Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Feepit View Post
    Hi, I'm curious whether I could run SW:TOR/GW2 with my comp
    XP 32bit (Service Pack 3)
    GPU: GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
    Pentium 4 CPU 2.8 GHz
    3 GB RAM
    Your spec is kind of low . I still have some decent frame rate dropping with my 560ti at crowded place like Corusant or Imperial fleet.
    You can probably 'run' the game technically , but the frame rate will be so low that its going to be unplayable even if you have every setting on low.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    That's the thing,

SWTOR already performs very poorly in Multiplayer environments. It runs fine as long as you're playing by yourself but in PvP especially performance goes down the drain. Incidentally this PvP fps drop doesn't seem to affect all players.

So even on good systems, SWTORs performance is pretty random.

I wouldn't recommend SWTOR to anyone with less than a Quad-core CPU, 4 GB of RAM and a DX 11 GPU.
    PVP is VERY CPU intensive. I had better results running PVP on a i7-2500k@4.5GHz and the integrated GPU than on a i7-720QM@2.5GHz with a HD5870 mobility radeon GPU.

You can quest with that rig. *Wouldn't want to try operations and I would cry to try PvP.

Deleted
    tbh the main problem is the game engine, you may have a $2000+ set-up and not have good performace.

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    HD6450 is a media card and nothing more than that. While your CPU and memory is more than adequate your video card will never play on anything higher than low settings and even then it will have difficulties. For any gaming you will want to upgrade that video to at least a Radeon HD6770 or GTX550 Ti, at which point you can gain with reasonable settings at 1920x1080. Depending on the budget though I would have other video card suggestions.

Your power supply will also factor into what kind of video card you can purchase.
    I've got a 300W power supply if that helps, never figured out what parts are compatible with what.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    tbh the main problem is the game engine, you may have a $2000+ set-up and not have good performace.
    Indeed, my visual experience goes from smooth as silk to stuborn as a mule in swtor while other games are much more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaux View Post
    I've got a 300W power supply if that helps, never figured out what parts are compatible with what.
    300 watt should be fine for the 550ti
    "Angle of incidence equals angle of reflectance. Meaning, if you can see them, they can see you. Use the environment around you. Free yourself from the tyranny of eye-level!"--Roger Dodger i also play the git-box
    Poke THIS Robot--it's a link to MY MUSIC!--

Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    only 2GB ram? I would up that to at least 4GB and that's for general use! I would say straight off the bat that you'd be able to run it up to medium settings perhaps.
    Okay, I am posting this to help other people.

Don't get too intimidated by uninformed posts such as this one.

I am running Windows XP SP 3, Intel Core 2 Yorkfield Extreme (Quad i.e. 4 Cores) x9650 processors, TWO (2) Gigs of RAM only, and ATI Radeon HD 5800 series 1024 MB video card. I am able to run SW TOR at MAXIMUM (ultra) settings with very good FPS and no latency at all even in combat scenarios. My processors were manufactured in January 2008.

The game is absolutely AWESOME to try at max settings, and I recommend everyone who has a somewhat advanced PC do try to run it at max settings. My processors alone cost me $999, and the whole PC with special high performance motherboard, special aluminum case and even a special copper case inside for better insulation, had cost me over $ 2k when I put it together back in 2009.

The only change I made to this setup was last year when I replaced my old 512 NVIDIA video card for a brand new ATI Radeon HD 5800 series.

EDIT: I should also add that my sans overclocking, my cores' temperature never even exceed 37ish Centigrade. I did try to run the game with my Extreme Quad Cores overclocked to, exactly, 3.901 GHZ according to the SANDRA reporting software. From what I see, running my cores overclocked to 3.9 GHz is an overkill with SW TOR as atm there is no need for such performance.

---------- Post added 2012-03-12 at 06:28 PM ----------

Update:

I am at Sith Academy. I have got 4 windows open at Firefox, AMD's Catalyst Control Center active and running, SPECCY (temperature & PC status software) running, and notepad running, and I am running the game at ULTRA settings (everything set to high and shadows at high) AND Windowed mode, and I have got 97.1 to 108 FPS.

The game runs as smooth as silk.

Temperatures as follows:

Processor Cores 1-4: (average) 43 Centigrade
    Video Card (Overclocked): 66 Centigrade
    Motherboard: 38 Centigrade
    Hard Disk: 38 Centigrade
    Last edited by Sturmbringe; 2012-03-12 at 05:12 PM.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

The only time I run into any serious fps drops is whenever I'm around smoke or fog. I get upwards of 70fps in some places, but flying through Coruscant or entering a smoke-filled cave can drop it below 5. I'm mostly hoping we'll soon be able to remove/reduce the smoke effects and/or reduce view distance, would save me from having to buy a new graphics card and power supply.

Hi guys, just bought a new rig.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 – 2600k 3.4GHz 8MB LGA 1155
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 Socket 1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ 3-way CrossFireX & SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&2GbE/ ATX
    Video Card: ASUS nVidia GeForce GTX-570 1280MB DDR5
    RAM: Blackline-F 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC2-12800
    Windows: 7 - Professional

The game is running absolutely fine and at an average of 90-110 fps in empty areas, and about 70-90 in crowded areas (a few un-important spikes during high peak times).

Now, the complaint...

