Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ultraxion Blue or red gem?

Hey I am a holy pally and I always thought blue was better then any gem but this pally thinks red is better I would really like help with this lol, so which one is better?

Green crystal

Deleted
    For pallies? Blue is definitely the best. There is absolutely no way shape or form that anyone can argue red is better than blue. Red only gives you 100% healing, blue gives you 100% haste (which adds up to 100% more healing done!) PLUS it reduces mana cost by 75% so you can switch to HR spam which nets even more extra healing. Blue is the best buff to have on a pally and pallies are the best class to give blue to.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Blue is the best

100% haste alone is probably stronger than 100% extra healing (thanks to extra ticks from HR) add to that a mana cost reduction that allows you to keep spamming HR even if you only have about 20k mana left before you pick it up and there's really no competition at all.

Deleted
    Green is crap, blue is the best by far, red's good enough because it spawns early.

Deleted
    Blue all the way

Ok, for normal kills we used 3 healers, just because we got 3 core healers without anz real off-spec in our 10man raid group. As holy pala I tried green and then red. With red I was just demolished healing done. The Priestess was taking blue all the time for her group heal spam.

Now to my question. For HC we will have to use 2 healers. We got all possible healer combinations available. The most likely I will heal it with a priest most of the time tho due to our raid attendence. What crystals should take holy priest, which crystals should I take?

From what I understood in some other thread, Priest should take RED and conserve mana. Basicly handling spikes on tank etc. Me as Paladin I would take GREEN and keep healing raid. I should end up at around 15-20% mana when I take BLUE. After taking GREEN crystal, should I switch from HR to Holy Light/Divine Light/Holy Shock? And after I take BLUE crystal, should I switch back to HR spam?

Thanks for advices

Take red first then switch to blue when it spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Penicilin View Post
    From what I understood in some other thread, Priest should take RED and conserve mana. Basicly handling spikes on tank etc. Me as Paladin I would take GREEN and keep healing raid. I should end up at around 15-20% mana when I take BLUE. After taking GREEN crystal, should I switch from HR to Holy Light/Divine Light/Holy Shock? And after I take BLUE crystal, should I switch back to HR spam?

Thanks for advices
    Yes for gems. Let priest take Red and grab Green then Blue. EDIT: that's what I did with a disc priest actually, green might be pretty much as good as Red for a holy priest...
    Regarding rotation. Green buff works very well with HR so just stick with HR-HR-HS-LoD untill you get Blue and switch to HR spam.

Try to keep all CDs up and eventually a Volcanic pot for around 5' into the fight (you can use wings / AM twice before and DF once) as damage will ramp up quite hard at this point and you'll need to pull insane healing to give your DPSers enough time to score a kill!!

Also make sure to use the BL trick at start, makes life easier! And finally, have you priest dps at the start since you can easily handle the healing alone for the first seconds of the fight (prepotting makes it even easier!!).

GL

Blue is amazing. HR spam is godlike.

Paladins already overheal a ton; red buff would just probably result in more overhealing (at least until the last bit of the fight). Blue buff is amazing.. spamming HR like crazy without your mana going down? Yes please.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    As many people have said above, blue is the way to go for paladins. It allows you to build HP faster for even more AoE healing spamm, or simply heal the raid faster with your strong heals which don't really cost much while under the effect, while red would just lead to overheal after overheal because of the sheer power of paladin single target heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue is better for heladins (green is for druids usualy). We usualy give red to priests. Also:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CLaxxess View Post
    As many people have said above, blue is the way to go for paladins. It allows you to build HP faster for even more AoE healing spamm, or simply heal the raid faster with your strong heals which don't really cost much while under the effect, while red would just lead to overheal after overheal because of the sheer power of paladin single target heals.
    lol you shouldnt use LoD with blue buff

Deleted
    Use 2 healers (in 10 man) or 4 (25 man)
    Get Red First
    Get Blue when it comes out
    Win.

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Descense I LOVE THAT PIC lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Blue is better for heladins (green is for druids usualy). We usualy give red to priests. Also:
    Red is better for druids, and they gain more benefit from it than any other healer because of the way efflor works...

Blue always hold out for Blue

Go blue or go home
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--