10+ Year Old Account

Was anyone else hoping this would get fixed?

...Or am I the only one experiencing this issue.

Basically what happens is, on the claw/wing tentacles on the Deathwing fight, if they drop below 25% and you start using SW: Death, it WILL kill you for no reason.

This has happened to me every week. :\

Soo, anyone else experiencing this issue? I have opened a ticket about it today ( I figured it was a known issue, apparently not cause its still happening as of this week).

15+ Year Old Account
    You get damage buff on that fight so it's not that hard to crit for insane amounts and thus experience great backlashes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    You get damage buff on that fight so it's not that hard to crit for insane amounts and thus experience great backlashes.
    Hmm. But with the 40% damage reduction to yourself from your own SW: Death from P&S talent, and PW: Shield up, with Shadow Res on and everything, you can still hit yourself with 78k damage and kill yourself with SW: Death?

I don't even think that number is correct as I was at 89% health when I died, which... is more than 78k hit points at my level and gear.

My SW: Death on the boss was significantly less than that in total anyways. The backlash shouldn't be that high.

15+ Year Old Account
    The only solution is to get 2 set as that solves the issue completely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I've asked around and this seems to be working as intended. Everyone is doomed to one shot themselves until they get 2P bonuses. xD

Thanks for your replies, Exiztence.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hideous design considering you are unable to SW: D on nearly every boss in DS without risking death if you don't have 2set.

I don't know what you mean by hoping it was "fixed" that's how the spell works.
    2pc is the "fix"

Well, i know that I don't die from it, but I do get knocked down to like 20% so either dont use PW or just only use it at 100% life (Like I do, my healers love me :P) and then wait for the t2 set bonus and then you're all good

brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]

I had a crit of 418k with the 2 set bonus on his arm or wing tentacle. Without the 2 set it would have been ~270k.
    60% of that is 162k backlash, so yeah you still take a shit load of damage there without the 2 set bonus.

Deleted
    Yeh, 2 set is vital for us this tier. There is not a single heroic boss I'd be happy casting SW: D on without the 2 set

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    Yeh, 2 set is vital for us this tier. There is not a single heroic boss I'd be happy casting SW: D on without the 2 set
    I was able to get mine this past week as we moved into working on our heroics. It really is needed. It's a bit sad that we have to have this in order to really go all out, but then again....it's really fun being able to go "all out".
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Its pretty amazing on the fights this tier. Working on H Yor'sahj right now and its absolutely amazing for getting slimes down.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I was able to get mine this past week as we moved into working on our heroics. It really is needed. It's a bit sad that we have to have this in order to really go all out, but then again....it's really fun being able to go "all out".
    It's fun going "all-out" when you're normally limited, so when you get those few chances it's actually a great significant thing.

Threat used to be that limiter, where you were always held back by your tank and had to pace yourself, but the occasional fights where threat didn't matter made the whole thing that much more awesome (or you had tanks like I did that geared for threat in TBC, and had us healers working our butts off to keep them up, but we did it anyways).

When going all-out is the norm, it suddenly isn't that much fun anymore. It's expected, and any circumstances that prevent you from doing so feel like punishment. It's for this and this alone that I miss threat as a mechanic, it worked a lot better than any other limitations Blizzard can try to come up with to take its place.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

There's been bosses where sw:d is ill-advised as far as I can remember going back to tbc. Personally I don't see anything wrong with it, but I can understand using your brain during fights instead of mindlessly bashing your buttons can be too hard for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    The only solution is to get 2 set as that solves the issue completely.
    This. My guild didn't get to Madness until after I'd acquired my 2P, but I can say that this issue has never been of concern for me as a result of having it.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Just get 2pc and you're fine. Otherwise, don't kill yourself? /facepalm
    This is like stating its broken when you kill yourself if you sw:d when you have 100hp left...

Code:
    [21:41:25.201] Crpzz Shadow Word: Death Arm Tentacle *219461*
    [21:41:25.928] Unknown Shadow Word: Death Crpzz 4085 (A: 1288)
    All good!

If you're not completely confident in your healers I wouldn't risk SWDing during Cataclysm without 2set on madness, seen it crit for over 250k during a Cataclysm cast before (without 2set), and that backlash won't tickle.

Not a bug though.

Last week I did the LFR in t12 and on madness of deathwing I was doing around 70k dps and on the 2nd platform the tentacle was down below 25% and I started to do the x2 sw: deaths and both crit for around 228k and killed myself from the backlash... I just had to laugh and I typed it in the raid chat about what happened and other people were laughing about it.... but everyone jumped to the third platform... luckily there was a druid nice enough to jump back to rez me.

But now I'm using 4pc t13 and getting around 400k+ (crits) sw: deaths and no real fear from the backlash dmg now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah as people have said, when the Deathwing starts channelling Cataclysm, the Aspects channel a +100% damage debuff onto it's corresponding Arm/Wing Tentacle. It does make me sad-face that I can't execute still, but one day I will have that 2 set and then I can really rock the meters.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    4/8 HC and I can hardly SW: D anywhere since I still dont have the 2 piece. Sucks so much since every fight has so much aoe -.- And since dps is a big factor in a lot of the HCs it's even more frustrating...