Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    I don't hate them, don't care about them enough to hate them. Don't care about world first either.
    this, I don't hate them I just hoped that LFR cheaters wouldn't win the race, and they didn't so I was pleased, but I don't hold them any illwill. So many guilds were exploiting LFR that I understand Paragon said to themselves something like "since everyone is doing it we're missing out if we don't." I don't think anyone is jealous of paragon, they just didn't want cheaters to win, and that's something that's there morally within most people

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    They are special because they can do something, through hard work, that most cannot, so I respect them for it. In the wow 'Community' they are 'Special' but in the greater scheme of things, I couldn't care less about them.
    This makes me sick "most cannot", i'm sure if every single raider in WoW's job was to raid there would be an awful lot more guilds competing for world first.. It's not as though PVE on WoW requires top of the range skills

How was kiting the adds during magmaw exploitable? The only thing I can think of is adds no longer spawning if you kite them around initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa Saurus View Post
    This makes me sick "most cannot", i'm sure if every single raider in WoW's job was to raid there would be an awful lot more guilds competing for world first.. It's not as though PVE on WoW requires top of the range skills
    In even moderately high end guilds, the vast majority of applications don't even make it to the interview stage, and the majority of trials fail. This is only among those who believe they have what it takes and try and join in the first place.

The difference in skill between a WF guild and a top 20 guild is large, and the different to a guild ranked in the hundreds or thousands is massive. The worst player in Paragon would be an all-star in 99.9% of guilds in this game. It is absolutely true that most players can not do what Paragon does.

Not sure why it makes you "sick" to point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmad View Post
    There is strong smell of jealous people, indeed. While Finnish people live in their cottages, raiding with wooden logs in -40 C degrees, eating only dry rye bread and "drinking" snow, in the middle of swamp full of gray bear, wolves and lynxes, and STILL managing to be one of the world's top guilds, you would be jealous too.
    not really i would say WTF is wrong with you ..

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

First it was Nihilum, then it was Ensidia, then it was blood legion, then it was paragon and soon it will be KIN.

Deleted
    It's same with every game. People get tired of seeing the same guild/clan/team top for long periods of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondlem View Post
    In even moderately high end guilds, the vast majority of applications don't even make it to the interview stage, and the majority of trials fail. This is only among those who believe they have what it takes and try and join in the first place.

The difference in skill between a WF guild and a top 20 guild is large, and the different to a guild ranked in the hundreds or thousands is massive. The worst player in Paragon would be an all-star in 99.9% of guilds in this game. It is absolutely true that most players can not do what Paragon does.

Not sure why it makes you "sick" to point that out.
    I only chose the word "sick" because of the guys previous post, and no I don't agree at all. They won't accept people they don't need, why would they?

And i'd like to know how you know that the difference between the player skill is so different between these top 20 guilds, or is that just an assumption? Because I can bet it is.

At the end of the day, just because people are amazing at this game doesn't mean they are in the top guilds, they simply don't have time to play it that much and have jobs, family's etc or genuinely don't give a shit.

PVE on WoW is more about patience then skill, make it everyones job they'd be an awful lot more competition in the top 20 - In fact, i'm willing to be a tad niave and say the majority of the skilled player base is in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nesingwary-Eliada View Post
    It's pretty typical really. If 50 people were busted for picking up undercover prostitutes and one of them was a senator, who do you think would get all the negative publicity and hate? Yep. The senator.

When you're in the spotlight and you make a mistake your bound to get a big backlash. Look at any celebrity with a drug or alcohol habit or any well know person/group of people who have broken the law and its the same thing.

Now i'm well aware we're talking about a video game here but when an extremely well known raiding guild with a worldwide reputation gets busted exploiting the game the backlash shouldn't really be that surprising.
    I disagree. A senator is a representative of the people. Politicians, while only humans, are (willingly) put in a position where they are expected to uphold the laws they demand the people to follow. A high end wow guild is just a group of people who strive for something extraordinary in that context. When they fuck up there is no hipocricy or other double standards because they are not the ones who make the rules. If there was a blizzard guild that competed in the "race", and also put themselved under the banhammer for exploiting it would have been a completely different matter altogether. Paragon just took a risk and faced the consequences. If other people are emotionally scarred as a result of it they are just stupid. The same goes for celebrities that are not elected to represent the people. Why do people care what Charlie Sheen stuffs up his nose? Because people are retarded.

Deleted
    at the end of lich king fight , lich king father said some realy good words : NO KING RULLES FOREVER MY SON.... its not about hate , paragon did the crime,paragon pay the time...end of story

Quote Originally Posted by Jaffa Saurus View Post
    I only chose the word "sick" because of the guys previous post, and no I don't agree at all. They won't accept people they don't need, why would they?

