Thread: GW2 Expansions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't foresee ANet increasing the level cap with each new expansion. In fact, I'd prefer they didn't. Having to re-level your max level main to the cap is just a way for game devs to keep you playing the game, and, in WoW's case, to prevent you from raiding on Day 1 of the release.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont quote me on this but i think i remember arena net talking about a crystal desert as an expansion
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I don't foresee ANet increasing the level cap with each new expansion. In fact, I'd prefer they didn't. Having to re-level your max level main to the cap is just a way for game devs to keep you playing the game, and, in WoW's case, to prevent you from raiding on Day 1 of the release.
    They didn't do that with Guild Wars 1 when Cantha, or Nightfall was released, or Eye of the North, they just continued their story, and added a lot hell other things I don't really know about, since i'm somewhat new to Guild Wars 1.

I didn't feel the need for new levels because what they did was awesome, so in my opinion, there is no need of more levels, or stats, or higher crits, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they'll raise the level cap, they said the only reason they HAD leveling in GW2 is because when they didn't have it at the VERY beginning of making it people FREAKED OUT, so they added them in.

I'm going to guess that we're first going to be going to the crystal desert, and then Elona, and then Cantha, and then parts unknown, maybe utopia?

Regardless though, i have a feeling that IF we see new races, it'll likely be tengu and naga for Cantha, and Hekett and either centaur or harpies for Elona. And i'm sorry to tell you guys that paragons and monks will NOT be returning because lorewise they were fused together and became guardians. However, we may be seeing dervish and ritualist so we can always look forward to that =D!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

I can see Tengu as a new race possibly, but Naga.. I don't know, they were always hostile towards humans right? I don't remember any friendly Naga. I guess time could change that. I could definitely see helping the Tengu take back their land from the new Emperor as an expansion though.

As for classes, Dervish is a possibility, they didn't really get rolled into any current profession, but I'm not sure on Ritualist. Imo their spirits got rolled into the Necromancer utility minions and the Mesmer's illusions, and their weapon skills were given to the Guardian.

On the other hand, I'd love to explore more of Tyria. We have no idea what's to the North, East or West.

The Mursaat could make a return if we go looking for their city, we could discover a new clan of Dwarves somewhere in the Shiverpeaks. It's kind of pointless to speculate to be honest, we don't even know half of the GW2 story yet.

I wonder what weapons they will add in the expansion, maybe a 2 handed axe for warriors? rifle for thief?

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I wonder what weapons they will add in the expansion, maybe a 2 handed axe for warriors? rifle for thief?
    Lightsabers and miniguns.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I agree as ive said before leveling just raises numbers (damg,healing, hp pools) to the point of where the numbers dont even mean anything 80k crits huge ass heals. They start to be worthless in my mind.
    I dont believe they should release an expansion if its just some content. It would have to be MAJOR amount of content or a new class, whole new pve, or pvp system implemented. Doesnt mean i wouldnt buy it. I buy expansion to keep current with the game. I just HOPE they are worthy of my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I'm thinkin' two-handed axes and polearm/halberd/scythes, considering that the Warrior on the profession page is holding a weapon type that isn't even in the game, and I could've sworn seeing a screenshot from an earlier build with a Guardian holding a spear-like weapon above water...

Maybe another Underwater weapon or two (Off-hand net? Diving Knife?) and a ton more underwater combat if reactions to the Underwater combat end up being really positive.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    All I hope is they don't pull a Wow and kill off "the old world" by shipping the entire level capped population to a new map.
    I think an important thing that plays into both this, and people worrying over an expanded level cap is the fact that if they introduce new races, those new races are going to need their own starter zones, their own capital cities, and their own personal story.

This being the case, I don't think GW2 is going to pull a WoW, and force the new races through the same levelling zones of the first 5 races, so I expect each new expansion with new races to each have their own 1-80 experience. When seeing it like that, adding more levels on top of that and zones for it seems kind of ridiculous. Also because of that, I expect that after a decent time into an expansion, the population will settle between the old and new based on preference.

I have not read all the comments(tried but got lazy:P) so sorry if this is a repeat or been made impossible by other comments, with more knowledge of the plains for GW2.

