Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Metacritic user score is a nice idea but completely unrealistic because of just how people are. Major problems are people want to feel their score is having an effect so are way to keen to deliver a 0-1 or 9+ score, people carry grudges from previous games (Bioware and DA2 for example), they get attacked because people think it's amusing to see a AAA game get a really low score and mostly people just don't take the thing seriously.

100+ reviews out of what 2,000,000 people that have bought the game is a terrible sample size, basically full of the people who get most fueled by hype or hate, even 1000 would be pretty worthless. We'll know if the game is good by if it retains most of it's subs and builds its population upwards, or if people bail by the bucketload.

I can understand some ppl not enjoying the game, but I cannot understand the voice acting criticism at all.
    Even the most trivial gathering quests are really well voice acted. Being used to the normal run of the mill game voice acting these days, I think it's fantastic in swtor.
    Just look at wow, there's not many scenes with voice acting in the game, but even then there's plenty of halfassed and unbelievable voice acting.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diop View Post
    Metacritic user score is a nice idea but completely unrealistic because of just how people are. Major problems are people want to feel their score is having an effect so are way to keen to deliver a 0-1 or 9+ score, people carry grudges from previous games (Bioware and DA2 for example), they get attacked because people think it's amusing to see a AAA game get a really low score and mostly people just don't take the thing seriously.

100+ reviews out of what 2,000,000 people that have bought the game is a terrible sample size, basically full of the people who get most fueled by hype or hate, even 1000 would be pretty worthless. We'll know if the game is good by if it retains most of it's subs and builds its population upwards, or if people bail by the bucketload.
    1,000 would be a fair sample if it was a scientific poll.

But this is the user review space on a public web site. It doesn't get any less scientific. I don't even think there's a number threshold that would give you an accurate opinion poll on that site, just because of how it's setup.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Your opinion != Everyone's opinion.

I was looking forward to swtor for a long time, almost as long as I've been waiting for D3. I was simply disappointed. I played swg and love star wars but I don't love that game and I wish I did.

People are worried about losing players to SWTOR esp those on low/med wow pop servers. Also a lot of raiding guilds are suffering because of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    Seriously.. how is that any different from this?

Oh btw..

Age of Conan seems to be the best MMO right now according to user review..
    This sums it up... AOC > SWTOR. Yeah...OK. Sure. The good news is that word of mouth and marketing will get plenty of people to try it. Who is really going to check that site before deciding if they should make the purchase?

15+ Year Old Account
    Closing this thread now. Stop trying to blame Blizzard wen a bunch of people who hate this game or that game run off and try and destroy its user ratings. User ratings are a horribly flawed system. Try it. If you like it good, if not, try something else. Don't let other people's opinions of anything shape your beliefs.