Alienware Laptops - Min Req for 25man Max Details

Ok so basically im going to get a laptop because this year im going to be traveling a lot and i dont wanna stop raiding, so basically im looking for one of these laptops, any recomendation about any other brand would be nice too, the only requirement that i need is that it can run 25man on max details without any problems, 60+ fps ideally, obviously no more than 1500DLS.

Ive been checking the M17 with the default setting (aka Alienware M17x R3 Intel Core i7 Laptop), what do you think?

PD: sry about my english :P
    Last edited by white178; 2011-12-19 at 09:22 PM.

Look into Asus instead. They will give you more hardware for less money. Similar or better build quality. Plus, they look really slick... like stealth fighters.

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ have u looked into this site? Can build your own laptop. pick the parts and they assemble it

I highly advise you to look elsewhere for a new laptop because alien ware over-chargers people for arguable worse hardware just because of the brand/chassis.

Like demoness said, I recommend looking into Asus or Acer laptops.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, if you're trying to go for the 'minimum' for getting at a certain spec, expect the machine to fall behind as patches are released. What may work fine now, may not work next patch.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

I imagine if he was interested in an alienware computer, he doesn't mind shelling out some money

10+ Year Old Account
    Bam!

No need for Alienware, it's overpriced.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Bam!

No need for Alienware, it's overpriced.
    wow thats a nice recomendation its even better than the default m17 im checking it

While Alienware do have a reputation for being overpriced, please do be a bit more constructive than say "OMG don't buy overpriced alienware, buy this instead".
    I'd prefer if you put up more in-depth analysies. After all, they are good laptops.
    Perhaps not the best but certainly more than good enough.
    Offering concern at a price is one thing, but telling people to completely avoid something on the sole basis of costing more?
    And offer concrete alternatives, like inux94 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoness View Post
    Plus, they look really slick...
    No. They look like huge bricks. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    While Alienware do have a reputation for being overpriced, please do be a bit more constructive than say "OMG don't buy overpriced alienware, buy this instead".
    I'd prefer if you put up more in-depth analysies. After all, they are good laptops.
    Perhaps not the best but certainly more than good enough.
    Offering concern at a price is one thing, but telling people to completely avoid something on the sole basis of costing more?
    And offer concrete alternatives, like inux94 did.

No. They look like huge bricks. :P
    Tetris, it's like picking between a shiny, slow train and a not-so-impressive but fast train.

Most people will look after the shiny, slow train (this case it's Alienware.) simply cause of gimmicks.

Their customer service is horrible, my old classmate had to send back his laptop cause of a HDD error and he waited 3 months to get it back.
    Not to mention Dell's phone service located in India, reading off a book and knocking the phone off if they don't have the answer.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    I would get an MSI laptop instead, I really like them

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    60 FPS at maximum details in 25 mans is not going to happen even on a $5000 desktop, so you're certainly not gonna get it on a $1500 laptop, or any laptop for that matter.
    This simple yet informative bit of information should totally be in a sticky somewhere... <.<

Seems like the unfortunate expectation comes up way too often in these forums.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Tetris, it's like picking between a shiny, slow train and a not-so-impressive but fast train.

Most people will look after the shiny, slow train (this case it's Alienware.) simply cause of gimmicks.

Their customer service is horrible, my old classmate had to send back his laptop cause of a HDD error and he waited 3 months to get it back.
    Not to mention Dell's phone service located in India, reading off a book and knocking the phone off if they don't have the answer.
    Perhaps you can't make full use of the fast train because of the condition of the infrastructure? Just because the train can go in 200 KPH, does not mean the railway itself supports more than a pitiful 110KPH, meaning both trains will go equally fast either way.

Perhaps there's leaves on the tracks. Perhaps there are regulations on how fast trains are allowed to go. Just to complete the metaphor. It's not like the Alienware computer with the same hardware will be any better or worse. As long as it's the same hardware, it'll perform the same, and you will have Dell's customer service, which quite a few people actually want.
    And you're a bit too sweeping about their phone service.
    &nbsp;