I hope the game has an expansion maybe every 6 months to a year(but dont price them like wow did which was mad, 10-25 depending on content levels, the more content the more it cost ofc, and i would not mind smaller ones or what ever). Each few months have some updated content with new dungeons and new out door events etc. And in the expos add a big amount of content and a few new dungeons and out door stuff, the level cap does not have to always be increased but when it is tune the old dungeons up to the average leveld of people in them(but not lower then a certain amount or what ever). This will allow us to re-play the old content years down the line(now tuning does ofc not have to be perfect)

Anyway thats just the way i think it should work, but even re-reading it, to me there could probably be alot of changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    I have not read all the comments(tried but got lazy:P) so sorry if this is a repeat or been made impossible by other comments, with more knowledge of the plains for GW2.

I hope the game has an expansion maybe every 6 months to a year(but dont price them like wow did which was mad, 10-25 depending on content levels, the more content the more it cost ofc, and i would not mind smaller ones or what ever). Each few months have some updated content with new dungeons and new out door events etc. And in the expos add a big amount of content and a few new dungeons and out door stuff, the level cap does not have to always be increased but when it is tune the old dungeons up to the average leveld of people in them(but not lower then a certain amount or what ever). This will allow us to re-play the old content years down the line(now tuning does ofc not have to be perfect)

Anyway thats just the way i think it should work, but even re-reading it, to me there could probably be alot of changes.
    Lawl wut? Don't price them like wow? They're totally gonna be around $40 each!! THERES NO MONTHLY FEE, the expansions are how they make money....
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Hoping for Cantha myself, so I can have my playable Naga . Naga Thief anyone?
    Yes! Playable naga! I support this idea!

No, but really, I also heard there's dwarves somewhere underground protecting something, maybe they would expand on that as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    No, but really, I also heard there's dwarves somewhere underground protecting something, maybe they would expand on that as well?
    I doubt they'll ever make Dwarves playable. This is from canon lore:
    The fight between the Dwarves and the Destroyers consumed the Dwarven race. Few lived to return to the surface and tell the tale of their victory—and those who did had been irrevocably altered. No longer made of flesh and bone, no blood pumped through their veins. Instead, they found their bodies composed entirely of stone surrounding nothing but cold, hard earth.

No longer interested in maintaining their solidarity as a race, these last Dwarves scattered across Tyria, finding battles to fight in the deep caverns or making new homes in far-flung hills, ever-watching the borders where caverns emerge into the surface world. Those few individuals who can rightfully claim to have met a Dwarf in their lifetime are rare, and all speak of the strange, driven passion that consumes these few survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I doubt they'll ever make Dwarves playable. This is from canon lore:
    In Guild Wars 1, as Mif quoted, they fighted against the Destroyers, which you as the hero player helped them with. The race then died out under the 250 years, some still exist, but as said, it's extremely, super extremely rare to see one in Guild Wars 2, basically.

I'm having a hard time imagining what the new race would be if they did an Elona expansion pack. But I have a feeling (Well more hope) they may show us Utopia which was their Aztec themed continent.

Quote Originally Posted by englanda View Post
    Lightsabers and miniguns.
    Naa that will be an April 1st patch. After this years with the commando class and the storyline that ripped whole pages out of the terminator plot line that would be right up their ally for a 1 day gag.

Who is John Galt?

i'd rather have new class(es) and weapons (will there ever be a railgun? ) with each xpac rather than new races.
    i loved factions so i wouldn't mind seeing cantha in some xpac, as for elona, joko sure had some time to turn into quite the vilain so it could be fun to go and kick his ass once and for all (which i always wanted to do in nightfall).
    Last edited by sacrypheyes; 2011-12-22 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    i'd rather have new class(es) and weapons (will there ever be a railgun? ) with each xpac rather than new races.
    i loved factions so i wouldn't mind seeing cantha in some xpac, as for elona, joko sure had some time to turn into quite the vilain so it could be fun to go and kick his ass once and for all (which i always wanted to do in nightfall).
    Lol I'll be a saaaaaaaaaad panda when I gotta beat up joko... He's a beast!!

Deleted
    Hoping for dervishes/scythes.. And two-handed Axe for warriors, maybe offhand sword for thiefs .. ? Got no clue on races, perhaps tengu