Deleted

Second hand PCs - which to chose?

Hello people,

i really feel bad for asking the same question, that most others do as well.
    But i cant help it, i got no clue what a good PC is...cause i havent been playing anything for YEARS.

I recently asked for a setup for a PC, which i got, but so far i couldnt manage to get the parts second hand, so i continued browsing and found a few PCs which are pretty "cheapish" and more in my price range. Ill try to post the "best ones" as far as i can tell, and maybe someone could tell me, which would could run SW:ToR (yes,duh..sorry =( ) on the highest settings.

AMD Phenom IIx4 Black Edition 965 Quad Core
    4096 GB RAM
    Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-E 256bit DVI-I HDMI
    Asus 77TD-EVO HIgh End
    Realtek AL C892 High Definition
    Western Digital 1000GB
    DVD Multi Laufwerk & Lightscipe: LG
    DirektX: 11.0
    fan regulator system Max Zero
    Windows7 Ultimate
    475€ ...might be able to negotiate
    Sharkoon Rebel 12 Value
    LC Power Gold Edition 550 Watt
    Asus P5 QC
    Intel Core 2 Duo 6550 2* 2,33 Ghz
    Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
    4 GB DDR2 RAM
    ATI R 3870x2 T2DIG 1
    Seagate 250 GB
    Surf Macs Aluminium 5,25 /3,5 " Black Ed
    150€ !! ...probably negotiable
    -Midi Tower
    -Intel Q8200 (4x2,3 GHZ)
    -2X 3GB PC800
    -500GB HDD S-ATA2
    -Geforce GT9800-1024MB
    -DVD-Burner LG GH22NS40
    -Cardreader
    285€...probably negotiable
    Intel: Core 2 Duo E7300, 2x 2.67GHz
    ASRock 4Core1600-D800 (2 PCI, 1 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 2 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)
    G Skill 2 x 2 GB (4GB) DDR2-800
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti GDDR5 (1024 MB) graka neupreis war 280 euro baujahr 01.10.2011
    ST31000528AS ATA Device (1000 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
    PSU just says: "550 Watt"
    350€...probably negotiable.
    Screen:BenQ E2400HD (Digital) Resolution: 1920*1080
    Gigabyte MA790FXT-UD5P Socket:AM3
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4*3726.1MHz)
    Freezer X Treme
    Ati Radeon HD 4870 (1024 MBytes)
    Corsair Kit CL9 DHX DDR3 1333 4GB
    Midi Thermaltake Soprano DX Schwarz with window
    2*Samsung SP2504C S/ATA (250 GB)
    Xilence 600W
    400€..probably negotiable.
    The 150€ one sounds very tempting tbh, since im not even sure how long im gonna play PC / ToR...or Diablo 3 in future.
    I wish everyone a great holiday!

Deleted
    Each of those PC's have their weaklinks, and I wouldn't expect any of them to play SWKotR on the highest settings (however I haven't played the beta so unsure on graphics capability.)

In terms of upgradability and the fact it comes with a HD monitor, I would take the €400 one, the graphics card is the weak link in that setup (although it is not a bad card, you will probably get medium-high on 1920x1080)

Ignore the Core 2 Duo ones and the Q8200 one, they are not worth it anymore. So it is between the €400 euro computer and the €475 one. Both graphics cards are similar in terms of processing power and the €400 one does have a motherboard with DDR 3 in it. Stick a newer card, GTX560Ti+ in it when you have the cash and you will be set for high-highest detail(depending on resolution).

Quote Originally Posted by mrmojo View Post
    The 150€ one sounds very tempting tbh, since im not even sure how long im gonna play PC / ToR...or Diablo 3 in future.
    It has no future at all. Every part in it is at least four years old which shows in pricetag too.

That 475€ computer is clearly best of the bunch, better than the 75€ price difference to the next most expensive one too.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2011-12-20 at 11:13 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Yup I agree with Raze , its between the 400€ and 475€ one, IMO id take the 400€ one bcuz it come with an HD monitor, DDR3 mobo, a 965 X4 (which is the best CPU in your list) already overclocked ,an aftermarket cooler.. but cheap HDD and a somewhat outdated videocard... but since Swtor and D3 arnt DX11 , its not really a problem... im pretty confident that the 4870 has enough power to run D3 or SWToR with smooth fps @ 1080p with better than average graphic details.
    Last edited by DarkBlade6; 2011-12-20 at 11:22 PM.

Hmm.. Tricky... the 475€ computer comes with windows, the 400€ one comes with monitor... Assuming the windows on 475€ computer is actually legit full retail version it's worth more than a second-hand monitor and 75€ difference.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The first one sounds like the best deal assuming you already have a monitor.

Deleted
    Thanks for all the quick replies!
    Yes, i do have a monitor already. Its a simple TFT tho, 19´ i think...and i dunno, wouldnt really need Windows, since i got a spare copy of Windows XP still here, legit.

Would i need anything more than Windows XP nowadays?

XP does not properly support graphics cards newer than about 3 years old. Everything newer will run gimped on it.

Since you have a monitor already, the first one is best. But if you want to save money that 400€ computer is probably better buy since it's not that far off from the first.
    Trolling should be.

Definitely the €475 build. It has the best value for the money. Especially since it has a 1000GB hard drive. These are ridiculously expensive right now - €120 for a new one.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-12-21 at 12:58 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the quick replies!
    Yes, i do have a monitor already. Its a simple TFT tho, 19´ i think...and i dunno, wouldnt really need Windows, since i got a spare copy of Windows XP still here, legit.

For any of those used computers it is perfectly fine.

However if you upgrade the video card to a current generation you will not be able to utilize DirectX11 support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just have a couple of words of warning to add....

Generally if someone is selling computer parts (or a computer) that is still of decent spec it's because there was something wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    I just have a couple of words of warning to add....

Generally if someone is selling computer parts (or a computer) that is still of decent spec it's because there was something wrong with it.
    Not necessary. And none of the computers above is still of "decent specs".
    I've seen people selling GTX 590 because they decided that it's an overkill for their gaming needs.