Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethon View Post
    the difference is that those fights were mechanically fun and engaging, unlike madness
    That is true, LK was a well thought out encounter just like Illidan, but can you imagine one shotting those bosses in LFR. It would of been really sad. Just like CC has diminishing returns, each time you kill a boss on a different setting you are never as excited as if you were doing it as your initial kill.

Lore from tankspot brought up a good idea about not forcing guilds to down bosses on normal the 1st week and guilds wanting to do heroic mode straight away could.

This raid is by far one of my favorites. yay dragon soul!

the first 6 bosses are really cool in my opinion, especially hagara, ultraxion and warmaster are both challenging in heroic mode (my guild is 5/8 heroic atm) and fun. deathwing fights not so much. Yea, i haven't tried them on heroic yet, I'm sure they are very hard, but i already hate them on normal. It's just a fight with a lot of adds and tentacles, nothing more. Yes, the "settings" (being on the back of flying deathwing) and the fight at the maelstrom are pretty nice, but all in all the fights just feel lame, boring and underwhelming. Blizzard could have done so much of a better job here.

I don't judge the difficulty on content when I haven't even played it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hightotem View Post
    That is true, LK was a well thought out encounter just like Illidan, but can you imagine one shotting those bosses in LFR. It would of been really sad. Just like CC has diminishing returns, each time you kill a boss on a different setting you are never as excited as if you were doing it as your initial kill.

Lore from tankspot brought up a good idea about not forcing guilds to down bosses on normal the 1st week and guilds wanting to do heroic mode straight away could.
    I agree with Lore's position and agree fully that its never has epic the second time. except the fact that madness was not open during the first week where most guilds killed him, so I don't think encounter fatigue really plays into this fight. What this boss needed, like others needs complex and unique phases with identifiable transisitions.

To all the people saying you need to do heroic before you can voice an opinion about a patch makes no sense. Normal mode raids should be just as fun to people who are "casual" and only capable of normal as heroics are to people who like the extra challenge. Blizzard shouldn't have to make heroic the only raid that's enjoyable and actually has any work put into it. People play the game they want to and they're paying $15 per month just like you. If they feel a patch was underwhelming and didn't live up to the hype, telling them that their opinion sucks because they haven't done heroic makes no sense. Who's to say they'll even like heroic? RAIDING in general should be fun, regardless of difficulty.

I usually don't agree with flame posts either. BUT- I sadly have to agree that Deathwing is by far the most disapointing, underwhelming end boss fight I have ever done. Heroic Rag was awesome, seeing him with legs really had that WOW factor, that keeps me playing this game. Deathing is nothing but a tentacle disco party, just like the other boss in DS. Tentacles are old blizzard..we had enough of them with Yogg-Saron and most of us don't want to see anymore....

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Death Wing fight is the most boring fight I have done in a long time, when it comes to "final bosses". LK was way ahead fun wise, so was C'Thun, Sartharion, Ragnaros, Illidan, Kael, Vasjh and KJ.

It really amazes me how boring the DW fight is, as I find some of the earlier bosses in DS quite enjoying.

Deleted
    To all people that were hoping Madness of Deathwing will have somekind of heroic only phase like Ragnaros. Remember that you have to inspect Deathwing encounter in 3 different portions (Warmaster Blackthorn, Spine of Deathwing, Madness of Deathwing). They are all the "same" fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Please go somewhere else with your flame.

If you dont like the game, quit.
    If you think you can do better, make your own game.
    Have you actually downed deathwing? or even seen him on heroic?
    You sound exactly like one of the usual fanboys "oh the last boss only took xx days to kill, what a dissapointment, I haven't actually downed the boss IM SURE HES EASY!"

Why don't you try posting something more constructive instead of bashing the game, Madness of deathwing is an awesome fight, like who wouldnt wana be fighting giant tentacles and a giant head poking out of a maelstrom. Get a life dude.
    inb4 Wow players telling other Wow Players to get a life... </3

Spine has been the only encounter I've enjoyed in any way thus far. I'm in a casual (REALLY casual, 2 nights 3 hours) raid guild and we didn't even down Rag-N until the nerf. After nerf we were only 4/7H. We downed Deathwing in 2 weeks on normal and we're 2/8H our first night trying them.

The Madness encounters was absolutely awful, although the setting was epic. I liked the 4 areas with seperate buffs that slowly went away idea, but it was so passive and you didn't even really care about it except in the prior planning. Deathwings attacks and adds were basically Vanilla raiding, they were so sloppy and bland I thought I was back in Lvl60 Naxx.

