Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I feel ripped off.

I picked up my copy of swtor today, install it and all that shiz, only to find out i have to give them more money upfront to play this?? WTF? I mean the game clearly says 30 days free game time. a little warning would have been appreciated to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by ÐundeeDS View Post
    I picked up my copy of swtor today, install it and all that shiz, only to find out i have to give them more money upfront to play this?? WTF? I mean the game clearly says 30 days free game time. a little warning would have been appreciated to say the least.
    They don't charge you, you put your shit in, and take it off. Simple, i know.

Quote Originally Posted by bertoxxulous View Post
    they don't charge you, you put your shit in, and take it off. Simple, i know.
    no bra thats too hard bra
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Did you register the product code? Shouldn't need a subscription until the 30 days wears off
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderSheephard View Post
    no bra thats too hard bra
    I have no shit to put in bra

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Did you register the product code? Shouldn't need a subscription until the 30 days wears off
    No, it's standard MMO practice to require proof of a valid method of payment before activating the 30 days free. It even says it right on the gamebox.

Enter your CC, validate it, then cancel the sub. Your 30 days free starts as soon as it is validated.

Debit cards work too.

If you have neither, borrow your parents.

i did register the product code

It is correct that you have 30 days free play time. What you will have to do is set up a subscription before you can play, just like WoW and other MMO's has it. After the 30 free days they will start charging you for you to continue playing.
    Last edited by Belial; 2011-12-21 at 01:40 AM.

In wow you don't have too

Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    In wow you don't have too
    Oh yes you have to do this in WoW also.

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Oh yes you have to do this in WoW also.
    Nope. You don't. I have never had to set up a subscription before playing WoW. Just enter cd key. and fill out my name and stuff. Never had to give them my cc info.

Nope. You don't. I have never had to set up a subscription before playing WoW. Just enter cd key. and fill out my name and stuff. Never had to give them my cc info.
    Actually you did.

That is, you did before the whole unlimited trial crap.

Then you either live in China or are the only one I have ever heard about not needing to do this.

You are all wrong on both counts for the WoW thing.

What you got was a piece of paper with a number on it. You plugged that in and that registered the 10 days free game time. I still have a couple floating around from when I used to buy game cards.

Deleted
    Im pretty sure I didnt do it when I started wow, but I started at EU Release, things might have changed. That or my braincells are old and dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinshiva View Post
    You are all wrong on both counts for the WoW thing.

What you got was a piece of paper with a number on it. You plugged that in and that registered the 10 days free game time. I still have a couple floating around from when I used to buy game cards.
    Well those were/are trail accounts. The only def. now is that you can play trail for as long as you want now in WoW without playing though you are still limited by the rules of trail accounts, max lv is 20, can't trade and so on.

Pretty sure WoW did that too back in the day.

They did do this for WoW, and every other MMO. They just stopped doing this because of people like OP who don't have a card, and can't go out and buy another gametime card to have sitting around for 30 days.

I never had any CC information on my account for like 1 year, i ran it solely off of game time cards.

Quote Originally Posted by arphet View Post
    I never had any CC information on my account for like 1 year, i ran it solely off of game time cards.
    This is also an option. And you can do it like that in SWTOR also.