Poll: Do you want a cross-server LFD tool in GW2?

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Automated LFD tool

I recognize the benefits of such a tool, but I sincerely hope Anet does not implement one. Ever. The convenience of pushing a button to find a group is outweighed by the harm it does to server community, WoW being a sad example of this.

I would rather deal with the small challenge of manually assembling a group (maybe with the aid of a tool like the old BC-era dungeon list) and enjoy actually making friends on my own server that I will play with again, as opposed to grouping with 4 strangers that I will never talk to or see again.

If Anet is reading this, please don't make Blizzard's mistake again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the introduction of the tool, I haven't seen it used often beyond the "normal Heroics". Beyond that, dps easily have a 25min+ wait.

But if our guild the <Silver Wolf Clan> can grow, I'd probably just ignore any LFD tool anyways, implemented or not. I'd rather fight, wipe, and laugh with guildies than perfect strangers. Only times I would use it would be if no one was on (pffft) but that's rare.

In other words, I would really like to not see it put in. But if they do put one in, it had better be server side only. Not the random server crap we see in WoW right now.

i hope u arent on a low pop server then, oh the karma
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would rather have a dungeon finder than to spam LFG in chat.

LFD was probably introduced by bliz because many had "trouble" finding some PUG with a decent setup (ie with some tank/healer) to do some dungeons (heroics or not).

such thing would be pointless in GW2 as there won't be such thing as a "typical" group setup.
    no "holy trinity" (tank/heal/dps) => bring anything you want in your group.

that said, i wouldn't be surprised if there'll be some group finder feature similar to that exists in GW1.

Last edited by sacrypheyes; 2011-11-19 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added thumbnail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    I'm generally on the "Medium" sized servers.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post

I would rather deal with the small challenge of manually assembling a group (maybe with the aid of a tool like the old BC-era dungeon list) and enjoy actually making friends on my own server that I will play with again, as opposed to grouping with 4 strangers that I will never talk to or see again.

If Anet is reading this, please don't make Blizzard's mistake again.
    I made a lot of friends that way when I played WoW. It made me be really social ingame. The LFD tool in WoW made everyone nameless and expendable. People rarely talked and when it was someone they didn't want, they were kicked and the LFD tool brought us another person. It was impersonal and there was no consequence for rude action since it was some random bloke from another server most of the time.

If they had to implement one I really hope they would make it draw people from the players own server.

There is no Trinity in GW2, so there is no need to have automated LFD system like in WoW. A chat or a manual LFG interface is more than enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YouAreAllWrong View Post
    There is no Trinity in GW2, so there is no need to have automated LFD system like in WoW. A chat or a manual LFG interface is more than enough.
    This.

Since there will be no more "lf tank to x, last spot", I doupt LFD would be necessary. Though I don't mind as long as it isn't cross-server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    You can just transfer server if you end up on low pop server and don't like it there.

LFD tools kills any sense of community outside of guilds. Since ANet is looking to build a game around server communities, this is unlikely to happen.

Deleted
    This. Again and again and again...

You will never be short on people, since it's actually hard to create "unbalanced" party. Got 4 Rangers and a Thief? No problem, you will clear that dungeon. Things can be bit different when it comes to explorer (hard) mode, it would still be possible to clear it, but it may be more challenging than let's say more diverse composition .

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Are you that lazy to rather lose any world activity(where you can count WPvP) and enter dungeons every 15 minutes max like a bot, get there, clear it, get out, and do that again and again...

Some people should have played few years back to see how crappy this is becoming.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES.
    I'm very happy about it, I hate LFG tool with a passion. I wanted to try rift till I found out that they have one too.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I played Rift until they implemented a LFG tool. I'm never going back there. I pray that GW2 doesn't make this mistake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I agree. I've never been good at making friends, not to mention that I don't even want to be "friends" with most *ssholes anyways, so I simply won't have a large friendlist from which to recruit people. As such I'm already at a great disadvantage in comparison to popular people, and I'd definitely like a tool that would atleast make it fast for me to find a group if I have to go with total strangers instead of having to go with strangers AND waste time yelling in trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've actually just thought about this, but since there are lack of roles and you can bring any class with you, its going to make each run of the same instance different every time you bring someone new instead of the same pull over and over again. Each encounter is going to happen very differently.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    No!! No LFD tool!! I wouldnt mind, aN would actually like them to implement the original one though...The original one was essentially just a list of people who wanted to go to the dungeon, and you could invite em from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Anet's philosophy on grouping for PvE is that it should happen naturally without any kind of interface, clicking options, etc. I doubt a LFG would be implemented as the waypoints make traveling to dungeons very convenient anyway. It would be redundant at best and against their philosophy on parties at worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't seem really needed in Guild Wars 2 (since you should be able to run most, if not all, dungeons should be doable with any sort of group) but it would be a great utility for people in small guilds, or who don't make much (online) friends. Some kind of LFD-channel might be enough, but it relies a lot on certain individuals taking initiative. I remember, back before LFD, that the LFG-channel was filled with people, who didn't actually formed a group until I started whispering them.
    I also think the effect from LFD on the WoW-community is greatly overrated. The WoW-community (like most online communities) was already mostly rotten at the core.
    Resurrected Holy Priest