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung91 View Post
    I usually don't agree with flame posts either. BUT- I sadly have to agree that Deathwing is by far the most disapointing, underwhelming end boss fight I have ever done. Heroic Rag was awesome, seeing him with legs really had that WOW factor, that keeps me playing this game. Deathing is nothing but a tentacle disco party, just like the other boss in DS. Tentacles are old blizzard..we had enough of them with Yogg-Saron and most of us don't want to see anymore....
    First off thanks for the sig.
    Second, if you "killed" his head knocked you down into the maelstrom and you fight him under the maelstrom. the tentacles I think show his corruption well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    lol WotLK is not an good example to use when you are talking about good raid. ICC,Naxx 2.0,ToC are pinnacle of raiding in WoW. lol /sacarsm
    i am unsure if anyone replied this in the next pages as i cannot be arsed to read trough the whole thing, but even icc was better then ds. cannot speak for ds heroic as i have seen very litle of it yet.

as for pinacle of raiding, i would believe ulduar was the best raid ever to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by TrapTime View Post
    It ain't that fucking awesome, u SEE THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER. It's like blizzard fucking with ur brain. OOO additional ability, oooo boss got extra steroids, ooo boss has leveled up and put point in their talent point and use that new spell!

Oooh, you're still paying for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarunico View Post
    The Madness encounters was absolutely awful, although the setting was epic. I liked the 4 areas with seperate buffs that slowly went away idea, but it was so passive and you didn't even really care about it except in the prior planning. Deathwings attacks and adds were basically Vanilla raiding, they were so sloppy and bland I thought I was back in Lvl60 Naxx.
    Cannot agree more, I do most of the strategy in my raid, and it felt like once you learned a platform, you had the whole fight.

I'm not trying to join in the flaming or anything...

I personally didn't like the way Deathwing dies...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlGRU5sUufk&t=13m0s

IMA FIRIN MA LLAAAAAZZZZOOOORRRRZZZZZ!! FLASH! SPARKLES ^_^ he was made of sparkles

It's a very anticlimactic way to go for something so huge and anticipated, IMO.

Or, if you will:

Q: "What is contain it everything?"
    A: "Flash!" "Sparkles."
    Last edited by KaleidoGalaxy; 2011-12-21 at 07:44 AM.

as a OT i dislike new raid due to the fact that half of the instance I have to DPS, on most that are left I'm just a taunt bot for few secs and can't even vengance cap :?
    Only fights I really enjoy are spine-warmaster-madness, where at last i have something to do.
    I speak from normals point of view, since I won't be any HCs anytime soon...

Still it's not a bad raid tier IMHO. And I'm more dissapionted that we don't fight human form Deathwing, than with Madness fight, which I actually found quite cool. It could use few changes, like DW trying to eat players, but still - it's not that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Please go somewhere else with your flame.

If you dont like the game, quit.
    If you think you can do better, make your own game.
    Have you actually downed deathwing? or even seen him on heroic?
    You sound exactly like one of the usual fanboys "oh the last boss only took xx days to kill, what a dissapointment, I haven't actually downed the boss IM SURE HES EASY!"

Why don't you try posting something more constructive instead of bashing the game, Madness of deathwing is an awesome fight, like who wouldnt wana be fighting giant tentacles and a giant head poking out of a maelstrom. Get a life dude.
    you mean him stating his opinion is a bad thing, gtfo

i like some of the fights in the new raid but my main problem is that the fights lack a need for spacial awareness, ultraxion you stand there and healers heal their asses off, I like pingpong boss, slime boss spread out or stack, spine dont all stand on one side, madness.... do whatever the hell you ant just dont stand under bolt. I miss running out of fireballs on the ground like in halfus or jindo, i liked looking for where hammer was dropping on rag and avoiding waves, i liked moving for tornadoes on alakir while not being blasted off.... madness you stand there, kill big add, bolt, little adds, tentacle, you dont have to look at your surroundings and be aware. i loke blackhorn cuz of how much more spacial awareness there is compared to the rest of the bosses.
    Last edited by chodeman; 2011-12-21 at 07:47 AM.

Deleted
    Actually I love the Deathwing fight (excluding spine). I love the feel of it... like you are finishing him off in madness and you got all these buffs and it's all about who dies first. You or him. Haven't had this much fun in a while, I admit I haven't done him in heroic so can't really compare there.

A lot of people compare it to rag hc and go like "rag was epix, chin is not". That's utter crap if you ask me, rag was excruciating. I literally wanted to slit my wrists every time we did him and I gladly offered to sit out. Now on madness however, even though I don't need any loot I ask our RL to get me in just because it's a fun fight.

Now spine, on the other hand, is another excruciating fight. Actually rag>spine that's how excruciating it is, unfortunately I need loot from spine... FML

TLDR; Madness is fun and unique, so is spine (minus the "fun" part). Rag was a pain

Quote Originally Posted by chodeman View Post
    madness you stand there, kill big add, bolt, little adds, tentacle, you dont have to look at your surroundings and be aware
    Madness is more one of those fights which really requires you to push out everything you can from your class. To a certain point, it is a heavy DPS check. Healers are gonna be screwed if something goes wrong. Tanks WILL die, unless they pala met
    Last edited by mmoce326989cd6; 2011-12-21 at 07:49 AM. Reason: quote