Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Green is good for any healer except a disc priest, as it doesn't proc off of their spells. Green is technically better than red for a holy paladin, because red will result in significantly more overhealing than green, as it will simply double your heals. If you use divine light, for example, and it heals for 60K, most of that is usually going to be wasted, however if it instead heals the entire raid for an equal share of that heal, it is less likely to be wasted. Generally with anyone but a disc priest I get red and then blue, as green is better than red for most classes, and I would only have it for a short time before getting blue.

Of course blue is the best if you are 3 healing, as you will get twice your heals through 100% haste (2x as many heals per second), it lets you spam holy radiance with the reduced mana cost, which means more healing again, and then it adds more ticks to holy radiance, MORE HEALING! Just make sure you are casting holy radiance on a different target every time so that you don't overwrite the heal, which will destroy your healing.

if two healing... take green then blue
    if three healing take blue and HR HR HR LoD and watch the raid health rise!!!
    i get a least 42k HPS on Ultra 10man

If you get blue.
    Spam HR like no tomorrow. You won't go oom.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Deleted
    I tend to solo heal our gropu using red gem. I have used green before and just spammed Divine lights and blues viable aswell if you wanna just go nuts with High mana cost heals. It all depends on preference there isnt a right and wrong answer in normals. When it comes to Heroic Im taking the green gem untill the blue one comes up and then taking Blue for haste and mana FoL spams FTW with our druid healer taking red to give his AoE heals a nice boost. Depends on raid seteup aswell. If your 2 healing it then one person can take green and one take red with a dps e.g a mage taking the blue. But with three healers it depends on which classes are healing to which gem should be taking. Shammies tend to bite when you take their Blue buff though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullrog View Post
    If your 2 healing it then one person can take green and one take red with a dps e.g a mage taking the blue. But with three healers it depends on which classes are healing to which gem should be taking. Shammies tend to bite when you take their Blue buff though.
    yeah if that mage can be in healer spec at the start of the fight.... but you go do that..

Blue gem + Holy Radiance spam = epic win. Makes my druid/shammy cry b/c I can't keep up to save my life...but that's not the point.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Electrum View Post
    Green is good for any healer except a disc priest, as it doesn't proc off of their spells. Green is technically better than red for a holy paladin, because red will result in significantly more overhealing than green, as it will simply double your heals. If you use divine light, for example, and it heals for 60K, most of that is usually going to be wasted, however if it instead heals the entire raid for an equal share of that heal, it is less likely to be wasted. Generally with anyone but a disc priest I get red and then blue, as green is better than red for most classes, and I would only have it for a short time before getting blue.
    I find Green to be terrible for druids, holy priests, and shammies unless those shammies are on tank heal only.
    Last edited by Ohleemar; 2011-12-22 at 03:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what my holy paladin does.

He takes the red, then waits for the blue to spawn and steals that quickly too, leaving the green for our priest. What a cock.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    If you're in 10 man I'd suggest 2 healing if not have a priest smite/heal so really 1.5 heal.
    Take red.
    Priest green
    Take blue.

If you have other settups always go for blue. Best you can get as a pally. You can spam HR without getting oom.

Quote Originally Posted by hamnashida View Post
    if two healing... take green then blue
    if three healing take blue and HR HR HR LoD and watch the raid health rise!!!
    i get a least 42k HPS on Ultra 10man
    Don't bother with LoD unless you need to pick the tank up through beacon. We only use LoD for mana efficiency. With the blue buff mana becomes irrelevant so we switch to HR spam for maximum hps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    Don't bother with LoD unless you need to pick the tank up through beacon. We only use LoD for mana efficiency. With the blue buff mana becomes irrelevant so we switch to HR spam for maximum hps.
    Yep once you have blue only spam HR.

Click red > click green > click blue. Fuck the police!
    I don't care if WoW steals ideas from another game. I just wish they'd steal aoe looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohleemar View Post
    Blue gem + Holy Radiance spam = epic win. Makes my druid/shammy cry b/c I can't keep up to save my life...but that's not the point.

---------- Post added 2011-12-22 at 10:43 AM ----------

I find Green to be terrible for druids, holy priests, and shammies unless those shammies are on tank heal only.

Green is awesome for shamans. You drop a healing rain and just see green +HP numbers and spam chain heal rinse and repeat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeder View Post
    yeah if that mage can be in healer spec at the start of the fight.... but you go do that..
    Works on any spell type not just heals.

Normal? 10m? One heal it and take whatever you please. Save yourself some clear time.
    Last edited by Ankram; 2011-12-23 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DPS can't even click the crystals, so well done.

only healers can click on the crystals. just like only tanks get defensive CDs reduced by 50% and length increased by 100%.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

We 2 heal the fight with a Holy Paladin and Resto Shaman (Shaman is me). We have our Pally take Red then I pick up the Green and shift to Blue and it worked like a charm. Red is definitely viable (Paladin pulled 56k HPS or something like that with minimal mana problems) and I pulled around 40k. Just go with what your set up calls for and you'll do well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohleemar View Post
    Green is perfect for all of those classes. It exactly doubles their heals, except it redistributes them for less overhealing. It does not strictly work with direct heals, which is why healing the tank or the raid does not change the effectiveness of the crystal. Green is always better than red unless you are only worried about tank heals, as it will result in less overhealing and still double your heals. The only reason to use red is if you're sole job is to spam the tank up - and he is getting raped - or because you are a disc priest and green does not proc off of shields. Blue is even better than all of them, but only if you're AoE heals result in more HPS than your single target ones, as it doubles your heals per second and if you must spam a single target heal for more HPS you'll have more overhealing. Blue is best, though, for classes with high mana cost spells with huge HPS results because of the additional reduction - Holy Radiance.