Deleted

Warmaster Blackhorn 10N problems

Hey everyone,

Our guild is struggling at the blackhorn fight. And as I got WoL up and running since yesterday I am now able to ask you guys for advice.
    Tonight we had 14 stabs at Blackhorn. We got to phase two a few times, but not without trouble.
    As me being the priest healer, I seem to run out of mana rather fast. That is because the raid damage is really high. And offcourse keeping the tanks alive.

Our raid composistion:
    blood DK
    prot War

Priest disc
    Shaman restro

2x Hunter
    mage
    unholy DK
    Boomkin (with resto OS)

I don't think I can link url yet, so I'm hoping someone can do that for me.
    The url is: worldoflogs site, /reports and then /xahupz5phrbchjbg/dashboard/?s=5771&e=5946.

I really hope you pro raiders out there can help us out.

Greetings,
    Legyworks (Priestyon)

(worldoflogs) reports/s8tjxz5ftc64qzto/sum/damageDone/?s=3832&e=4225

This is my first kill. The first thing that pops out to me is your really low uptime. All our melee had 90% or more uptime, DPS always need to be doing something. Other than that, I can't really dig into it right now, but if you pick up your DPS it will really help that last part. Oh, and save Time Warp for the end, when boss is doing crazy damage.

With your DPS I imagine you have trouble getting drakes from 100-0 in one shot. Try having your melee help out with the first one in each wave, or even just the first one. This will reduce damage to the ship and potential raid damage as well.
    Last edited by Mohammed; 2011-12-20 at 09:57 PM.

Simply put, DPS is on the low-end (though not too low to down the boss) and, more importantly, people are taking avoidable damage. It looks like you have people trying to soak the barrages when they're too low on health. As long as you're properly soaking Onslaught and getting all the sappers, it's not crucial to eat the small hits every time. Tell DPS to only take the hits if they're above, say, 75% if they're going to take them solo. You also have people getting hit by charges and taking way too much damage from the flames in P2 (step out of the fire!).

Not sure how many nights you've been working on this, but if the DPS have all had adequate time to learn the rhythm of the fight, then they're really slacking on raid awareness and movement.

15+ Year Old Account
    With lower dps what you can do is have the tanks pull there adds to the drakes. What I do is take my add right next to the harpoon launcher so that melee can help by cleaving. That takes care pretty much of phase 1. With the 2 hunters you can probably toss down traps and pop sappers out of stealth fast. If a sapper pops out during collapse phase have dk grip the sapper to himself and then proceed to annihilate it.

Edit: looking at the log on one of your better tries people are being hit with shock wave and twilight flames. If people are running into necessary stuff then they are taxing the healers too much and probably going to push them to the point that a tank gets gibbed and then the raid collapses. Try and have them look out for the avoidable bad stuff in P2!
    Last edited by Odina; 2011-12-20 at 10:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohammed View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s8tjxz5ftc64qzto/sum/damageDone/?s=3832&e=4225

This is my first kill. The first thing that pops out to me is your really low uptime. All our melee had 90% or more uptime, DPS always need to be doing something. Other than that, I can't really dig into it right now, but if you pick up your DPS it will really help that last part. Oh, and save Time Warp for the end, when boss is doing crazy damage.

With your DPS I imagine you have trouble getting drakes from 100-0 in one shot. Try having your melee help out with the first one in each wave, or even just the first one. This will reduce damage to the ship and potential raid damage as well.
    Fixed your link

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/s...?s=3832&e=4225

---------- Post added 2011-12-21 at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    With lower dps what you can do is have the tanks pull there adds to the drakes. What I do is take my add right next to the harpoon launcher so that melee can help by cleaving. That takes care pretty much of phase 1. With the 2 hunters you can probably toss down traps and pop sappers out of stealth fast. If a sapper pops out during collapse phase have dk grip the sapper to himself and then proceed to annihilate it.

Edit: looking at the log on one of your better tries people are being hit with shock wave and twilight flames. If people are running into necessary stuff then they are taxing the healers too much and probably going to push them to the point that a tank gets gibbed and then the raid collapses. Try and have them look out for the avoidable bad stuff in P2!
    Yup, too many people got hit by shock wave. Remember that the boss turns around and face the person he is targeting with shock wave. So even if you can't see where the person being targeted is standing, always watch the boss and move, if he faces in your direction.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the replies already.
    You guys are right about the shockwave, half the raid got killed by it once we got to that phase. Do we have to stack up at one spot? Or do we need to spread out with ranged at one point to nuke the dragon?
    Another thing is some raid members not seeing the charge, and thus not stepping away from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Legyworks View Post
    You guys are right about the shockwave, half the raid got killed by it once we got to that phase. Do we have to stack up at one spot? Or do we need to spread out with ranged at one point to nuke the dragon?
    We generally keep the boss somewhere near the middle when P2 starts, with ranged dps at one side of the boat so they can reach the drake and the rest spreading as best they can on rest of the ship. It's pretty important that you do because you want to avoid the RNG of getting the purple crap AND shockwave to where the ranged are. The more you can avoid shockwaves on that side of the ship, the better.

After the dragon goes down, again spread out and use the whole ship. The best spot for the boss is in the middle, as that way the shockwave has minimum coverage on the ship, forcing only select people to move.

when he first jumps down we tank him slightly off center towards the drakes to the people on the drake don't have to run as far to get out of shockwave, once the drake is dead we all just spread out in a circle 10 yards away from the boss

we stack the melee adds on the port side harpoon, so melee cleave can help kill it. with DKs you can trivialize the sappers. AMZ at the right time almost completely negates the damage from a barrage, also use healer CDs on them, they should be up towards the end of when the boss is up and his roar starts to really hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.