Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I think some people just get sick of hearing about them. For football fans here, you'll know about Tim Tebow. Lots of people are sick of hearing about him. Similar case, although the Broncos don't always win.

That's another thing though. People are sick of the same people making every big landmark achievement in WoW. It's not necessarily jealousy, it's just people want to hear about other guilds.
    But half the time, people don't even bother to find OUT about the other guilds. So they're kind of blaming the wrong person, really.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jealousy. Jealousy. Jealousy.

And yes, the haters who claim they are not jealous are the ones most jealous

Bitches be crazy, 'Nuff said.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    I am going to report your post for spreading false information, which is an offense according to the rules of these forums.
    That's against the rules?? Oh well then I have to report a lot of people.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    EU guilds are great, and clearly are the top of the heap (usually, Korea says Hi now I guess)

What I don't like is all the shitbird fanbois who spew hate towards other guilds with stupid remarks like "lolguild" when that US guild downs shit that person will probably never see.

Is it really that fucking hard to be civilized and polite? Stop being a prick, cheer your team to victory but stop shitting on the other one, it's shit behavior that shows you're a fucking douche. This goes for any nationality.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by massapequa View Post
    Question: Where is this hate to Paragon comming from?
    Very simple: People who have no idea how these guilds race to world first, all of a sudden act like they know it all because they read MMO-champion (which reports surprisingly little info on the WF kills, just when they happen and sometimes a video). They then apply their "normal" logic to a non-normal situation. This has always happened to a lesser extent, but for some reason the interest in these kills has grown exponentially since ICC.

Deleted
    Most of the people that hate Paragon are US wow players/look at the comments after KIN raiders got world first.-"Suck it EU"lol?/
    EU dominates wow raid progression,and they are just jealous.EU got better players in PvE and PvP..

I'm more interested to know why people feel the need to don sword and shield and crusade for the good reputation and internet safety of a guild full of people that they've never met. None of the leet hardcore superdeluxe Big Mac raiding guilds have ever done anything for you other than eventually lay down the foundation of raid strats, that's it, that's all. I don't hate any of them, I barely even register them. When I see "Realm First!" pop up while I'm playing, those are the people I care about and can let out a "Oh! Good for them!" if they're positive, good people or "Ugh, well, saw it coming." if they're notorious trolls and jackasses.

Honestly though I could do away with the "race for World First" drama. I wouldn't shed a tear if people didn't treat notches in an internet gaming belt like Olympic achievements but in a world where Kim Kardashian is a celebrity, I don't hold much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    Honestly though I could do away with the "race for World First" drama. I wouldn't shed a tear if people didn't treat notches in an internet gaming belt like Olympic achievements but in a world where Kim Kardashian is a celebrity, I don't hold much hope.
    For me (and my guild and most other friends I have that raid) the race is a nice little thing to keep track of.
    Problem is, people who don't raid (or do raid but just don't get how top end guilds work) keep making drama about the whole thing.

Both the defending and attacking side when it comes to forum discussion are generally not even up to date with the actual information, thus jump to conclusions and thus a shitstorm happens

Quote Originally Posted by Baaltheron View Post
    They are special because they can do something, through hard work, that most cannot, so I respect them for it. In the wow 'Community' they are 'Special' but in the greater scheme of things, I couldn't care less about them.
    That my friend, is because, unlike many people in the WoW community, you are able to differentiate between the game and real life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    What's to hate...nothing...what's to be jealous of.... nothing.....cheaters are NOTHING...

I don't think it's a matter of jealousy. If you're in a crap guild banging your head against normal mode raids, you'd hate and/or be jealous of every top 100 guild. That's not what you see though. It's fanboiism. I love X guild, all other guilds suck.

Look at a negative post directed at Paragon. Find out who posted it, and check their post history. Do they treat all raid guilds negatively? If so, they hate raiders in general. Are they supportive of some guilds, but negative towards others? Then they either disapprove of a particular attitude, don't know the facts, or have a grudge.

Sometimes a grudge is nothing more than regional support, much like you see in football or any other sport.

Let's please just quit with the whole jealousy thing. It's a crutch and a weak argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreverlad View Post
    Let's please just quit with the whole jealousy thing. It's a crutch and a weak argument.
    Agreed here. I'd much sooner say that they just don't understand why and how these guilds do this, and thus hate on them to try and look cool?
    Kind of like picking on the kid with a weird hobby in pre-school (or whatever it's called, my country uses a strange schooling system in comparison to the rest of the world :P)

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    I'm more interested to know why people feel the need to don sword and shield and crusade for the good reputation and internet safety of a guild full of people that they've never met. None of the leet hardcore superdeluxe Big Mac raiding guilds have ever done anything for you other than eventually lay down the foundation of raid strats, that's it, that's all. I don't hate any of them, I barely even register them. When I see "Realm First!" pop up while I'm playing, those are the people I care about and can let out a "Oh! Good for them!" if they're positive, good people or "Ugh, well, saw it coming." if they're notorious trolls and jackasses.

This is a great post.

Havent noticed [atleast much] hate towards paragon myself. Maybe they are jealous, like people already here said. Can`t find other reasons why some would hate paragon. maybe they dont like e-sport , i don`t know..
    Ban-Hammer
    Binds when picked up
    Two-Hand* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mace
    1336-1337* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Speed 1.337
    (133.7 damage per second)
    +100 Owning Noobs
    Chance on hit: Bans a Noob/Troll.

Haven't seen any hate towards Paragon. Just guilds that exploited in general. I don't see the problem.