Every time I get on a flight path, everything starts chopping up.
    Every time I go to Hutta, everything starts chopping up.

Tried all graphical settings available in game and I still get the same problem.

Anyone know a solution or requires more info to determine the solution?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    Last edited by shazly84; 2012-03-13 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Just added my OS.

Quote Originally Posted by shazly84 View Post
    Hi guys, just bought a new rig.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 – 2600k 3.4GHz 8MB LGA 1155
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 Socket 1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ 3-way CrossFireX & SLI/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&2GbE/ ATX
    Video Card: ASUS nVidia GeForce GTX-570 1280MB DDR5
    RAM: Blackline-F 8 GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC2-12800
    Windows: 7 - Professional

The game is running absolutely fine and at an average of 90-110 fps in empty areas, and about 70-90 in crowded areas (a few un-important spikes during high peak times).

Now, the complaint...

Every time I get on a flight path, everything starts chopping up.
    Every time I go to Hutta, everything starts chopping up.

Tried all graphical settings available in game and I still get the same problem.

Anyone know a solution or requires more info to determine the solution?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    Here's your processor: http://ark.intel.com/products/52213

You have got a quad processor, i.e. four cores made in Q1 2011. This processor technology is not awesome for 2012, considering that I have got similar processor tech with yours and performance in a Core that was made in back in 2008.

I get the same chopping with you while aboard a taxi. My guess is that people with 6 core and 8 core Intel processors should get none. It is, imo, mainly a processor & MB issue, as people who run 6 and 8 core processors are also able to attach 2x video cards to their motherboards.

Imagine your PC with a 6 Core or 8 Core processor AND 2 units of your video card attached on the same motherboard.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post

You have got a quad processor, i.e. four cores made in Q1 2011. This processor technology is not awesome for 2012, considering that I have got similar processor tech with yours and performance in a Core that was made in back in 2008.

I get the same chopping with you while aboard a taxi. My guess is that people with 6 core and 8 core Intel processors should get none. It is, imo, mainly a processor & MB issue, as people who run 6 and 8 core processors are also able to attach 2x video cards to their motherboards.

Imagine your PC with a 6 Core or 8 Core processor AND 2 units of your video card attached on the same motherboard.
    I'm sorry.. I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it seems to me you have no idea what your talking about..

First off judging a processor by the number of cores it has tells me you have no clue how processors work... more cores =/= better performance. there are a lot of other factors to consider.

secondly, who told you that you can't run more than one card on a quad core? quad/hexa/octa has almost no impact on SLI/Xfire performance.
    SLI/Xfire is a feature supported by your MB not your processor. and all modern MB's/processors can handle SLI/Xfire with no problems at all.

the 2600K is still one of the most popular choices for gaming w/o considering the very expensive extreme editions or server grade processors.

In my view the problem is one of two things

A) A driver issue which can be solved with a driver update which you can't do much about till the card manufacturer releases an update.

B) A game bug that the game developer has to fix with an update.

Again I'm sorry if I offended you, but I don't like it when people don't know what they are talking about or give false information to people that are seeking help.

No problem mate. However, the number of cores a processor has, is a good indication of how well it will perform vs a processor with less cores and vs a processor with more cores. E.g. Generally, a processor with four cores will be faster than a processor with 2 cores and slower than a processor with 6 cores. When we are talking abt processors with an equal amount of cores, then idd there are "other factors to consider".

Well , to those guys suggesting to someone ' go buy a new pc' , i think thats directly related to his/her financial status and by no ways you should judge someone and humilate him that much for not having a decent Hardware.

With that being said, The specs displayed there are very ultra low and not only Swtor but most modern games will not runs. In terms of console to make it more 'clear' its like you gota ps2 today.

If you can afford it you should invest in a decent pc for 400$ .

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    No problem mate. However, the number of cores a processor has, is a good indication of how well it will perform vs a processor with less cores and vs a processor with more cores. E.g. Generally, a processor with four cores will be faster than a processor with 2 cores and slower than a processor with 6 cores. When we are talking abt processors with an equal amount of cores, then idd there are "other factors to consider".
    Your generalization is incorrect. Very incorrect. Intel i3 2100 will run comparable to an AMD Phenom II X4 965. The Intel is a dual core the AMD is a quad. The AMD Bulldozer with 8 cores runs worse than the i7 2600K which is a quad. You see what I am getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by Culadin View Post
    Your generalization is incorrect. Very incorrect. Intel i3 2100 will run comparable to an AMD Phenom II X4 965. The Intel is a dual core the AMD is a quad. The AMD Bulldozer with 8 cores runs worse than the i7 2600K which is a quad. You see what I am getting at?
    Yes indeed, Culadin. I should have said "Intel processor" instead of "processor".

Hello guys, this is my current rig:

Intel core i7 2600 3.4Gh
    8 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 double channel.
    Asus Z68 V PRO/GEN 3
    nvidia 9500GT
    PSU Cooler master extreme power plus 600w
    windows 7 ultimate 32 bits.

I want to run this game at FULL (high settings), in order to do that i need to change my video card but my PSU capacity limits me (and no i don't have money for a brand new PSU). Im planning to buy an EVGA GTX560 super overclocked, what do you think? will i reach my goal?
    Last edited by smorrissey; 2012-04-03 at 02:49 AM.