Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Thing is, if you click on the names of the people giving it 0's, they have zero other reviews for other games or any activity on the site.
    And the same thing happens for every game out there. Ignore the 0 scores and move on. Oh, and don't make troll threads.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I am a HUGE star wars fan. I have toys and books and tattoos. I played SWG for 6 years. When I heard about ToR I was like well sorry WoW, I'm going to have a new mistress. Then I played ToR and I was disappointed. It wasn't better than SWG which is 8 years old. That being said. Not everything is some huge conspiracy. Sometimes, people don't like things as weird as that sounds.

I'm pretty sure these people were either paid to do it, or major fan boyism.

Out of the 55 negative reviews, NONE of them mentioned queue times which is a legitimate beef with the game. Abit strange out of 55 negative reviews talking about how bad it is, not one person mentions queue times.
    I wonder how many irregularities you'd find if you bothered to read the positive reviews. There's a good reason that most people ignore sites like metacritic.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I'm pretty sure these people were either paid to do it, or major fan boyism.
    Or they just love seeing gullible people raging about the comments they make.

Welcome to the internet. You must be new here.

Seriously.. how is that any different from this?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...m/user-reviews

Oh btw..

Age of Conan seems to be the best MMO right now according to user review..

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ag...s/user-reviews

15+ Year Old Account
    People giving it 0's is just as impossible and unreliable as people giving it 10's. They just differ from opinions.
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Don't look at other peoples reviews, they are always wrong.
    lol what? It's peoples reviews (aka OPINIONS) of the game as they see it. There is no right or wrong in your own personal OPINION of a game. If I dont like a certain aspect of gaming, and I read a review of a game and see that 80% of the game revolves around that type of aspect I'm not going to buy it. The review was right for me and the person that wrote it. You however might like that aspect of gaming, so the review is of no merit for YOU. That doesn't make it wrong, it makes it not directed at people that share your mind set.

I've been having fun playing my SI, so far the story has been cool. I dont personally share the thoughts of most of the posts in the link the OP gave, but doesn't make them wrong either.

I had high hopes for this game and then it came out, IT HAS THE SAME GAMEPLAY AS EVERY OTHER MMORPG OUT THERE!!!!! seriously i know that hotkeys are probably the only way to play an mmo but still they should have found something new.
    First review I read. Yeah, not going to bother reading all the other ridiculous ones.

Metacritic? Lol, that site is a fucking cesspool, pretty much every even remotely popular game gets swarmed by hundreds and sometimes even thousands of negative troll reviews.

Deleted
    I played it for quite a while and I'm giving it a 4 out of 10. It feels too much like WoW in almost all aspects and I quit WoW for a reason. I do like the PvP BGs better and the profession system. But that's pretty much it. Got me bored pretty fast. I gave it a try and I didn't like it.

EDIT: Just wanna say that with "it feels to much like WoW" I don't mean a general MMORPG. I didn't have the "WoW feeling" when playing other some other MMORPGs.

So, people giving 11/10 on that game 2 months before it's was release was not bioware propaganda but people giving that game not perfect review now that it's release and everyone can play it is Blizzard propaganda. Yes sure, this sentence need more tinfoil hat.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Sillinoob View Post
    Thing is, the statement "the voice acting is mediocre at best" it not just a person's opinion. It is completely wrong. That is like saying "the sky is yellow" and defending it by saying "it is just my opinion". The sky is in fact blue and not yellow, making it completely wrong.

People have different opinions, but there is still a right and wrong opinion.
    I actually think too that voice acting is medicore at best.. And TBH, I don't think I am wrong.. it's my opinion. and I believe Bioware didn't delivered at this field...maybe Mass Effect spoiled me..but SWTOR is pretty bad.. (just to be fair, I don't like WoW voice acting at all few last patches)

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Seriously.. how is that any different from this?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wo...m/user-reviews

Oh btw..

Age of Conan seems to be the best MMO right now according to user review..

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/ag...s/user-reviews
    /Close thread.

Honestly, the fact that AoC landed above Cata and SW:TOR makes me laugh. Internet trolls.. jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to know how you magically figured out that those reviews are from Blizzard. It absolutely cannot be just a regular person who did not like the game.

Or... are we all supposed to conform to your way of thinking and thus everyone enjoys the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    So, people giving 11/10 on that game 2 months before it's was release was not bioware propaganda but people giving that game not perfect review now that it's release and everyone can play it is Blizzard propaganda. Yes sure, this sentence need more tinfoil hat.
    Pay no attention to the double standard behind the curtain!

It's probably 4chan. They were blamed for the bad DA2 metacritic reviews as well.

Yeah, it's definitely "propoganda". Oh gods, these few months on forums will be horrible...
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

The game has flaws, serious flaws even. A large part of them are visual stuff, such as choppy or bugged animations, poor textures, bland art direction, etc. Something you notice right away once you launch the game.

I'm more concerned about the people giving it 10/10, since they're clearly blinded by something. The ones voting 0/10 are obviously trolls, but at least they raise valid concerns. (over exaggerated ofcourse)

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    This whole thread is about user reviews.

I'll start caring when the professional reviews start rolling in. Anonymous "users" have zero credibility in the review space.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that people will have differing opinions but if the "animations are stiff" what do they consider fluid animation? It is by far the most fluid MMO I've ever played, in terms of character animations.

Also the dialog is utterly fantastic, anyone who writes that as a negative point is either trolling or plain retarded.

Those two points being made, the game is far from perfection:

- Focus frame but lack of the ability to use a modifier on our ability keys to have them effect focus

- Very rigid and (for me) poorly laid out UI

- Lack of Macros

- SERVER QUEUES

But all these are things that can and will be fixed in the foreseeable future. SW:ToR might not be perfect but it's a damn sight better than any other MMO currently on the market for people who want something with more of a lively atmosphere than WoW. SW:ToR is new, people are new to it, it's fresh and fun!

Also.... hating on the cutscenes? If you're rushing to level cap then you're doing it so so wrong.