Dromund Kaas to meet with Darth Zash.

Your legacy is in your skill tree (talents) tab. For each level, from what I understand, you'll be able to select from a separate legacy talent tree that's available on all of your characters. Legacies aren't as easy to level up as your character. I just recently turned 40 and I'm almost level 3 legacy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andomin View Post
    I'm level 40, on Kaas City.

You unlock your legacy after you complete chapter one. For Sith Inquisitors, this is after you find the last artifact of Tulak Hord and you go back to Dromund Kaas to meet with Darth Zash.

Your legacy is in your skill tree (talents) tab. For each level, from what I understand, you'll be able to select from a separate legacy talent tree that's available on all of your characters. Legacies aren't as easy to level up as your character. I just recently turned 40 and I'm almost level 3 legacy.
    can you please take a picture of your legacy talent tree or explain some of the perks please?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    can you please take a picture of your legacy talent tree or explain some of the perks please?

this is all you get sofar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PotatoCoffee View Post

this is all you get sofar
    Thanks a lot. Thumbs up for Wookie

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Thanks a lot. Thumbs up for Wookie
    May the Wookie be with you!

There is an option in the Preferences that lets you have your legacy name displayed as either a last name or a separate title

So for instance, if my Legacy name is Chucknorris, I can either have my character's nameplate say Jedi Karazee Chucknorris, <Roundhouse Guild> or Jedi Karazee, The Chucknorris Legacy, <Roundhouse Guild>. The first is two lines of text, the other option is three lines of text.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Targaryen Legacy ftw. Can't wait to see what features they add to this in the future. I would love it if it ended up being talent trees for your guild/legacy like you get in Rift.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The Targaryen Legacy ftw. Can't wait to see what features they add to this in the future. I would love it if it ended up being talent trees for your guild/legacy like you get in Rift.
    I was thinking about choosing Stark as my Legacy name but I think I won't. I feel this this community is a great fan of asofai too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    There is an option in the Preferences that lets you have your legacy name displayed as either a last name or a separate title

So for instance, if my Legacy name is Chucknorris, I can either have my character's nameplate say Jedi Karazee Chucknorris, <Roundhouse Guild> or Jedi Karazee, The Chucknorris Legacy, <Roundhouse Guild>. The first is two lines of text, the other option is three lines of text.

Like that