And i'd like to know how you know that the difference between the player skill is so different between these top 20 guilds, or is that just an assumption? Because I can bet it is.

At the end of the day, just because people are amazing at this game doesn't mean they are in the top guilds, they simply don't have time to play it that much and have jobs, family's etc or genuinely don't give a shit.

PVE on WoW is more about patience then skill, make it everyones job they'd be an awful lot more competition in the top 20 - In fact, i'm willing to be a tad niave and say the majority of the skilled player base is in PvP.
    I don't mean trials fail because the guild doesn't need them, I mean they aren't good enough to play at the expected standard.

As far as awarness of the skill gap goes, there is an actual reason why guilds kill bosses quicker and with less gear. Some of it is hours invested, but very few high end guilds raid the obscene hours that WF guilds do and they are still much more successful than most. The guild I'm in today is around top 20 in the world and the guild I was in before it was ranked somewhere in the thousands, and we raid the same number of hours a week. There were maybe one or two players in that guild who could cut it with us today, and that's a pretty typical experience.

Raiding in WoW might not require incredible twitch reflexes like Quake or 400 APM like Starcraft but it does require strong spatial awareness, concentration, discipline, intelligence and decision making under pressure, all of which are tested by heroic raid encounters. The players who end up in the best guilds are the ones who make the least mistakes, grasp mechanics the fastest and have the best problem solving skills. They mostly come from lower ranked guilds where they are star players and their guild dies or they decide to move on and they eventually end up in a competitive guild with a "sink or swim" approach to raiding, and they are the ones who make it.

All of this is not to say you should worship Paragon or anything, I don't really care what you think of them, but they are very good at World of Warcraft for whatever that's worth.

I'm a shaman and only for that reason I'm happy paragon didn't win!

Check shaman boards and see how happy we are after being excluded from the WF in T11 and T12, we were now represented with our 3 specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    They cheated and got what they deserved, they been exploiting the whole Expansion, Rag prbly one of there only legit kills. It isnt jealously, its pulling off the mask they were wearing and no one cares if they got World First or any other Top EU guilds does (Ensidia, Method, For The Horde) anymore, Because they will be that guild that everyone remembers .... Wait wasn't Paragon one of the guilds who exploited and got banned for 8 days. Today US & KR won and EU got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Ask Ensidia / Nihilum: People love to see their heroes rise, then love it even more to see them fall.

Applies to the real world too.
    This pretty much. What we're seeing now is exactly the same as we saw when Paragon took over.

I dont know about hating but the other day i saw a part of that World First movie in a freinds house and i must say, that chick from there guild sure looks/act like a c*nt.
    My first impression was like, wow, what a b*tch.... and no, Im not jelly.... couldnt care less about dragon slayers.

maybe the entire 'superiority aura' they demonstrate has something to do with it? high horse much?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    I am also pretty sure that I could go to the Harvard library and find information about all the wars that have ever taken place...

But, I am curious if Mr. Bernardblack can provide us with some detailed information about this so-called war of him.
    Have you been living under a rock? Pick up a history book for gods sake, the Portuguese-Finnish war was the biggest war since the BIG ONE.

My brother who still sails the Baltic sea has to control his crew every time they spot a Finnish cod fishing boat, it's that bad, those men would eagerly jump boats just to start an all out sea brawl...

It's a mixture of envy and the fact that they've been using exploits to get world firsts since Vanilla, but act surprised and deny it every-time they get caught. They don't own up to using exploits and I think a lot of times that's what pisses people off.

Deleted
    People don't hate them, they dislike their attitude. and yes, someone who always wins (Apart from this patch!) is mostly hated. It's a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people just get sick of hearing about them. For football fans here, you'll know about Tim Tebow. Lots of people are sick of hearing about him. Similar case, although the Broncos don't always win.

That's another thing though. People are sick of the same people making every big landmark achievement in WoW. It's not necessarily jealousy, it's just people want to hear about other guilds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    Have you been living under a rock? Pick up a history book for gods sake, the Portuguese-Finnish war was the biggest war since the BIG ONE.

My brother who still sails the Baltic sea has to control his crew every time they spot a Finnish cod fishing boat, it's that bad, those men would eagerly jump boats just to start an all out sea brawl...
    I am going to report your post for spreading false information, which is an offense according to the rules of these forums.

However, feel free to post a link to your sources for these claims. I am sure interested in reading all about this so-called war of yours